My Top 5 Games that Need Sequels

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

I would like to list 5 games that I think need sequels.  I haven’t played some of these games, but I hear a lot of praise towards some of them.  I think you all might like the list! :D

No Caption Provided
5. Chrono Trigger – I think that it’s interesting that an SNES game such as this would release for the DS.  I think that this game needs another sequel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_(series)) because it’s not often that you would see a SNES game released for the DS.  It would be nice to see the sequel to be released on all platforms.  Plus it’s a SNES RPG gem and obviously a very influential game. 

No Caption Provided
4. World of Goo – I like puzzle games, and I never played World of Goo.  The time it takes to complete this game made me shy away from it.  I think that if they added on to the game, or perhaps made a sequel, I might consider getting it.  So, from what I hear and the reception I see from this game, I think that it deserves my number 4 spot.

No Caption Provided
3. Tetrisphere – Tetrisphere is a fun puzzle game that came out for the N64, and it is a nice alternative to Tetris.  The music was really interesting, and it suited the game well.  I’ve spent countless hours playing this game, because it gets addicting.  It actually grows on you when you learn how to play.  I would love to see a sequel to this game.  I wouldn’t mind seeing it for Virtual Console so everyone can know what the game offers.

No Caption Provided
2. Earthbound – Fans everywhere that has had the chance to play this SNES gem has made it clear that this was no ordinary RPG.  This is considered one of the greatest RPG’s ever made, not saying that it is the best.  I think that this game needs to have a sequel, and actually needs to be released for the Virtual Console.  Even though I have never played Earthbound, I think that it deserves to be in my number two spot!

No Caption Provided
1. Mischief Makers – I think that this game definitely needs a sequel.  The mechanics of the game is wonderful, and there is a lot of potential.  This game was really fun for me to play, and I think that it deserves my number 1 spot.  I just hate that it's a little on the short side, but a sequel could revive this back to life.

Well, if any of you can come up with a few games that you think that need sequels, please share what your thoughts.  Thanks for reading and I’m around if there are any questions.  See you all later.

-Ty

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tireyo

I would like to list 5 games that I think need sequels.  I haven’t played some of these games, but I hear a lot of praise towards some of them.  I think you all might like the list! :D

No Caption Provided
5. Chrono Trigger – I think that it’s interesting that an SNES game such as this would release for the DS.  I think that this game needs another sequel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_(series)) because it’s not often that you would see a SNES game released for the DS.  It would be nice to see the sequel to be released on all platforms.  Plus it’s a SNES RPG gem and obviously a very influential game. 

No Caption Provided
4. World of Goo – I like puzzle games, and I never played World of Goo.  The time it takes to complete this game made me shy away from it.  I think that if they added on to the game, or perhaps made a sequel, I might consider getting it.  So, from what I hear and the reception I see from this game, I think that it deserves my number 4 spot.

No Caption Provided
3. Tetrisphere – Tetrisphere is a fun puzzle game that came out for the N64, and it is a nice alternative to Tetris.  The music was really interesting, and it suited the game well.  I’ve spent countless hours playing this game, because it gets addicting.  It actually grows on you when you learn how to play.  I would love to see a sequel to this game.  I wouldn’t mind seeing it for Virtual Console so everyone can know what the game offers.

No Caption Provided
2. Earthbound – Fans everywhere that has had the chance to play this SNES gem has made it clear that this was no ordinary RPG.  This is considered one of the greatest RPG’s ever made, not saying that it is the best.  I think that this game needs to have a sequel, and actually needs to be released for the Virtual Console.  Even though I have never played Earthbound, I think that it deserves to be in my number two spot!

No Caption Provided
1. Mischief Makers – I think that this game definitely needs a sequel.  The mechanics of the game is wonderful, and there is a lot of potential.  This game was really fun for me to play, and I think that it deserves my number 1 spot.  I just hate that it's a little on the short side, but a sequel could revive this back to life.

Well, if any of you can come up with a few games that you think that need sequels, please share what your thoughts.  Thanks for reading and I’m around if there are any questions.  See you all later.

-Ty

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

I respect you, but you didn't include Psi-Ops. Which ultimately makes this list fail.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

Uh...Chrono Cross is the sequel considering it takes place 20 years after CT, and it's also a better game.

My Top 5

-Vagrant Story
-Lair (Needs Second Chance)
-The Bouncer (Needs Second Chance)
-Trusty Bell (Maybe New Cast but Same Style)
-Einhander (Needs a Shoot'em Up with Trance Music)

EDIT - I thought you meant games that don't have sequels but need one.  My bad.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

PSI OPS YES!!!! And, yeah, Chrono Trigger does already have a sequel. But I think everyone can agree that we need another Earthbound.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Um, buy World of Goo. It doesn't last long as a $50 retail title, but uh, it's not a $50 retail title... Every game has a different length anyway.

