Canada had it first!!!

SpeedNut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By SpeedNut

Since my surround setup is in the basement, I may have to finally splurge for a second PS3.  I'm sure the wife will be very pleased with that idea...

RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By RankRabbit
@DAFTPUNK said:
" if you have ps plus do you still pay for the monthly free "
yes, netflix is completely separate  and you can do more with it than just watch on your PS3
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Sweet.

Xiemos2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Xiemos2

Good stuff, took long enough!

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Druminator

Finally. My PS3 starts humming real loud after using the disc for too long. Plus no more getting off my ass to watch a movie :)

Pepeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pepeman

Maybe in the future we will get Netflix in europe..I mean, don't studios/netlfix want to broaden the audience and get more money? 

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MrKlorox

Fuckin finally. Do you know if it will work with Remote Play on PSP? The disc version did not.

edit: also PS3 gets 5.1 first and not PC? What's up with that?

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By UncleBenny
@Pepeman said:

"Maybe in the future we will get Netflix in europe..I mean, don't studios/netlfix want to broaden the audience and get more money?  "

I'm just surprised that no other company has done what Netflix is doing in other countries, this plan is a god damn godmine, but everyone else outside of US (and now Canada) has to stew and simmer in frustration looking at what Americans get to enjoy. Seriously, if Spotify can start outside of the US and gain success and notoriety, why couldn't a european movie streaming company focusing in their native country?

Does a native app mean that I won't have to go back to XMB every time I back out of a movie? sweet. 

WAIT, THIS MEANS I CAN FINALLY CANCEL MY XBOX GOLD ACCOUNT! MONEY IN POCKET? CHECK!
strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#60  Edited By strangeling

I hope I like the new interface.  I really liked the old ( current ) one.  I preferred it to the 360 and Wii interfaces.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By JCGamer

Interesting. I just got my PS3 disk in the mail yesterday. Guess I won't need that sucka anyways.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Doctorchimp

1080p video huh? 

I doubt that it will be that exact resolution, but it's nice that the HD quality is getting boosted, besides I usually use my PS3 as the default netflix player anyway.

Fucking A I love Netflix.

Br26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Br26

looks waaaaaay better than the PS3 disc already.

enemymouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#64  Edited By enemymouse

it's pretty good. The categorization needs improvement. Need to be able to browse all in an intermediate category rather than spelunking into each sub category every time.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TwoOneFive

awesome i always find the disc laying somewhere.  

annd 360s streaming sucks. ps3 netflix always loads faster and looks better for me. i dont know why. and with them saying it will get even better is awesome. 

lavorini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lavorini

Now Netflix just needs to go international, even  though i predict it will take awhile.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Afroman269 said:
" @Nadafinga
@Raymayne said:
" Lame. "
um, why?
Because cool kids like to hate. I may finally switch to using the PS3 over 360 if it's the only thing that offers Dolby Surround and 1080i at the moment. "
Both consoles support Dolby 5.1/7.1 but PS3 can do DTS-MA and other PCM non compressed audio formats with both consoles support up to 1080p.  Very few games run at 1080p proper anyway, so you're never going to notice it anywhere but your dashboard or XMB, for the most part.  For streaming video like Netflix stuff, the bitrates are so low (lower than DVD) that even the highest of resolutions won't help them and besides that most all Netflix content is 720p and stereo or really awfully compressed 5.1.  If resolution and audio quality matter to you watch bluray or make your own h264 rips of them.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By Afroman269
@SeriouslyNow: I'm aware of the bitrates. When it comes to good movies I'll always go bluray, but I can settle for streaming sometimes because it's easier than me going out to rent it or waiting for the disc to arrive.
strayconfusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By strayconfusion

Guess that means I have a free Netflix frisbee now.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Afroman269:  Yeah I can understand that.  Convenience will often win over quality for me too.
McSmunions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By McSmunions

how did the discs work? just a one time use? i never needed to get one because of the 360 but was always curious. but this native app sounds cool anyways.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TwoOneFive

holy shit this thing works FAST

its literally like 1 SECOND load time and it looks hd instantly. i've been watching lots of documentaries. and i think i'll check out the one you suggested Brad, sounds like a crazy ass little movie. maybe some guys on here are obsessed with the GB crew lol

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TwoOneFive
@McSmunions said:

" how did the discs work? just a one time use? i never needed to get one because of the 360 but was always curious. but this native app sounds cool anyways. "

you would pop the disc in every time, and it would show up like a game on your ps3 sort of. and then you would launch the netflix. it wasnt a pain in the ass or anything, but just felt unnecessary. i used it because for a while i didnt have a xbl since nothing new was out

@SeriouslyNow

said:

" @Afroman269 said:

" @Nadafinga

@Raymayne said:
" Lame. "
um, why?
Because cool kids like to hate. I may finally switch to using the PS3 over 360 if it's the only thing that offers Dolby Surround and 1080i at the moment. "
Both consoles support Dolby 5.1/7.1 but PS3 can do DTS-MA and other PCM non compressed audio formats with both consoles support up to 1080p.  Very few games run at 1080p proper anyway, so you're never going to notice it anywhere but your dashboard or XMB, for the most part.  For streaming video like Netflix stuff, the bitrates are so low (lower than DVD) that even the highest of resolutions won't help them and besides that most all Netflix content is 720p and stereo or really awfully compressed 5.1.  If resolution and audio quality matter to you watch bluray or make your own h264 rips of them. "
seriously, 360 fanboy rant?

360 does NOT do 1080p, and 5.1 surround sound on Netflix. sorry, but you are totally wrong. 
And I've been using it, and it sounds and looks just as good as FIOS HD. That's as great as anyone could hope for. its obviously not BD quality. 
I've tested the new PS3 app and the 360 app today and I have to say that the PS3 version loads way faster, and never misses a beat the whole viewing, whereas it loads much longer and i get the occasional hiccup during a viewing on 360.
smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By smitty86

this update makes the disk based netflix look like a joke. movies load up in a sec and all are in amazing quality. even the previous shitty ass starz pick movies look great.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@TwoOneFive:   Oh, I didn't know that Netflix needlessly disabled 1080p and 5.1 on the 360.  That's sad.  I was talking in general terms.  No, I'm not a fanboy of either console.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TwoOneFive
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @TwoOneFive:   Oh, I didn't know that Netflix needlessly disabled 1080p and 5.1 on the 360.  That's sad.  I was talking in general terms.  No, I'm not a fanboy of either console. "
lol ok. yeah it didnt disable it needless, the ap it has just wasnt capable of it before. the problem was probably on netflix's end. they've obviously improved their technology to stream movies better and it just so happens ps3 got it first. it wont be long before 360 gets the upgrade. but for now, ps3 is definitely the best way to stream netflix.
mikeb901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mikeb901

I installed the app the other day.  This makes netflix so much easier.