Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) 3 months, 9 days ago

Poll: Necronauts Discover The Afterlife Beyond Doubt and Chart It. Would You Change Your Life Accordingly? (37 votes)

Yes. 11%
No. 32%
First hand experience required. 11%
Gun to the head, and commit to the new frontier. 8%
Depends. 14%
Other. 3%
Hold up! Wait. What? Results. 19%
This necronautical hero doesn't look like he'll make the trip back.

Yo, I've no idea what real-life necronautical research is up to. It's certainly freaky and hella fringe, but it's also a springboard for fantastical worlds of imagination. So what if Necronauts found the Afterlife and brought back irrefutable proof? How would substantiated knowledge of the beyond change you, if at all?

#1 Posted by Video_Game_King (35985 posts) -

Not really. I've been dead before. Can't remember liking it.

#2 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

Not really. I've been dead before. Can't remember liking it.

What if it's like Drangleic?

I guess that would have been the more interesting question. How would you imagine the Beyond, if it's something that can be discovered by science?

#3 Posted by ripelivejam (3528 posts) -

man i thought this was spam. i am disappoint.

#4 Posted by EveretteScott (1449 posts) -

I have no idea what necronautical is and google didn't help, besides the word necro and nautical. Are there people actually doing studies besides 'out of body experiences' when people almost die?

If you need to change how you live thinking your afterlife depends on it brings religion into the discussion. The idea of afterlife doesn't necessarily have to involve a God, a Heaven or a Hell.

#5 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@everettescott said:

I have no idea what necronautical is and google didn't help, besides the word necro and nautical. Are there people actually doing studies besides 'out of body experiences' when people almost die?

If you need to change how you live thinking your afterlife depends on it brings religion into the discussion. The idea of afterlife doesn't necessarily have to involve a God, a Heaven or a Hell.

Let's say the Necronauts report a consolidation of souls in the afterlife. Immensely powerful beings just waiting to gobble up every and all newcomers. Maybe themed around current and dead religions and societies. Like the Holy Roman Empire, the Norse Gods, the Christians. Would you prepare yourself to face these beings, in order stay an individual in the beyond? Or would you simply surrender and chose your *faction*? Or would you consolidate with your friends and family, maybe even nation, to become an avatar powerful enough to etch out your own place in the beyond. Captain Dead America. What would you do?

What if you learned the dead from Earth were locked in a perpetual war of the worlds with the dead of Mars? What if! Man! What if!

#6 Posted by ripelivejam (3528 posts) -

in other words magical sci-fi shit. sounds like a larf, tho.

(needs more lovecraft)

#7 Posted by EveretteScott (1449 posts) -

@seppli: That sounds like nothing at all plausible and just fanfiction of what the afterlife could be.

I thought this was something serial!

#8 Posted by Aetheldod (3509 posts) -

Nope

#9 Posted by Itwongo (1119 posts) -

Depends on how it exists. Is it some newly discovered aspect of nature or a realm created by some cosmic being and governed by its preferences?

#10 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@everettescott said:

@seppli: That sounds like nothing at all plausible and just fanfiction of what the afterlife could be.

I thought this was something serial!

I'm very serial. Not in what I described. That's just having a little fun with the notion of a beyond. It could really be anything. That's up to you. What if though! That's the question. You have proof the Beyond exists, and whatever it might be, how would you imagine your life would change because of that circumstance. The substantiated knowledge of the Afterlife.