• 151 results
Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Cake

Was looking for a thread and couldn't find one, apologies if I'm just blind.

Thought I'd see if anyone else is watching now that it started.

If you do, who do you have to win it all? How much do you hate the Heat? How horrible was that Rose injury earlier?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

I've been watching! I love me some NBA playoffs. In a perfect world, the Utah Jazz would win everything. I am entitled to say that they will go all the way as a lifetime fan. Now, the realist in me knows that there is no way this will happen. The Jazz can never seem to beat the Spurs. I don't think they've won in San Antonio in a decade, or something. Of course, I know they can do it this time! I'm calling Jazz sweep! It's a lockout season, last time this happened, an 8 seed made it all the way to the finals!

Now, putting away the Jazz fan inside of me, I want to see Oklahoma and Chicago in the finals, and I'd love to see Oklahoma win it all. At the end, I'll be happy as long as Miami or the Lakers are not the champions.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WMWA

Over/Under on Rose's knee keeping him out for the rest of the playoffs? Also, why the hell was he still in? They had that game in the bag!

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cake

@wmaustin55 said:

Over/Under on Rose's knee keeping him out for the rest of the playoffs? Also, why the hell was he still in? They had that game in the bag!

Man that was horrible to see... They have no chance without him, sucks so bad after such a great year. And you're right, 70 seconds to go and up by 12, let the dude sit...

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By RobotHamster

I was watching the Knicks/Heat game but I just can't anymore. The Knicks are not playing great that's pretty obvious, but there have been so many bullshit calls and Lebrons just flopping around everywhere. And everyone can see that that should not have been a flagrant on Chandler. I really don't want to see the Heat win but they're gonna take this series. I was pulling for NY but they're going to lose, next was Bulls but with Rose probably out I don't see them going far, so I'd really like Oklahoma to take it and anyone except Heat or Lakers after that.

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cake

I stopped watching the Knicks/Heat game at half time... Couldn't take it, was disgusting to watch. LeBron's a goddamn joke with all those ridiculous flops.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Revan_NL

Didn't see what happened to Rose but it's really unortunate if he were to misd the rest of the season. Rooting for the Lakers but I'm not sure if they can beat the Spurs or OKC in the playoffs. Main thing is that the Heat doesn't win the championship.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

What is this NBA you speak of? Isn't that the league that dissolved the moment some jackass in Oklahoma City stole the Sonics?

Kiri90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Kiri90

I feel sorry for Rose, he just can't stay healthy this season. Hopefully it's a not a serious injury and he can come back the next game or at the very least, soon.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By SlightConfuse

Yea Lebron looked like he was in a swimming pool out there

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Milkman

I've been a Knicks fan for a long time and I've sat through some painful games and some even more painful seasons. Today's game might have been the worst I've ever sat through.  

Luckily, the Rangers won to soften the blow a bit. 

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InternetDotCom

Shumpert being out could also be the end of the Knicks slim slim chances of beating the Heat

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Torn ACL for Rose? Holy shit.

Kiri90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kiri90

@Manhattan_Project: If it's true, that's terrible for him and the Bulls. Isn't it only speculation coming from NBC Miami, though?

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WMWA

Oh shit. Just got an ESPN alert. Rose tore his ACL, out for playoffs. What a shame

manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kiri90: Its not NBC Miami reporting it, its everyone.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SlightConfuse

wow the bulls are fucked

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Philantrophy

Bulls are still good without Rose, but I doubt they are good enough to get to the finals.

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#19  Edited By amlabella

I'm not a Bulls fan but that seriously sucks about Rose. I could still see them beating the Celtics/Hawks in the next round and getting to the conference finals, but that's it.

Personally I just want to see a team besides the Lakers, Heat, or Celtics win it all. I like Durant so it'd be cool of the Thunder came out on top.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Phatmac

Without Rose, I'm not so sure. I hate to say it, but the Heat will probably win it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bulls get past the Sixers in six games at most, but Boston's going to wipe the floor with them in the second round.  

The Miami/Knicks game tonight was a disgrace. An absolute sham. And now that Shumpert's out, Miami has more or less sewn up that series already.  

It'll probably be Miami and San Antonio in the Finals, though I could see OKC getting there too. Miami's going to win the title, though. If the officiating and general tone of today's game means anything, it means Stern wants LeBron to have his ring. 

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WMWA
@HistoryInRust
Bulls get past the Sixers in six games at most, but Boston's going to wipe the floor with them in the second round.  

The Miami/Knicks game tonight was a disgrace. An absolute sham. And now that Shumpert's out, Miami has more or less sewn up that series already.  

