• 123 results
#51 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

To try and not spoil anything "that" part in Persona 4 with Nanako is more emotionally gripping than anything from Clementine.

#52 Posted by granderojo (1793 posts) -

Man you guys are going to get me to play Persona 4 aren't you. Fuck man. It's been years.

#53 Posted by PistolPackinPoet (211 posts) -

Nanako because her character isn't really a plot device. Although Clementine is voice acted better than Nanako, Clementine sort of limits Lee's character. You will feel grief for making the decisions that Clementine will object to, but not in the same degree in what goes on with Nanako's character. You will feel emotionally attached to both characters due the situations each game places you in, but the hardships that Nanako goes through is extremely realistic and hits home to people with similar issues.

#54 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

Ugh. This is the worst question ever. They're both great, and in both games those "moments" with them are completely heartbreaking. So I don't know.

#55 Edited by Atwa (642 posts) -

Really? is this even a comparison? Nanako is not close to being as developed as Clementine. The Walking Dead is pretty much based around her.

#56 Posted by Animasta (14731 posts) -

Clementine was good but she is just a walking plot device at times. Nanako is a little, but not nearly as much.

that hospital scene trumped anything in the walking dead

#57 Posted by mwng (956 posts) -
#58 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Clementine.

But on a serious note, how did you NOT make this a poll?

#59 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -

@Sweep said:

I'm cool if y'all prefer Nanako. Just means I don't have to share Clem with any of you.

I don't think that came out the right way.

#60 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3251 posts) -

Clementine.

#61 Posted by UitDeToekomst (750 posts) -

i've never had an affinity for an child character in any video game that I can recall. To answer the question at hand of "Who is better?" I would go with Nanako by a country mile.

#62 Posted by Soren (274 posts) -

@Animasta said:

If only it weren't undermined by what happened immediately thereafter!

anyway clem sounds less like a 40 year old woman affecting a childish lisp but dojima's character doesn't really work without nanako and that dude is boss so

#63 Edited by Ersanven (90 posts) -

Clementine, despite my obvious bias. Nanako never shot a zombie in the face.

#64 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

The devs try really, really hard to make you like Nanako/Clems in their respective games.  Thankfully, it worked for me. I consider them to be pretty much the only sufferable child characters in gaming. 

Nanako still wins hands-down for me. She was my favorite character in P4. TV-lands, animu stereotypes and talking bear costumes or not -- P4's setting leaves a lot of room for very relateable characters, and Nanako's pretty much the best example of it. Latchkey kid wins!  Maybe things would be different in P4G (I don't like the different way they portrayed her in the anime, and I haven't played P4G).

#65 Posted by MiniPato (2752 posts) -

@Ersanven said:

Psh, that's not her fault though. More a matter of environment than anything else. Put her in a zombie apocalypse and I'll teach her how to shoot a gun!

#66 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@MiniPato said:

@Ersanven said:

Psh, that's not her fault though. More a matter of environment than anything else. Put her in a zombie apocalypse and I'll teach her how to shoot a gun!

Word. Nanako pretty much already takes care of herself. She'd be chopping of Zombie heads in no time!

@Soren said:

@Animasta said:

oh man don't make me switch my vote
#67 Posted by Animasta (14731 posts) -

@Soren said:

@Animasta said:

anyway clem sounds less like a 40 year old woman affecting a childish lisp but dojima's character doesn't really work without nanako and that dude is boss so

it was only underminded if you get all of the answers right in the following section though.

Still more impactful at the time

#68 Posted by Pr1mus (3956 posts) -

Nanako

#69 Posted by Soren (274 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

oh man don't make me switch my vote

I mean, yeah, it's pretty egregious!

@Animasta said:

it was only underminded if you get all of the answers right in the following section though.

ahaha yeah p4 really does have a terrible endgame

#70 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I tried to call Child Protective Services, but for whatever reason, this came up:

So I guess Nanako?

#71 Posted by huser (1106 posts) -

I'd say Nanako. Losing one's parents is obviously a terrible tragedy, moreso given the events of the Walking Dead, but having it done by way of zombie apocalypse doesn't have the same emotional oomph. Nanako is living in the waking hell of somehow losing both parents while still having one around, and I guess the trials of a latchkey kid (ie something that is an actual thing) is just more resonant even if both girls have had their childhoods taken from them.

#72 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Soren said:

@Animasta said:

ahaha yeah p4 really does have a terrible endgame

#73 Posted by Indiana_Jenkins (399 posts) -

Arrrgh!

I...

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE.

(Nanako)

No wait.

(Clementine)

I now know how a mother feels. I can't pick. I like (love) them for different reasons.

#74 Posted by Soren (274 posts) -

@mutha3: Man, really? I... need to look into this.

#75 Posted by Nightriff (5367 posts) -

Nanoko, easy decision

#76 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1205 posts) -
#77 Posted by kishinfoulux (2531 posts) -

I honestly thought about making this topic. It's closer then most would think honestly. Clem is adorable, but Nanako is such a little sweet heart. I CAN'T CHOOSE!!!

#78 Posted by OmegaChosen (647 posts) -

Nanako.

#79 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

I disliked Clem. I never got attached to her at all and couldn't tolerate her for the first half of the series. Eventually I learned to tolerate her, but I never liked her as a character. Not sure if it was the way they made her that just didn't jive with me, or if it's my natural dislike of children that made me unable to care.

#80 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -

I'd say Nanako.

#81 Posted by Slurpelve (620 posts) -

Nanako, come on that face!

#82 Posted by DonChipotle (2858 posts) -

I never had to boost up my expression to talk to Clem so she wins.

I WANTED TO TALK TO YOU, NANAKO. I ain't got time to translate or read when I can be getting it on with nurses, dammit.

#83 Posted by Lazlow (122 posts) -

Aw come on Clem hands down!

#84 Posted by Sterling (2715 posts) -

Nanko. Big Bro!! The fridge is full, I went shopping today!

#85 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4988 posts) -

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE, DAMMIT!

#86 Posted by Milkman (17351 posts) -

We've had this thread before and it's Clementine.

#87 Posted by DystopiaX (5364 posts) -

Nanako no contest

#88 Posted by laserbolts (5372 posts) -

Nanako is super annoying so id have to go with Clementine.

#89 Posted by Lelcar (809 posts) -

Choosing between the two is an asshole choice, but Clementine is better. I still love you Nanako, like my second favourite child!

#90 Posted by Milkman (17351 posts) -

@Animasta said:

And then they totally fucking cop out.

#91 Posted by Tobiass (148 posts) -

I don't play japanese games.

So, Clem.

Don't even know who this nanako guy is

#92 Posted by Skytylz (4039 posts) -

I love them both a non-creepy way, but its gotta be Clem for me. I was going to cry if I couldn't rescue her. When things went a foul for Nanako I was just pissed at whoever did it.

#93 Posted by Animasta (14731 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@Animasta said:

And then they totally fucking cop out.

regardless, still more impactful.

the fridge looks the same as ever inside...

#94 Posted by dungbootle (2428 posts) -

Don't make me choose between those two little angels.

#95 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

Nanako is a well thought out character. Clementine is nothing more than a plot device.

#96 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2059 posts) -

Nanako of course.

#97 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

Clem easy.

nanako was annoying as shit.

#98 Posted by super2j (1799 posts) -

I have been watching non stop endurance run these last few weeks (shout out to ) and even with all that, the the three episodes i spent with Clementine is all I needed/

#99 Posted by Iodine (550 posts) -

HEY BIG BRO

#100 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

Platypus t-shirt!