Chrono Cross is totally not better than Trigger. Very average JRPG that.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24
Al3xand3r said:
"Um, buy World of Goo. It doesn't last long as a $50 retail title, but uh, it's not a $50 retail title... Every game has a different length anyway."
I got it for $5 on Steam. GREAT DEAL
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's worth a lot more. Just saying it's silly to not buy a game because it's not as long as others ,especially when it's cheaper than most. There's always gonna be a game that in theory lasts longer than what you're considering to buy, but is it as fun for the whole duration of that extra time?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By KaosAngel
Al3xand3r said:
"Chrono Cross is totally not better than Trigger. Very average JRPG that."
You're drunk.  CC had more depth in story and far better gameplay.  Considering the original Squaresoft team feels the same way, I'd take a hunch CC is leaps above CT.  Had a cast of over 20 characters which everyone having IN DEPTH back story, more endings than Chrono Trigger, and a battle system that pushed forward the genre...it was perfect.  The musical score was much better too and the length of CC was insane if you played it the first time through.

Plus the "final boss" was one of the most unique fights in the genre that was a pain in the ass if no one told you before hand. 

Serge > Chrono, and plus for Serge because Zidane has almost all his weapons.  :D
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

No, I'm very sober thank you. Chrono Trigger > Chrono Cross. Pushed the genre forward? Funny, I remember it super conventional. It was fun and all, with fresh visuals and charm, but it was very Final Fantasy-fied. The backstories were hardly in-depth and there was like no character development at all, save for one person who was missing for half the game anyway.

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Blueprint12

I think he meant to have Chrono Cross released on DS...that would be totally awesome! :)

I still have yet to play Earthbound, I'll probably get it when it comes out on VC.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

I believe 2 of those games already have sequels. Chrono Cross and Mother 3.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Vinchenzo said:
"I respect you, but you didn't include Psi-Ops. Which ultimately makes this list fail.

"

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Cerza
Al3xand3r said:
"Chrono Cross is totally not better than Trigger. Very average JRPG that."
Hell yes I second that!!! Chrono Cross pales in comparison to its predecessor.

Also, there is a sequel to Earthbound. It was released for the GBA.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tireyo

Vinchenzo: I think I made a good enough list.  Plus, I never even heard of Psi-Ops.

Cerza and Video_Game_King: Earthbound for the SNES had a sequel? What is it called?

KaosAngel: "I think that [Chrono Trigger] needsanother sequel." I know that Chrono Cross is a sequel to Chrono Trigger, but I wouldn't mind seeing another one baised off of Chrono Trigger and not Chrono Cross.  Make any sense? Thanks for contributing, and what you listed is fine. 

Al3xand3r: :D You and Claude have been burning a hole through my forehead trying to get me to buy World of Goo! Lol. :D

Blueprint12: I'm waiting for the time to come!

To All: Chrono Trigger can have another sequel to it.  Take this for example: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker inspired two sequels, which is The Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (TBA 2009).  All 3 are in that particular format of cel-shaded graphics.  Make any sense?  If it doesn't make any sense, I'll change Chrono Trigger to Chrono Cross. : /  Might have to anyway. :D

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By CL60

LOL, anybody who says Chrono Cross is better than Chrono Trigger is a failure.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Claude

I loved Tetrisphere and you know my fondness of World of Goo, but sadly I've never played the other games, so I really can't comment. Speaking of World of Goo "WiiWare", I'm still waiting for the next game of LostWinds to come out. It's been awhile, so let's bring it people.

IVIorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IVIorpheus

Hmm, yes Psi Ops.
Also add The Darkness....

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Cerza

The sequel to Earthbound is Mother 3. Wikipedia says it was never released outside of Japan, but I could have sworn it made it to the United States.  I had the opportunity to buy one of the carts for it about a month ago and passed it up. I sure hope Wikipedia is wrong, because if it's right I am going to be kicking myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised I haven't seen a Shenmue answer yet. Well, that's my answer.

And Mischief Makers was a sweet game.

I'd also like a sequel (or new story) of sorts to Jade Empire.

Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Edgar

Why are you asking for sequels to games you have never played?

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

wasn't Chrono Cross the sequl to Chrono Trigger?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tireyo
Edgar said:
"Why are you asking for sequels to games you have never played? "

Well, from the rumors, facts, and popularity of the games I never played, I think that they deserve sequels because I'm interested in playing the originals.  They seem to be really good games to try out.  I've been looking at how the games are played on Youtube, and they seem to have potential! 
Avatar image for theworstplayerever
TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Here's a couple I would like to see

1. Zone of the Enders (I know they made 2 but 3rd couldn't hurt)
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. Crackdown
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tireyo
TheWorstPlayerEver said:
"

Here's a couple I would like to see

1. Zone of the Enders (I know they made 2 but 3rd couldn't hurt)
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. Crackdown
"

I've heard the music to the Zone of Enders.  Never actually seen the game though.  Might have to now because you mentioned it, and you reminded me on what it's called!
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Dalai

As the official World of Goo spokesperson, I demand you buy World of Goo and just watch the time melt away.

And since systech is the official Earthbound spokesperson, I'll refrain from making any comments about the greatest RPG ever made.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tireyo
Dalai said:
"As the official World of Goo spokesperson, I demand you buy World of Goo and just watch the time melt away.And since systech is the official Earthbound spokesperson, I'll refrain from making any comments about the greatest RPG ever made."
LOL! Another one that wants to burn another hole in my head! :D You're number 3 on the list!
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By Claude