NBA 2009 Playoffs

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By suneku

NBA playoffs start today. Who's excited? even though it's only the first round. I know I am... I'm way more into the NBA playoffs then March Madness. So what are your predictions for the first round? Bulls vs Celtics coming up soon, go Bulls! I smell first round upset here already.

Eastern Conference Finals                      Western Conference Finals

(1) Cleveland (66-16)                                                          (1) Los Angeles (65-17)
vs                                                                                                             vs

(3) Orlando (59-23)                                                             (2) Denver (54-28)

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

my favorite team is the warriors, but they didnt make it, and my other fav team is the 76ers but there is no way they will beat the magic, unless there is another "warriors vs mavericks" kind of series again, so i am pulling for the spurs to win

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EvilTwin

I just came in here to laugh at BoG, and now I'm leaving. (Go Bulls!)

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoG

Oh man, I am totally embarassed.

Anyways, I'm glad you're hoping for a first round upset for your team, because I'm not. The Jazz absolutely love to let Kobe Bryant walk all over them. Had they won one more game, they'd be playing the Spurs or the Nuggets. The Spurs are really hurting with Duncan playing poorly and Ginobli out for the season, and the Jazz match up really well against the Nuggets. One of those teams, and I could see them going far in the playoffs. Oh well.
I'm still going to cheer for the Jazz, but as their chances are slim, I'm hoping to see Orlando go all the way this year. I'm a big Dwight Howard fan.
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By suneku

The Jazz and the Blazers actually probably have the best chance to knock off the Lakers because of how well they play at home. I can see the Jazz taking them to 7 games, especially with most of the Jazz players getting healthy again.

Holla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Holla

Wouldn't have mind seeing a full strength Boston team take on this year's version of the Lakers but it is not going to happen. Looks like a Cleveland vs. LA final with Cleveland winning in 7!

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By gingertastic_10
BoG said:
"Oh man, I am totally embarassed.
Anyways, I'm glad you're hoping for a first round upset for your team, because I'm not. The Jazz absolutely love to let Kobe Bryant walk all over them. Had they won one more game, they'd be playing the Spurs or the Nuggets. The Spurs are really hurting with Duncan playing poorly and Ginobli out for the season, and the Jazz match up really well against the Nuggets. One of those teams, and I could see them going far in the playoffs. Oh well.
I'm still going to cheer for the Jazz, but as their chances are slim, I'm hoping to see Orlando go all the way this year. I'm a big Dwight Howard fan.
"

idk, the spurs have a great coach, yes i know they have ginobli out, but Popovich will have them ready, anyone else think the 76ers will run the table and stun everyone? lol...o that would funny to see
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By teptom

I'm so happy you think the Bulls are going to upset the Celtics. They're nothing without Garnett on the floor. 

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By suneku

Yeah Celtics are really missing Garnett's defense right now. But Allen and Pierce are not hitting any of their open 3's. The Rose vs Rondo match up has been badass.

LOL Ray Allen just missed an easy dunk.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BoG

Great first game between the Bulls and the Celtics. It's almost foreign to me, as a Jazz fan, to understand a team winning on the road.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By suneku

Derrick Rose was a beast in that game.

Snuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Snuffy

Go Bulls.  :D

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By teptom

Like always, they freaked me out during the end, but they pulled it off. Only three more games left. 

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By fr0br0

I'm going to be the boring person here and say I'm just waiting for the Lakers/Cleveland game. Come on, you all know it's going to happen. I would have been interested in the Cleveland/Boston game, but without Garnett, those games have lost major epicness.

However, I will watch a game anytime I surf through my channels and see one on.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

GO SPURS!!!!!!

i bet i'm the only Giantbombers who loves the Spurs : )

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BoG
Fr0Br0 said:
"I'm going to be the boring person here and say I'm just waiting for the Lakers/Cleveland game. Come on, you all know it's going to happen. I would have been interested in the Cleveland/Boston game, but without Garnett, those games have lost major epicness.However, I will watch a game anytime I surf through my channels and see one on."
Well, it might be inevitable, but I'm not frustrated enough to start saying that and going off on NBA conspiracies. Don't worry, though, I usually get in that mood just after I begin imagining fouls.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fr0br0
BoG said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"I'm going to be the boring person here and say I'm just waiting for the Lakers/Cleveland game. Come on, you all know it's going to happen. I would have been interested in the Cleveland/Boston game, but without Garnett, those games have lost major epicness.However, I will watch a game anytime I surf through my channels and see one on."
Well, it might be inevitable, but I'm not frustrated enough to start saying that and going off on NBA conspiracies. Don't worry, though, I usually get in that mood just after I begin imagining fouls."
But it is a conspiracy! The NBA is using Lebron James to make sales. They are making him the poster boy of the NBA and marketing him as the next Michael Jordan! They are setting up the championship game between him and the Kobe (Who in my opinion is the more talented player) and fixing the game so Kobe loses and it could be "unarguable" that Lebron is the best player ever and people need to buy his merchandise NOW!!!!11!
LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
Fr0Br0 said:
"BoG said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
Well, it might be inevitable, but I'm not frustrated enough to start saying that and going off on NBA conspiracies. Don't worry, though, I usually get in that mood just after I begin imagining fouls."
But it is a conspiracy! The NBA is using Lebron James to make sales. They are making him the poster boy of the NBA and marketing him as the next Michael Jordan! They are setting up the championship game between him and the Kobe (Who in my opinion is the more talented player) and fixing the game so Kobe loses and it could be "unarguable" that Lebron is the best player ever and people need to buy his merchandise NOW!!!!11!"

