• 99 results
#1 Edited by falserelic (5412 posts) -

I'm in the mood to hear what music caused a negative reaction to people. Recently I just got through watching a vid that Soulja Boy made awhile back. Now I don't know what possessed him to make this song. If anyone disses the military nothing good will come out of it. Its not surprising that people got upset after Soulja Boy released this vid. Hell even people in the military got pissed off at him, some of them even made diss vids about him. Things got so heated with Soulja Boy. That he ended up making an apology to the troops.

But anyway what song have you heard that cause people to get upset?

#2 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

Nudity on album covers get people upset, I guess.

#3 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Well, you could say that the East Coast got pretty incensed about this little ditty

I mean the whole East Coast vs West Coast war really escalated after this. Personally, I adore it. The beat and hook are classic and everybody's on their A-game with Pac rapping with such ferocity and pure rage that it's palatable. It's a shame that it is probably a contributor to his fatal shooting. :(

#4 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@TeflonBilly: Yeah that song cause alot of hatred. I remember the east coast and west coast feud. People really went nuts after this vid.

#5 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

just about anything by marylin manson after colombine. i remeber listening to him back in early 98 and my family didnt give two shits. after colombine everybody flipped their shit.

#6 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -
#7 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@Jams: Watching Ice T playing Rock music, and seeing his bodyguard pushing people from getting on stage was funny.

#8 Posted by Spankmealotus (283 posts) -

I'm pretty sure you could link any Soulja Boy song and it would apply. To answer the question with something different. Garth Brooks "The Thunder Rolls"  was banned from TNN and pulled from CMT quickly after it was released due to the subject matter of domestic violence.

#9 Posted by Vonocourt (2125 posts) -
#10 Posted by Zacagawea (1589 posts) -

My English teacher in 6th grade taught me a song:

a lot is not one word

hey hey hey hey

a lot is not one word

hey hey hey hey

I thought I should share it with you.

#11 Posted by Catarrhal (826 posts) -

"Cop Killer" is probably the only song that actually pissed off the President. Quite a distinction.

#12 Posted by Peety (21 posts) -
#13 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

wow....nobody said fuck the police yet....I'm dissapointed.

#14 Edited by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@Peety said:

By a mile.

Your right this song pissed people off worldwide. But in the end this song did grew on people. A few times I got annoyed when this song was on. WE KNOW THE GAME AND WERE GONNA PLAY IT!

#15 Posted by Philantrophy (354 posts) -
#16 Posted by camp7203 (121 posts) -

Eddie Murphy's  "Party all the Time" comes to mind.

#17 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@camp7203 said:

Eddie Murphy's "Party all the Time" comes to mind.

It was very odd seeing Eddie Murphy doing a music video. I LMAO watching it.

#18 Posted by JacDG (2119 posts) -

Basically any early song by Eminem.

#19 Posted by Franstone (1110 posts) -

Basically anything from Two Live Crew back in the day.

Think they help jump-start the whole Parental Advisory labeling.

#20 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@Franstone said:

Basically anything from Two Live Crew back in the day.

Think they help jump-start the whole Parental Advisory labeling.

LOL! 2 live crew pissed off alot of females, but I enjoyed there music. Still this vid right here was funny.

#21 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

Are we talking just in general, or semi-recently? Because I think both Elvis and the Beatles are partly responsible for the complete social upheaval during the 60's and 70's. I'm not really a fan of either, but I recognize that they were completely against the status-quot and subsequently became very influential for the generation that grew up with them. Elvis for blatantly sexualizing musical performance at the time in the eyes of the the "establishment" of the then extremely conservative and sugar-coated Eisenhower-Americana. The Beatles for writing songs that were completely out of leftfield as far as expressing one's self outside of what was considered the norms of conformity. Both of them were seen as being groups of complete social deviants that were destroying the then accepted way of life in America and the UK.

By today's standards, it seems pretty tame. But at the time, the Boomer generation where seen as the scourge of society by their parents, generally speaking. God-damn-commie-pinko-bastard-hippehs!

Just my opinion.

#22 Posted by mosespippy (4112 posts) -

Gotta get down on Friday!

#23 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -
#24 Edited by falserelic (5412 posts) -

Another song I know that got hate is this...

People felt like she looked extremely slutty, and alot of her fans lost respect for her after she made this vid.

#25 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@TeflonBilly: That song is hilarious.

#26 Posted by Harkat (1101 posts) -

Smack My Bitch Up

#27 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@Harkat said:

Smack My Bitch Up

I just got through watching the whole vid of that song, and I see why it got banned from mtv. I was going to post it on this thread, but I'm worried that I might get suspended. But In general that whole vid was setup so weird.

#28 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

If anyone actually watches the mtv show Teen Mom. I'm sure your going to recognize the women that's singing this song.

