NBC: Leno going out, Fallon in on 'The Tonight Show'

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Leno is ending his Tonight Show run, in February 2014. Jimmy Fallon is to be stepping in to host the role.

IGN: NBC Officially Confirms Jimmy Fallon Taking over The Tonight Show from Jay Leno

Unless you want Gawker?

Gawker: Later today, NBC will confirm that Jimmy Fallon is taking over the Tonight Show. As predicted, he'll start in February.

Gawker don't have shit.

Interestingly, IGN:

Also confirmed is that The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon will be filmed in New York at 30 Rock, executive produced by Lorne Michaels (Saturday Night Live).

No Caption Provided

So, if Fallon's on The Tonight Show. Who's doing Late Night? ~ SNL's Seth Meyers, fake news host, is supposedly to be hosting it. But that's not confirmed.

There is no official word yet on who will take over Late Night, with Fallon moving an hour earlier, though SNL's Seth Meyers is said to be in talks.

So, maybe Fallon sucks. I think he's alright. But mindshare is still kinda where, Conan is our gamer-buddy. I mean, do you guys like Conan a bit more? Or Fallon? How about that Seth Meyers?

davo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, but for how long?

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to seeing the Conan/Fallon power duo slot on TNT in March.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did everybody else in the room start laughing after Fallon signed the contract?

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fallon will last 6 months, tops. Longer than conan, but he will have worse ratings. I think NBC should, and I am being TOTALY SERIOUS HERE, try and get Justin Timberlake to host. He's been great on SNL, he can do everything. It would be huge news.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fallon will last 6 months, tops. Longer than conan, but he will have worse ratings. I think NBC should, and I am being TOTALY SERIOUS HERE, try and get Justin Timberlake to host. He's been great on SNL, he can do everything. It would be huge news.

There is no way in hell they'd ever get him. I mean, unless he's willing to work more for less cash....

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like Fallon infinitely more than Leno so this can only be a good thing.

However, Letterman and Ferguson are the kings of late night talkshows.

Except for Stewart and Colbert.

And I don't even really watch TV anymore so none of this matters to me anyway.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fallon's alright with me. I like Conan more, but oh well.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chop said:

@reddenblack said:

There is no way in hell they'd ever get him. I mean, unless he's willing to work more for less cash....

i can see your logic here, but like @chop said...there's no chance. jt's the current reigning king of pop. until he crashes and burns, no reason for him to take a steady paycheck over the dumptruck of cash backing into his driveway on the reg.

ps- i hate fallon (professionally). he seems like a good guy, but i find his boyish charms and stifled giggles incredibly abrasive. actually it's mostly that i simply don't find him funny.