as much as i hate Lebron, i think the stuff you said is complete bullshit
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BoG
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"BoG said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
But it is a conspiracy! The NBA is using Lebron James to make sales. They are making him the poster boy of the NBA and marketing him as the next Michael Jordan! They are setting up the championship game between him and the Kobe (Who in my opinion is the more talented player) and fixing the game so Kobe loses and it could be "unarguable" that Lebron is the best player ever and people need to buy his merchandise NOW!!!!11!"
as much as i hate Lebron, i think the stuff you said is complete bullshit"
I agree that it is BS, at least until the Jazz lose. I think that, at the end of the day, it's a mirror of wrestling. They say wrestling is 90% stage and 10% skill, well the NBA is 90% skill and 10% stage. Maybe. I still love it though.
However, it does disappoint me when they try and make people the new "greatest ever." I was really saddened to see Lakers Monopoly when I was in California, and Boardwalk was Kobe Bryant. SERIOUSLY? Over Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Jerry West, and Wilt Chamberlain? NO WAY. 
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fr0br0
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"BoG said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
as much as i hate Lebron, i think the stuff you said is complete bullshit"
Oh really? Just ask Magic Johnson. He was originally supposed to be the big shot of the  NBA, but then Michael Jordan came out. And then, well... you know what happened. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if you hear that Michael Jordan had died from gonorrhea after the finals...
Ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21  Edited By Ishoturface

the bobcats didnt make it again.. no surprise here though

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By JJWeatherman

I just have one thing to say... GO BLAZERS!

Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cynical_M

Been a Spurs fan for life.....Go Spurs Go!

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By suneku

Close game in San Antonio so far. The Mavs really have no chance though... it was stupid of them to trade Devin Harris. Now they're just a team full of old guys... vs old guys who know how to win championships.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By teptom

Can't wait to watch the Blazers and Rockets game. Rooting for Portland in that one.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By suneku

Yeah I'm going to watch that too, I might go grab some beers for that game.

Looks like I counted the Mavs out too soon.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By teptom

Did I just see Dikembe Mutombo? I thought he retired two years ago...I should of followed the Rockets more.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By suneku

Mutombo's going to keep playing as long as he keeps his finger wagging.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BoG

Things were looking bad for the Jazz for most of the first half, and the Kobe started playing. That's when they began to look really bad.

It's even worse considering the commentators on ABC have said numerous calls were bad, and stating many foul calls weren't fouls.
Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

GO CAVS!, if you couldn't tell I like them.
And I am rooting for the bulls, Derick Rose is crazy.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BoG

Jazz lose by 13. They had a shot when they were down 9 and Pau Gasol fouled out, but they didn't take advantage. Come on Utah, you've got to at least win game 2.

Also, I got really sick of LA fans cheering "MVP" for Kobe. He doesn't have a chance.
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By suneku

Bulls are going to take game 2 too. You heard it here first folks.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By teptom

Not the way they're playing right now, but I do think they can pull it off. Rose just needs to watch his fouls.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By suneku

Down by only 6 points with Rose and Hinrick on the bench, and Boston outrebounding 20 to 7. I still like their chances right now.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By teptom

Whew, Ray Allen just got hot that game. He made the shot even with Noah right in his face.  The United Center's going to be loud when they get to Chicago.

I'm not interested in the Mavs v Spurs matchup at all. The Spurs are going to win the series though.
Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cynical_M

Glad to see the Spurs step up and take game 2.....Hopefully they do the same when they head to Dallas.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By suneku
Shini4444 said:
"Whew, Ray Allen just got hot that game. He made the even with Noah right in face.  The United Center's going to be loud when they get to Chicago.

I'm not interested in the Mavs v Spurs matchup at all. The Spurs are going to win the series though.
"
Man, if only the Bulls had a time out or something... there would've been no doubt that had they been able to set that shot up... Ben Gordon would've knocked it down.
Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cynical_M

I have a feeling the Bulls will win the next 2 at home...There fans are gonna go nuts.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By jkz

If Ray plays the way he did last game, then I fear for the bulls. I would love them to win, not a huge Celtics fan (Cleveland for life), but there's no way the bulls can hold Pierce in check for much longer, and with him and Ray playing well, I just can't see the bulls pulling out the series win. Still, a dangerous team next year for sure, especially if they manage to pick up a true center to back up brad and add one more guy who can score off the bench.

