Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

Your tidal wave of blah blah blah.
EDIT: The site's posting functionality continues to lay the hate, so you can get the raw MP3 file here.

Two former community podcasts merge together and try to get back into the podcasting game! I can't really say much for the quality since it's been a while, but we had fun recording this madness and hope you'll have just as much fun listening to it. To give you an idea of how much of a slapdash affair this whole thing was, I simply put out a call a few days ago and had a last-minute assemblage of friends from both The Naked Cartoon Podcast and TL;DL. It had been months (or, in the case of NCP, more than a year) since our previous gathering, and it was nice to finally sit down and vent about video games in the midst of our increasingly busy schedules; if this becomes a regular thing again, that'd be nice. However, as indicated by the title, I only planned for this to be a one-time crossover of podcasting insanity. Once more, I've come to the realization that editing is still an ordeal. That, and Giant Bomb's blogging tools absolutely kicked my ass tonight by deleting every single thing I've written for no good reason;. Seriously, this site NEEDS a save function. Leave a comment and/or feedback if you feel so inclined. It is always, ALWAYS appreciated. :)

There are some glaring omissions this time around--most notably bonbolapti, the host of TL;DL--but here's your starting lineup:  

With guest characters:

Intro song:

Ending song:
#1 Edited by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

Your tidal wave of blah blah blah.
EDIT: The site's posting functionality continues to lay the hate, so you can get the raw MP3 file here.

Two former community podcasts merge together and try to get back into the podcasting game! I can't really say much for the quality since it's been a while, but we had fun recording this madness and hope you'll have just as much fun listening to it. To give you an idea of how much of a slapdash affair this whole thing was, I simply put out a call a few days ago and had a last-minute assemblage of friends from both The Naked Cartoon Podcast and TL;DL. It had been months (or, in the case of NCP, more than a year) since our previous gathering, and it was nice to finally sit down and vent about video games in the midst of our increasingly busy schedules; if this becomes a regular thing again, that'd be nice. However, as indicated by the title, I only planned for this to be a one-time crossover of podcasting insanity. Once more, I've come to the realization that editing is still an ordeal. That, and Giant Bomb's blogging tools absolutely kicked my ass tonight by deleting every single thing I've written for no good reason;. Seriously, this site NEEDS a save function. Leave a comment and/or feedback if you feel so inclined. It is always, ALWAYS appreciated. :)

There are some glaring omissions this time around--most notably bonbolapti, the host of TL;DL--but here's your starting lineup:  

With guest characters:

Intro song:

Ending song:
#2 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

Yeah... the site blog tools are pretty terrible >.> More reason to just make blogs as image files! Well you can't really hyperlink image files in the blog since there's no imagemap code for these (as far as I know)... but whatever!

Anyways, I'll hafta give this a listen tonight. I hear Apathy called out JRPGs or something.

#3 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

That podcast name is amazing.

#4 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

It was either a great idea or a terrible idea to let tiwi speak... ah who am I kidding, tiwi is boss! Great podcast people, we need to do more of them!

#5 Posted by aurahack (2265 posts) -

@PixelPrinny: I think we just all called out Square Enix. :T

#6 Edited by Tiwi (1401 posts) -

I feel great about chocking up in the intro... Total professionalism. It was as if the words I were reading weren't making sense to me...

#7 Edited by Sinclose (90 posts) -

That was a fun, lengthy listen. You guys seemed to have fun talking and it transfers over to the audience. Although I did confused vidiot and apathy's voices a few times >.>

On a slightly unrelated note, yeah, the blog tools SUCK. And this is coming from someone who has only ever created one blog post. Giantbomb really needs to allow users to create unpublished drafts of their posts. Especially with that annoying 'undo' bug which basically erases all of your blog post until you use the redo keyboard shortcut. It's extremely annoying, not to mention the broken thumbnails system.

Besides that, it is a bit jarring when audio abruptly cuts whenever someone ceases to speak in certain portions of the podcast, but that's not much of a big deal and as you said, editing is a frustrating task.

But yeah, this turned out to be an entertaining 2 hours, twas well worth the effort to get it done ^^ Wonder how it'll turn out if this becomes a regular event, but only time will tell if that becomes even possible.

And yeah, that is a weird podcast name...

#8 Posted by bonbolapti (1599 posts) -

AUGH GODDAMNIT, WHY WAS I NOT THERE?

*listening in*

#9 Edited by Video_Game_King (36068 posts) -

@PixelPrinny said:

Yeah... the site blog tools are pretty terrible >.> More reason to just make blogs as image files!

....What? That seems like the opposite of solving the problem. (Also, I imagine you could get imagemapping to work if you clicked on the Code button and fucked around with the HTML.)

#10 Posted by Sinclose (90 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Not all of the HTML tags work, even when you switch to 'HTML mode'. I tried messing around with a fair share of them, and things like 'sub' and some formatting HTML tags simply refuse to work, for whatever reason.

#11 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

My off-hand, kinda half-hearted joke about the Persona 4 fighting game's title made it into the podcast! I'm excited!

Good work everyone! Love!

#12 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

it was fun listening in to this. thank you for letting me~!

#13 Posted by bonbolapti (1599 posts) -

dug it, I miss it, I'll try to get onto the next one.

#14 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Yeah, the blog tools are the reason I always type up my work in a MS Word and then copy/paste it over. It's easier that way for me. I had fun recording this, and I'd be willing to record and host again if it came down to it.

#15 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@PixelPrinny said:

Yeah... the site blog tools are pretty terrible >.> More reason to just make blogs as image files!

....What? That seems like the opposite of solving the problem. (Also, I imagine you could get imagemapping to work if you clicked on the Code button and fucked around with the HTML.)

Considering solving the problem is out of my hands, making blogs as image files isn't really the opposite of solving it.

Imagemapping miiiight work, I'll hafta try, though my hopes aren't high; that code option is super limited from what I've seen so far. You can't even manually align images with it D:

#16 Posted by Sinclose (90 posts) -

@PixelPrinny said:

Imagemapping miiiight work, I'll hafta try, though my hopes aren't high; that code option is super limited from what I've seen so far. You can't even manually align images with it D:

Aligning images is one thing, but you can't even Modify. Text. What the hell. It's pointless trying to shrink it with the 'sub' HTML tag, for example. Almost every tag which isn't included in the blog tools that I've tried so far has failed, it's like the 'code version' of posting acts more like a tweaking method rather than really using commands not envisaged by the blog tools. But still, it'll be pretty cool if imagemapping turns out to work. *fingers crossed*

#17 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
@Sinclose said:

That was a fun, lengthy listen. You guys seemed to have fun talking and it transfers over to the audience. Although I did confused vidiot and apathy's voices a few times >.>

This is the most depressing thing I've ever read.
#18 Posted by aurahack (2265 posts) -

@AjayRaz: VENT SQUATTER

#19 Posted by Chemin (632 posts) -

Awesome listen, guys. Keep it up.