theuselessgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 2

Edited By theuselessgod
No Caption Provided

Readers, one and all! It's time for something new!

If you've been following my blog ( http://nathanvsvideogames.com ) or reading my reviews on Giant Bomb, you'll know I'm on a quest to review every game I've ever played. You'll also notice the reviews have slowed down substantially over the past couple of months.

But fear not! For we have a new feature in the works. One that will be helpful for you retro collectors, and for me, who owns way to many games and now is trying to review them.

It's our new focus of the blog: Nathan vs His Game Collection.

What is this, you ask? Well, it's me going, in alphabetical order, through every single game in my library, starting with my NES games and moving on to more modern systems. These are just games I currently own, so no old crap I haven't played in twenty years. The reasoning for this is two part:

- To let other collectors know which games have still held up, or maybe find some new awesome games you've never heard of and can pick up for your collection.

- So I'll finally play through all these damn games I buy.

The review format will be a little different, too. These reviews will be a lot shorter, and also there will be no review score. Don't need none of that nonsense! Instead, I'll be focusing, in brief, on background of the game, my first impressions, my impressions as I go deeper into the game, and my final conclusion on the game's quality and nostalgia factor. Hopefully, this'll help you to find some cool new games (or feel vindicated when I love your classic), avoid some garbage (which I didn't), and have a good read out of it as well!

I will be cross-posting these between my review blog and Giant Bomb's user blog. The current goal is 2-5 reviews a day (yeah, I'm nuts) so I can quickly burn through my NES collection. I will also replay every game before I review it, though not necessarily to completion. There's no way I'm going to beat Dragon Quest IV again in one night. But, again, I'll play a game enough to get the feel for it and give a fair assessment.

This is also a more personal, opinionated approach than my reviews have been (though that isn't to say my reviews aren't full of me having an opinion. See the Fable IIIrage review), but these will be more casual. Also, I will be re-reviewing games I've reviewed before in this old format. Get used to it.

As just an intro post, this isn't very exciting. But see the first bit on my grand new adventure into playing games I bought with never any real intent to play starting tonight! See you there!

Traegan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I just decided to dedicate some time to blog about the games I played in the last few years. Your mission sounds much more difficult. Good luck!