Go Cavs!

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By teptom
suneku said:
"Shini4444 said:
"Whew, Ray Allen just got hot that game. He made the even with Noah right in face.  The United Center's going to be loud when they get to Chicago.

"
Man, if only the Bulls had a time out or something... there would've been no doubt that had they been able to set that shot up... Ben Gordon would've knocked it down."
Yeah, didn't they not have any timeouts the first game too. They need to work on that. They should have gone to overtime. Gordan was unstoppable at the end. Too bad so was Ray...

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

Tony Parker put on a show last night, he was awesome. I think the Spurs is going to take 1 game in Dallas. They're a good road team.

GO SPURS!!!

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By suneku
Cynical_M said:
"I have a feeling the Bulls will win the next 2 at home...There fans are gonna go nuts."
Yeah, since the trade the Bulls have been a very good home team. They won a bunch of home games down the stretch.

jukezypoo said:
"If Ray plays the way he did last game, then I fear for the bulls. I would love them to win, not a huge Celtics fan (Cleveland for life), but there's no way the bulls can hold Pierce in check for much longer, and with him and Ray playing well, I just can't see the bulls pulling out the series win. Still, a dangerous team next year for sure, especially if they manage to pick up a true center to back up brad and add one more guy who can score off the bench.Go Cavs!"
I think it's okay if Allen goes off like he did in the last game, though he probably won't be able to hit 3 3 pointers in order to win the game again. But still, the Celtics are pretty injury depleted now. Pierce showed so much fatigue and age in yesterdays game that made Doc Rivers take him out near the end of the 4th quarter.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By jkz
suneku said:
jukezypoo said:
"If Ray plays the way he did last game, then I fear for the bulls. I would love them to win, not a huge Celtics fan (Cleveland for life), but there's no way the bulls can hold Pierce in check for much longer, and with him and Ray playing well, I just can't see the bulls pulling out the series win. Still, a dangerous team next year for sure, especially if they manage to pick up a true center to back up brad and add one more guy who can score off the bench.Go Cavs!"
I think it's okay if Allen goes off like he did in the last game, though he probably won't be able to hit 3 3 pointers in order to win the game again. But still, the Celtics are pretty injury depleted now. Pierce showed so much fatigue and age in yesterdays game that made Doc Rivers take him out near the end of the 4th quarter."
Yeah I agree there, just don't see big-game-paul not performing over the course of an entire series They always say "you're champion until you lose," so I guess its just hard to see the Celtics, injured though they are, losing to a young team like Chicago.

What I do see though is an easy route to the finals for the Cavs. What I wonder is, with the Lakers facing a couple somewhat difficult matchups in the coming rounds, will they be tired-out by the time they hit the finals, and be facing a fresh and rested Cavs team. This is assuming there aren't any major upsets, though there always could be.
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By suneku

Yeah the Lakers and Cavs both look scary as hell. The Lakers definitely face a bigger chance of getting upset because the west is full of tough competition, but it's kind of hard for me to see either getting upset. Although I would love to see someone upset the Lakers.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I think there's definitely a shot the Celtics could end up losing this series. The Bulls, while they barely won the first game, and just barely lost the second one, they're looking good. Now Leon Powe is out for the remainder of the playoffs for the Celtics, and Rondo hurt his ankle in the game yesterday but fortunately for them it doesn't appear to be anything too serious.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BoG

I hate Lakers. I hate them so much. The Jazz finally play decent in LA, shooting just over 60% in the first quarter, and the Lakers are shooting 86%. The Jazz play killer defense, then they turn it over. I hate turnovers. Phil Jackson, please, put Andrew Bynum back in so we can score some points.

Oh gosh. They get a break, and they screw it up. Every time. It's painful to watch.
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By teptom

Bulls are going to win. Bulls are going to win. The fans better blow the roof off the place everytime they make a basket.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By JonathanMoore
Shini4444 said:
"Bulls are going to win. Bulls are going to win. The fans better blow the roof off the place everytime they make a basket."

Damn straight.
Under_Influenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By Under_Influenz

i live in Oregon so the Blazer craze is pretty intense, but i am a rockets fan. So Go Rockets!!

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GnaTSoL

GO HEAT! If both Wade and O'neal can get it going, with Beasley showing his BEASTLY potential, the heat might go a long way.

I would love to see a Cavs vs. Heat series later on in the playoffs. I would really enjoy the battles that would ensue, no matter the outcome.

King James vs Flash.......  a matchup like that in the playoffs would get some serious hype.

Yal other teams better hope Wade don't get hot like in the '06 playoffs. ;)