Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

In the span of four days, we managed to pull our shit together and get right back on schedule by consistently posting these things inconsistently. But hey, we're putting this up on a Monday and, if it frees up the anguish of editing for the rest of week, I'm all for it. As the name of episode implies, we get ever closer to actually having a thought-provoking discussion about naked cartoons. However, with AjayRaz missing (no doubt due to the insane amount of hentai he's been downloading) it's still a case of "so close, yet so far away"; detailed show notes are in the spoiler tag.

VinceNotVance apathylad Ace829 aurahack Bones8677

Numbers for Episode V: Vince Strikes Back

Episode V downloads: 49 (~43% decrease*)
New subscribers: 2 (95% decrease*)
New site visits: 6 (50% increase*)

*Compared to Episode IV: Reloading Arms over a four-day period

Totals

Episode downloads: 266
Subscribers: 94
Site visits: 35
#1 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

In the span of four days, we managed to pull our shit together and get right back on schedule by consistently posting these things inconsistently. But hey, we're putting this up on a Monday and, if it frees up the anguish of editing for the rest of week, I'm all for it. As the name of episode implies, we get ever closer to actually having a thought-provoking discussion about naked cartoons. However, with AjayRaz missing (no doubt due to the insane amount of hentai he's been downloading) it's still a case of "so close, yet so far away"; detailed show notes are in the spoiler tag.

VinceNotVance apathylad Ace829 aurahack Bones8677

Numbers for Episode V: Vince Strikes Back

Episode V downloads: 49 (~43% decrease*)
New subscribers: 2 (95% decrease*)
New site visits: 6 (50% increase*)

*Compared to Episode IV: Reloading Arms over a four-day period

Totals

Episode downloads: 266
Subscribers: 94
Site visits: 35
#2 Posted by Bones8677 (3214 posts) -

Awesome show, thanks for letting me be a guest, guys. Hope to come back on once you make a significant dent in the guest list. ^_^

#3 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Good work guys. Enjoyed the talk about silent protagonists. You know what I don't get? Why aren't there ever any silent antagonists? You know... like bad guys who say nothing but slaughter millions mercilessly. Okay I guess there are a few.. like Nemesis in Resident Evil Nemesis... I think. But like he's a monster so that's kinda different than say some evil dude like Kefka just doing what Kefka does but without talking at all. That'd be pretty crazy.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

you will never speak about the massive (possible?) hentai downloading i do again. will give it a listen ^^ 

#5 Posted by Yummylee (21302 posts) -
@Symphony:  
Nemesis isn't a mute. The guy won't shut up in fact! STARS this and STARS that; guy has alot on his mind.
#6 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@AjayRaz: thats a really big problem. if you dont buy it nothing new will get made and that would be bad :(
#7 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

GRRRRFCDSLKCMDCL;K Devil Survivor ENRAGES ME....Oh look the new episode is up. thanks Bones for being our guest today. ROAR DEVIL SURVIVOR

@Symphony said:

" Good work guys. Enjoyed the talk about silent protagonists. You know what I don't get? Why aren't there ever any silent antagonists? You know... like bad guys who say nothing but slaughter millions mercilessly. Okay I guess there are a few.. like Nemesis in Resident Evil Nemesis... I think. But like he's a monster so that's kinda different than say some evil dude like Kefka just doing what Kefka does but without talking at all. That'd be pretty crazy. "
*quietly steals your idea*

#8 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @Symphony:  Nemesis isn't a mute. The guy won't shut up in fact! STARS this and STARS that; guy has alot on his mind. "
Oh well there goes my theory then! I demand a silent antagonist!
#9 Posted by Pepsiman (2459 posts) -
@Symphony:  Technically speaking, I'm pretty certain silent antagonists do indeed exist and have for a very long time. I don't remember any of Mario's enemies actually uttering a single word in Super Mario Bros. or the original arcade Donkey Kong, for example.
#10 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@Pepsiman said:
" @Symphony:  Technically speaking, I'm pretty certain silent antagonists do indeed exist and have for a very long time. I don't remember any of Mario's enemies actually uttering a single word in Super Mario Bros. or the original arcade Donkey Kong, for example. "
yeah but NO ONE spoke in those games (cept Toad), so they hardly count!
#11 Posted by Pepsiman (2459 posts) -
@Symphony: Yeah, but I'm still right, semantically speaking, so I still win. :)
#12 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@Pepsiman:  Ha! You lost before we had even begun!
#13 Posted by Pepsiman (2459 posts) -
@Symphony: NOURJUSTTOOJEALOUSANDSCAREDTOADMITIWONSOHA
#14 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Listen again I shall. They're pretty enjoyable so keep it up lads.

#15 Posted by Bones8677 (3214 posts) -
@Pepsiman: 
@Symphony:

Kids, kids...the important thing is that you're both wrong. :-)
#16 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Really enjoyed how this podcast turned out (except for my voice being kinda low at times- that was due to a mixture of issues such as my mic being not as sensitive, my lack of energy from the previous weekend and my weak voice). I think we've come along way since the first episode.

#17 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -
@VinceNotVance: Agreed.
PERSONA 3 PORTABLE
#18 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

Updated with iTunes Store link.