#1 Posted by Kolonel_Kool (327 posts) -

Hey all you crazy Bombers (that still doesn't sound right)! Every once in a while I'll post a clip of me doing stand-up comedy. If not to showcase what I can do, then to show the documented growth of me as a comic. It's not all that often that I am truly proud of my work. However, I'm finally showing my true potential. If you don't like this clip, you can post a reply to show how terrible of a person with no sense of humour you are. Enjoy!

#2 Posted by EVO (3895 posts) -

Haha, that was some funny shit dude. Self-deprecation is my favourite kind of humour, and there was no shortage of that.

#3 Posted by StressedOutCat (239 posts) -

thats is pretty funny!

#4 Posted by washingmachine (102 posts) -

I like it!

#5 Posted by MostlyBearded (191 posts) -

That was pretty great. How long have you been doing stand-up for?

#6 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Funny but honest self-depreciation. Great jokes and some really good delivery, well done.

I'm fortunate enough to be 6ft but I can completely relate with looking a bit younger than your age so that stuff was especially hilarious.

#7 Posted by Kolonel_Kool (327 posts) -

Thanks for all the kind words.

#8 Posted by rambo35 (15 posts) -

HA small

#9 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

Gotta say, you have the delivery of a pro! This is not my kind of humor but you clearly have a knack for it, I would love to see you do something else than making fun of yourself (didn't watch all of it, give me a pointer if you did at some point).

#10 Posted by Kolonel_Kool (327 posts) -

@jozzy: I do relationship material, and alpha males vs beta males towards the end. However, I'm the focal point throughout. I do have different material, but I wanted my demo tape to be a cohesive piece of work.

#11 Posted by bananaz (256 posts) -

Is that really your voice? If you're faking that, it's awesome. If you're not, I am so sorry.

Anyway, you rule.

#12 Posted by Kolonel_Kool (327 posts) -

@bananaz: Hahahaha! It's really my voice.

#13 Posted by SlashDance (1814 posts) -

That was pretty damn funny. Also I can relate. I'm 27 and still can't grow a fucking mustache.

#14 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

That was awesome. If you make a album, let me know so I can buy it. Big fan of the self-hating humor.

#15 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Dude, that was some pretty funny shit. Nicely fucking done.

#16 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@Kolonel_Kool: Sir, you brought tears to my eyes (from the laughter). Don't stop what you're doing and you'll bring joy to the world! Best of luck duder.

#17 Posted by Conformunist (105 posts) -

You're one hell of a comic. I already sent the link my to a few of my buddies. I wish you the best of luck and I hope to see you get the recognition you're clearly earning.

#18 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

Yeah man you're actually really good. Let me just say if I watch a comic and they are bad I give them about 40 seconds but I just watched that whole clip.

#19 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

I don't know if you usually talk about other stuff than about yourself but your material started feeling boring after the first 3 minutes. Keep working on your material you got something good going on here...

#20 Posted by Mackinder (73 posts) -

Oh fuck that was awesome. Love it.

#21 Posted by dudeglove (7775 posts) -

Holy shit, a funny American.

#22 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6297 posts) -

That's damn good dude. I loved the bit about 50 year olds fucking you like the fountain of youth.

#23 Posted by Kolonel_Kool (327 posts) -

@DjCmeP: If you watch most hour long specials, they tend to deliver there material in chunks. Bill Burr is my favourite comedian working right now. He'll focus on a single topic for 7-10 minutes. When I record my first hour long special, what you saw will most likely be my opening chunk.

#24 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1633 posts) -

That's great duder! It's impressive that you're so comfortable in front of a crowd and stuff, but I guess that's just a testament to your skills of a comedian!

#25 Posted by nick_verissimo (1383 posts) -

You've got great material, delivery and you seem to know what will and will not work for you. If you had an album out, I'd buy it instantly.

#26 Edited by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I'm an open mic-er (is that a word?) and I really appreciate how you just slayed that crowd. You're really funny man, and you kind of remind me of an early Adam Sandler in terms of tone and delivery.

#27 Posted by beckley205 (310 posts) -

That was very funny. At times you sort of sound like Gilbert Gottfried.

#28 Posted by Irvandus (2877 posts) -

Wow, you're funny!

#29 Posted by Kolonel_Kool (327 posts) -

@beckley205 said:

That was very funny. At times you sort of sound like Gilbert Gottfried.

It's been suggested.

@buzz_killington said:

I'm an open mic-er (is that a word?) and I really appreciate how you just slayed that crowd. You're really funny man, and you kind of remind me of an early Adam Sandler in terms of tone and delivery.

This however is a first. If I ever end up in Hollywood, I'll try my damnedest to make good film decisions.

#30 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

@Kolonel_Kool: Sandler was actually a pretty good stand up in his day. But yeah, kind of hard to argue with Jack and Jill...

