NBC omits "Under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance. Wow....

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By nemt

"all religions are based on the same ridiculous imagination, that make man a weak, imbecile animal; a furious bigot and fanatic; or a miserable hypocrite"-Robert Owen

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#302  Edited By HitmanAgent47

They already appologised and say it will never happen again.

Once again everyone ignores this post like it doesn't exist and they didn't appologised to everyone.

Edit: I can practically write anything I want here and the atheist would never read it.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#303  Edited By Chummy8
@Napalm said:
@ch13696 said:   

Since we've had the pledge of allegiance for so long, not saying it at school or before sports games would be like shitting on America.

OMFG. This is the most hilarious thing I've ever read in my life. Shitting on America? lmao.  

Technically, doesn't every American shit on America at least once a day?  Some may do it every other day, some not as much. 
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#304  Edited By napalm
@TekZero said:
@Napalm said:
@ch13696 said:   

Since we've had the pledge of allegiance for so long, not saying it at school or before sports games would be like shitting on America.

OMFG. This is the most hilarious thing I've ever read in my life. Shitting on America? lmao.  
 Technically, doesn't every American shit on America at least once a day?  Some may do it every other day, some not as much. 
He reminds me of the overzealous and parodical "agent" from Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay. "This little child is America. Do you hate America?"
Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#305  Edited By Spike94
@Commando said:

@nemt said:

@Spike94 said:

Wow indeed. It shouldn't be omitted or changed...

The pledge was already changed to add it in the first place.

Then why did they include the rest of the additions they made since it was revised? Why didn't they do the actual original Pledge of Allegiance? Instead of using the new one and only omitting a couple words?

Then it would have read, "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Right, entirely forgot about that, sirs. My mistake! 
EDIT: My stance is if someone wants to say the "Under God", then cool. If not, then I respect that. But that's not the issue with the NBC thing. They just outright removed it, right?
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#306  Edited By Xeiphyer

Its the right move, but people are just retarded.

They can try to kill Christmas, but they can't remove a religious statement that doesn't apply to many people in their country. Go America.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#307  Edited By beej

@ch13696 said:

@DeeGee said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@ch13696 said:

@Napalm said:
@ch13696 said:
What's with all the hate towards America? If you don't like it, don't live here.
"Don't like it, don't live here"? Wow, what are you, fucking sixteen?
A fucking adult. Unlike everyone complaining about the pledge of allegiance. "OMG, I don't believe in it, so I'm not going to say it". Psssh... that wouldn't fly in any other country.

Yes it would. Most countries don't have Pledges of Allegiance in the way we do.

That wouldn't fly in any other middle eastern country was what he surely meant, because his original statement was so absurd he must have mistyped. Here in England, we don't have a pledge at all, so it would certainly fly not to say it. In fact, I don't know of any other country apart from America that would find a problem with not wanting to say a pledge to a god you don't believe in. Once again, not counting middle eastern countries.

No where in my statements did I mention that you have to say "under God". All I said was that if you don't want to say the pledge of allegiance because you don't believe in God, then leave out those two words. Since we've had the pledge of allegiance for so long, not saying it at school or before sports games would be like shitting on America.

Back in my day enslaving blacks and oppressing women was as American as apple pie. To not do so would shit all over America. If anyone who isn't landed white gentry votes the statue of liberty sheds tears of justice.