#1 Posted by DaddyCabinet (189 posts) -

Is it just me or does that repel into the canyon using duct tape look pretty fake? I am pretty sure the line attached to Jamie and Adam while they climb down is just a regular rope and harness wrapped in duct tape. I realize it would be insane to do it without a real rope and harness but it's kinda lame that they try to hide it. I don't really get the point of the whole episode besides promoting Nik Wallenda's tightrope walk across the grand canyon. Also why duct tape your life jackets?

#2 Posted by Ironhammer (39 posts) -

This is the beginning of the end for Mythbusters. The show has finally jumped the shark after 10 years as they air their first episode that was entirely faked.

#3 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

Clearly Will and Norm's fault.

#4 Posted by ThunderSlash (1637 posts) -

THANKS WILL AND NORM!

Eggzegutable MY ASS!

#5 Edited by Xymox (2076 posts) -

Wait, shows on TV aimed at popularizing science aren't being totally honest with its viewers?

Why, I never.

#6 Posted by ElixirBronze (424 posts) -

Yeah, it was disappointing, too bad I guess... I've always liked the mythbusters for their transparency and that the experiments they've done has always felt like they're genuine.

#7 Edited by Ihmishylje (409 posts) -

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/duct-tape-canyon-aftershow.htm