#31 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I laughed my ass off at the beer slap. Perfect moment. Great stuff, you've got talent, sir!

#32 Posted by rentfn (1279 posts) -

that was really funny man. Keep up the good work and posting them!!!

#33 Posted by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -

That was really funny. Good job. Would like to see more.

#34 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

Good stuff, I'm 6'4, a lot of my friends are a little taller than you. We have had many convoys to the effect of this bit. Its almost scary how the whole time I've was thinking, this shit totally happens.

Also, this is much better than that other dude who is training to be in the MMA. But sadly not quite as funny... Meh, you stick to the comedy.

#35 Posted by Kolonel_Kool (327 posts) -

@buzz_killington: I would also argue that Sandler is a completely competent dramatic actor, too. Punch-Drunk Love, Funny People, Spanglish, Reign Over Me, all of which have fantastic performances. His stand-up was too surreal for my tastes, but I can definitely respect his work.

@dudeglove: I am Canadian!

@BigChickenDinner: Such is human nature.

#36 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

Well done! Didn't expect that level of humour and delivery here, for whatever reason. As a dude over 30 who gets carded more often than not; relatable shit! I've also enjoyed the luxury of not getting the short kicked out of me by giant men where applicable.

You ever try a more child-like wardrobe? I'm not talking about cross-eyed, wearing a beanie and slurping a lolly, maybe just a bright colour and ill-fitting pants(?). Not sure how important "costume" is to stand-up these days, with most folks in a straight suit, or just T-shirt and jeans.

Did Carlin prove it was irrelevant? Maybe Eddie Murphy ruined it for everybody?

#37 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

Impressive. Good set all around, even turned that carnival thing on its head by going back at the crowd. Mad pro.

#38 Posted by Kolonel_Kool (327 posts) -

@Damian said:

You ever try a more child-like wardrobe? I'm not talking about cross-eyed, wearing a beanie and slurping a lolly, maybe just a bright colour and ill-fitting pants(?). Not sure how important "costume" is to stand-up these days, with most folks in a straight suit, or just T-shirt and jeans.

Did Carlin prove it was irrelevant? Maybe Eddie Murphy ruined it for everybody?

Probably Howie Mandel. I'm not doing a character in the video. Those are my words, my sense of humour, my thoughts. Well, other than hating tall guys for dating small chicks. In all honesty, I could give a shit. When I'm on stage, I wear clothes that I'd wear off stage. Time to get out of the 80s

#39 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

@Kolonel_Kool:

Awesome! Keep it up!

#40 Posted by Kolonel_Kool (327 posts) -

@LiquidSwords said:

@Kolonel_Kool:

Awesome! Keep it up!

I just dropped to give you twenty!

#41 Posted by pyromagnestir (4302 posts) -

That was funny. As someone who would love to try stand-up but doesn't have the balls to actually get out there and try stand-up, I'm jealous at the level of comfort and control you seem to have up there.

Also I'm trying to figure out what it says about me that my biggest laughs were, in descending order, the dating 16 year olds bit, the "Get down!" bit, and the "Give my kids hope!" bit.

#42 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3149 posts) -

Dude, I remember when you posted your first video here and it was good, but you've gotten a lot better. Keep improving man, you can totally hang with the best of them.

#43 Posted by Ghostiet (5252 posts) -

That bit with the beat-up was golden.

#44 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4421 posts) -

Dude you're pretty fucking good. If you're that good all the time, I would wager you have a bright future ahead of you.

#45 Posted by Tireyo (6412 posts) -

Be sure to give us all an autograph.

#46 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

@Kolonel_Kool: I ain't no comedian, so I'm gonna have to take your word for it: Are you saying that in general stand-up comics don't care about the wardrobe side of showmanship anymore? I can only think of Flight of the Concords and Kristen Schaal as possible counter examples right now. But I'd be surprised to hear so many comedians these days share your attitude about it. It's still show business! I think C.K, Stanhope, Chapelle wearing jeans and a T-shirt is a fine choice. But I assume it's a conscious one made with some care, not just 'cause it was on top of the hamper. I actually thought you wore black-on-black to not distract from your words and facial expressions, which would have been good enough for me. But again, I assumed there was thought.

Say it ain't so! I'm too visual a thinker to live in this nightmare scenario of yours where stage performers don't care what they look like.

#47 Posted by Kolonel_Kool (327 posts) -

@Damian: Comedians still care about the wardrobe side of showmanship, but it's about being themselves and being presentable. Joe Rogan usually wears a long-sleeve t-shirt so his tattoos aren't distracting, but it's also clothing that he's comfortable in and would wear day-to-day. If I'm doing a corporate gig, I may dress myself a bit more formally, but that's more for the occasion. If I were doing a character, I may choose a silly wardrobe, but I'm being myself. To be fair, Flight of the Concords and Kristen Schaal mostly do character work.