Its Farrah from Teen Mom. She decided to make a song and try to start a singing career. But this song is already considered to be worse then Rebecca Black's Friday song. After torturing myself from listening to it I understand why people hate it. I don't know what was going through Farrah's head when she made this song.

#29 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

I know there are a lot of songs out there that piss people off but how about a Nickelback song?  I really dont feel like searching them up because I dont want to listen to it.....  Could someone take the bullet for me?

#30 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

I know there are a lot of songs out there that piss people off but how about a Nickelback song? I really dont feel like searching them up because I dont want to listen to it..... Could someone take the bullet for me?

I'll jump off the roof with no parachute and take the hit for you.

#31 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Hands down.

Edit: The KKK song is actually kind of catchy...

#32 Posted by huntad (1931 posts) -

@falserelic: Holy...my ears!

#33 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Thinking about it how come you hate Nickelback? I've never heard of him but I heard that song before.

#34 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@falserelic: Thank you sir!  You did your countrymen proud.  I just cant stand Chad Krugers voice, the subject matter of the songs and the overall sound.  
#35 Posted by TheHT (11132 posts) -

@falserelic said:

If anyone actually watches the mtv show Teen Mom. I'm sure your going to recognize the women that's singing this song.

Its Farrah from Teen Mom. She decided to make a song and try to start a singing career. But this song is already considered to be worse then Rebecca Black's Friday song. After torturing myself from listening to it I understand why people hate it. I don't know what was going through Farrah's head when she made this song.

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

#36 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -
#37 Posted by TheKing (828 posts) -

@falserelic: Holy shit! That has to be fake, right?

#38 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@TheKing said:

@falserelic: Holy shit! That has to be fake, right?

That Farrah's song? I'm sorry to say but that's all real.

#39 Edited by SecondPersonShooter (616 posts) -

This song came out last year, and pissed a lot of people off because it was Rihanna and Chris Brown collaborating after they had gone through all of that controversy, you know, with Chris Brown beating the fuck out of her and all that.

And this song is a basic public admission that they've continued to fuck each other since that incident, so you could see why it would make people angry. It basically confirms that not just Chris Brown is a bad person, but Rihanna is far from someone people should consider a role model

But goddamn is the song catchy

#40 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1020 posts) -

"she went to sucking my asshole. it felt so great. I farted in her mouth and made her cheeks inflate"

#41 Posted by shishkebab09 (100 posts) -
#42 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@ItBeStefYo: Lmao! that song is pure sexism. LOL! She couldn't take this dick, had me laughing alot.

#43 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@SecondPersonShooter said:

This song came out last year, and pissed a lot of people off because it was Rihanna and Chris Brown collaborating after they had gone through all of that controversy, you know, with Chris Brown beating the fuck out of her and all that.

And this song is a basic public admission that they've continued to fuck each other since that incident, so you could see why it would make people angry. It basically confirms that not just Chris Brown is a bad person, but Rihanna is far from someone people should consider a role model

Despite popular opinion, I do not victim blame, but I am gonna do nothing but laugh my ass off when Ike and Tina 2.0 here implode again, but this time Chris Brown chokes Rihanna so hard he ruins her vocal cords and by proxy her singing career and then his own career when Team Breezy will be his cell mates in federal pound me in the ass prison taking turns with him.

They're both trashy people and it saddens me that they're actually portrayed as role models.

I know, haters gonna hate...

#44 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@SecondPersonShooter said:

It is pretty catchy but I understand why people got mad.

#45 Posted by abbeyroad992 (15 posts) -
#46 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@abbeyroad992: That girl nikki sounds like a FREAK! Prince must of had his work cut out for him. I want to meet nikki.

#47 Edited by TobbRobb (4596 posts) -

I try and stay away from people and news of people that get offended by music. But I'd lie if idiotic shit like this didn't offend me a bit.

THERE IS NOTHING REDEEMING ABOUT THIS.

NOTHING.

#48 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -

Soulja Boy is Snoop Dogg's nephew but I highly doubt that's how he got famous. I'm confident he got a record deal strictly on his own merits and obvious talent.

#49 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@falserelic said:

@Peety said:

By a mile.

Your right this song pissed people off worldwide. But in the end this song did grew on people. A few times I got annoyed when this song was on. WE KNOW THE GAME AND WERE GONNA PLAY IT!

I never got annoyed with that song, not even when it, for some reason, became overused as a terrible joke. It's fucking catchy! 
#50 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

Soulja Boy is Snoop Dogg's nephew but I highly doubt that's how he got famous. I'm confident he got a record deal strictly on his own merits and obvious talent.

I didn't know soulja boy was snoop dogg's nephew that's surprising. For some reason now I'm thinking of Soulja Boy's Gucci Bandanna song.