It'll probably be Miami and San Antonio in the Finals, though I could see OKC getting there too. Miami's going to win the title, though. If the officiating and general tone of today's game means anything, it means Stern wants LeBron to have his ring. 
Disagree with that last part. It's in the leagues best interest, press and monetary wise, to keep the wait for his ring going as long as possible. More suspense of is he/isn't he going to get it done = more viewers, more ESPN coverage, more capital.
Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cake

Wow, worst thing that could've happened in this game. A sad ending to an injury plagued season, fuck.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DukesT3

@Cake said:

@wmaustin55 said:

Man that was horrible to see... They have no chance without him, sucks so bad after such a great year. And you're right, 70 seconds to go and up by 12, let the dude sit...

He probably won't come back until Dec. at the earliest. And that depends on any setbacks during rehab and of course the severity of the tear.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By coolarman

I see the bulls beating the sixers without Rose. But in the second round, especially if they face Boston, I don't think they can win.

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cake

Good on Orlando to steal one on the road haha.

Hopefully Dallas/Oklahoma will be a good game too.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#27  Edited By yevinorion

I seriously feel like someone punched me in the gut. I've been a Chicago fan since the early 90's with Jordan when I was a kid. This is devastating. We were finally back on top and now this. It's terrible for Rose because his game is predicated on his speed and explosiveness, which will be reduced even after a full recovery from an injury like this. This doesn't just end our hopes for this season, but it puts in jeapordy our future as a franchise. He will recover and he will still be an excellent ball player, but it's very unlikely he'll ever be the same again. A very sad day for Bulls fans everywhere.

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cake

Yeah man tell me about it, been a Bulls fan for the past 20 years. Was fucking shocked when I saw him go down earlier.

Nothing to do other than wait and see exactly what was the severity of the tear. Everyone heals differently, even from this, he's pretty young, I'll still hold up hope he'll get back fully recovered. Never know.

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Fistoh

I'm a very passive Knicks fan, I much prefer Hockey, Football, Baseball, or even Soccer to Basketball, but I'll watch it if nothing else is on. Unfortunately (or Fortunately, considering the game) Both the Rangers and Knicks were on at the same time, and, well, Hockey>Basketball. Heard it was a disaster though.

monster9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By monster9999

The heat are definitely coming out of the east, as for the west its anyone's game, clippers-grizz is going be a great series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm from Chicago and me and 3 other friends were watching the game. As soon as we saw Rose go down on his knee we said it's over. Well most likely Chicago will still get to the Conference Finals. Just don't see them making it past the Heat without Rose. Like Boozer and Korver said, "Saddest Win Ever!"

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By breadfan

Space Jam!

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By VirtuaXav

I'm a HEAT fan so I'm hoping they'll come out of the East, looks like they should now that Rose is out. Boston could totally cause us a bit of trouble if we see them in round 2.

I've got the Spurs and OKC to meet in the west finals. I think OKC will make the Finals vs. the Heat, but I want the Spurs to make it. OKC will have plenty of chances in the next few years, I think Duncan and crew deserve another go after the awesome season they've had.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34  Edited By JasonR86

The only thing I want is for the Heat to lose asap. Yep, I'm a hater and I'm good with that.

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cake

Pretty easy win for the Spurs, was expected really. Can't say I'm all that interested in the Nuggets/Lakers game that's on now, but the Clippers/Grizzlies game later on should be pretty good.

But for now, some more Guild Wars 2.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

Bulls still make the Finals without Rose, I'm calling it now.

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cake

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

Bulls still make the Finals without Rose, I'm calling it now.

I'll take that.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DystopiaX

@yevinorion said:

I seriously feel like someone punched me in the gut. I've been a Chicago fan since the early 90's with Jordan when I was a kid. This is devastating. We were finally back on top and now this. It's terrible for Rose because his game is predicated on his speed and explosiveness, which will be reduced even after a full recovery from an injury like this. This doesn't just end our hopes for this season, but it puts in jeapordy our future as a franchise. He will recover and he will still be an excellent ball player, but it's very unlikely he'll ever be the same again. A very sad day for Bulls fans everywhere.

According to what I've read since the injury, Rose can make a full recovery- speed and explosiveness included. In fact, given modern medical procedures, if Rose's torn ACL isn't terrible relatively, physically he'll be back in shape. Then he just has to deal with the mental implications that come along with the injury. Still a huge blow though.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By shadows_kill

Pacers fan and that first game was.. just horrible on both sides. Whoever, got lucky at the end won.. then again Collision really lost it for us. IF the Pacers lose (which honestly I think Pacers could easily get past the Magic) but they wont get past the Heat.. mostly cause all of the calls will go to them (look at that Knicks game). In the west I see a Thunder Spurs match up. For the east I'm not sure because of Rose but Heat Hawks maybe?

