#1 Posted by spudtastic (542 posts) -

I'm not talking your fave fantasy brand here.What are ya runnin' in  the pantry RIGHT NOW? I'm stocked heavily with a case of Maruchan Beef, which I find to be the heartiest of the lot. I' like the spicy shrimp, too, but can't quaff that all the time.

#2 Posted by Paulio131 (25 posts) -

I find that chicken has the best flavor, however beef is always good.

#3 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

The standard chicken just kind of smells like urine to me especially after a stint of being rather broke and that's all we ate for a while.

With those days over, I'd have to say the beef is probably my favorite, but I stumbled across this lime shrimp flavor once. That was pretty tasty.

#4 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Always.
#5 Posted by Osaladin (2514 posts) -

Maruchan Beef and Roasted Chicken.

#6 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -

Do you guys sip the soup out of the cup after you ate the noodles? 'coz I don't do that and think it would be disgusting, and i wonder if it's something people do. I just pour it down the sink when i'm done.

#7 Posted by Dalai (6972 posts) -
@Bib said:
"

Do you guys sip the soup out of the cup after you ate the noodles? 'coz I don't do that and think it would be disgusting, and i wonder if it's something people do. I just pour it down the sink when i'm done.

"
We all do that. What you do is weird.
#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10261 posts) -

Mr. Noodles usually.  

@Bib said:

"

"

Yeah that soup is awful, it's just salt. Might as well toss it. 
#9 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -
@Dalai:

OH NO MY DARKEST WORRIES HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED

For reals though?

#10 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Anything besides this isn't worth eating.
Indomie FTW!

#11 Edited by Stewker (9 posts) -

De-LISSSH!
And yes, I drink the soup. I'm poor, or at the least I put off shopping until the last morsel of food is gone from my house; I need all the calories I can get.
#12 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1864 posts) -

thanks a lot guys, you're making me hungry, and there's no food around! >_<
anyways....

#13 Posted by lokilaufey (241 posts) -

I go for Maruchan Spicy Beef, Spicy Chicken, Spicy Shrimp, and Spicy Lime Chili Chicken Cup Noodles. 

I like the cup noodles because I can smoosh the sides of the styrofoam to break up the noodles, dump that into a bowl much bigger than the cup and add water to that. This cuts down on the salty flavor quite a bit, and I can add more vegetables so it's not just a little bit of noodles. I like to add things like mixed vegetables, mushrooms, edamame, and surimi. Sometimes I put hot sriracha sauce in it. 

If I'm actually cooking a block of noodles on the stove, sometimes I like to crack a whole egg in so it's poached into the soup. Good stuff.

#14 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

Maruchan beef is the best of the best and I eat it all the time.

#15 Posted by Fallen189 (4931 posts) -

I get this seafood curry one from an asian supermarket near me. It's lush.

#16 Posted by SavageM2 (164 posts) -

Maruchan hot & spicy chicken instant lunch. I could go for some right now actually. 

#17 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Starop-ramen. A beer (Lager) from the Czech Republic. ; )
#18 Posted by spudtastic (542 posts) -
@Bib said:
"

"
RE: i usually discard the leftover broth, cuz it has like a kilo of sodium in it, but today I polished the remainder off. Good question!
#19 Posted by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -

My ramen is named Michael Ian Snack.

#20 Posted by Tairoku (62 posts) -

Maruchan is total shit. I go into Chinatown to buy Ramen. So good.

#21 Posted by spudtastic (542 posts) -

I sometimes float some lunchmeat or a piece of cheese over the top, but of course that trashes the economy aspect of the dish.

#22 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

I shall call him Charles.

#23 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I pretty well stick with "Sapporo Ichi Ban" It says number one right in the product name.

#24 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -

I got a taste for these when I lived in New Zealand. I've been importing them from Indonesia ever sense. I wish there was an asian market around here with them... it would make this a whole lot easier (But they're still like 50c a piece.)

#25 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

Not sure if this counts but I got some barbecue beef Super Noodles right now.

#26 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Fuck...I'm gonna go make some noodles now. 

Also anything that's over-the-top spicy and has beef in it is an automatic "FUCK YEAH SON!" in my book.

#27 Posted by Downandout (290 posts) -
@Gamer_152: Pshh Barbecue beef, Bacon Super Noodles are where it's at.
#28 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -
@Downandout: Believe me, I'd have more flavours but the store near me only sells barbecue beef.
#29 Posted by Downandout (290 posts) -
@Gamer_152: Same here tbh, there's only like 1 shop that does bacon the rest just do beef and chicken -.-
#30 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

It's the only brand that I enjoy the taste of. Raw or cooked.

#31 Posted by kelbear (496 posts) -

Shin Ramyun all the way. 

#32 Posted by buzz_clik (6890 posts) -

I always always have at least one cup of Suimin Chicken & Prawn noodles in my cupboard - it's an awesome pick-me-up after a big night/weekend.