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WMWA

Silver lining for Rose? He already signed that extension so he's getting paid no matter what.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DystopiaX

@shadows_kill: I think a Celtics Heat is more likely (barring this game 1, I think overall Celtics are still a better team), and the bulls still have a chance, although a reduced one, of making it out. If it's celtics Heat the Celtics match up better against them and might actually take it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DystopiaX said:

@yevinorion said:

According to what I've read since the injury, Rose can make a full recovery- speed and explosiveness included. In fact, given modern medical procedures, if Rose's torn ACL isn't terrible relatively, physically he'll be back in shape. Then he just has to deal with the mental implications that come along with the injury. Still a huge blow though.

This is absolutely true. Don't forget that Chris Paul tore his ACL.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DystopiaX

@HistoryInRust said:

@DystopiaX said:

@yevinorion said:

A bunch of other players as well, including all-stars, but I forget the list of names.

manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DystopiaX said:

@HistoryInRust said:

@DystopiaX said:

@yevinorion said:

A bunch of other players as well, including all-stars, but I forget the list of names.

Chris Paul isn't the same guy. Before the injury he could blow by anyone at will, now he actually has to work.

I'm not saying Rose will no longer be a great player, but don't expect him to have the same explosion.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By frankfartmouth

I pick the Heat to win it all. And I hope they do. I didn't get caught up in the whole Heat as Villains thing. If I lived in Miami, maybe, but I don't, so his tactlessness in announcing his departure didn't really mean shit to me. I love watching Lebron play. Who else leads their team in points, assists, rebounds, and steals for the entire year? Twice? Purely sick. I'd love to see him top it off with some hardware.

With Rose out, the path to the Finals should be clear for them. I don't see OKC taking them down. Durant is clutch, as he showed last night against Dallas, but I don't think they can do it across 7 against the Heat. The Spurs are the biggest surprise to me, not just in their record, but in how they're doing it. They have a lot of explosive, young depth that can take pressure off the vets. Parker has been phenomenal. They'd be my second choice.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By grilledcheez

I'm rooting for the Hawks, but I'm not sure they can do it without Horford.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Manhattan_Project: The larger point is that greatness finds a way, although you're absolutely right about Paul. Rose is notorious as one of the hardest workers in the league, and he'll refine his game as necessary. In some ways he already has. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frankfartmouth said:

I pick the Heat to win it all. And I hope they do. I didn't get caught up in the whole Heat as Villains thing. If I lived in Miami, maybe, but I don't, so his tactlessness in announcing his departure didn't really mean shit to me. I love watching Lebron play. Who else leads their team in points, assists, rebounds, and steals for the entire year? Twice? Purely sick. I'd love to see him top it off with some hardware.

With Rose out, the path to the Finals should be clear for them. I don't see OKC taking them down. Durant is clutch, as he showed last night against Dallas, but I don't think they can do it across 7 against the Heat. The Spurs are the biggest surprise to me, not just in their record, but in how they're doing it. They have a lot of explosive, young depth that can take pressure off the vets. Parker has been phenomenal. They'd be my second choice.

I agree with you about the Miami-OKC matchup. OKC gets a couple games, just on the basis of talent alone. But their greatest strengths are also their fatal flaws. The Lakers showed the other day that you can really slow the Thunder down if you contain Durant and Westbrook. Harden is undeniable, but the Thunder's starting line-up just can't score without Durant and Westbrook.  

San Antonio, though, that's a match-up problem for Miami. What are Miami's weaknesses? 

• Strong interior presences.
  • Savvy point guards.
  • Depth at all positions.
Turns out San Antonio has all three of those attributes. I won't jump the gun and say San Antonio beats Miami, but I will say that's probably the card Miami wants least in the Finals. 
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DystopiaX

@Manhattan_Project said:

@DystopiaX said:

@HistoryInRust said:

@DystopiaX said:

@yevinorion said:

Chris Paul isn't the same guy. Before the injury he could blow by anyone at will, now he actually has to work.

I'm not saying Rose will no longer be a great player, but don't expect him to have the same explosion.

Yes it's possible for a full recovery to not be made, but what I and others have said is that it is possible- it depends on the severity of the injury as well as the recovery process, but players have done it before.

If it's Spurs vs Heat in the finals I'd pick the Spurs to win. They just match up better against them.

@frankfartmouth said:

It's not just the move for me. I'm a Chicago fan so there's a rivalry there but it's also cause I like to root for the underdogs, and ever since the big three joined forces they play the favorites role really well. I also dislike LeBron for being one of the most frequent and blatant floppers in the game right now.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BlatantNinja23

I'm just excited to watch Lebron and laugh when people claim he has a post game. Bummed to see what happened to rose, and even as a Lakers fan I'm excited to watch the thunder play.