need a new mp3 player

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iam3green

I need a new mp3 player. i have a sandisk sansa view. i turned it on today and there is this crack pixely problem. it still works on like quarter of the screen but it's annoying finding songs on it.

i think i need a new mp3 player. i was kind of thinking of maybe the view again but it might break again. the one i have last 5ish years. i was thinking about ipod touch but the thing is i still use CD's and download music. do i need to buy songs off of itunes to get the songs onto the ipod?

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Sansa Clip+ + microSD, iPod Classic with Rockbox?

Nah, you don't need to buy music of iTunes to put it on the iPod touch. I kind of regret selling my 1st gen Zune. I miss it dearly.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Strife777

iPod is basically the only option I accept anymore when it comes to MP3 players. Don't take an iPod touch if you already have a smart phone of some sort, because it's basically that but without the ability to call or use 3G. Otherwise the ''Classic'' could last you a looong time with the amount of storage you get. The nano is a bit too small for my taste, but it seems neat. I don't see the point of shuffle unless you really don't mind not being able to choose what you listen to.

You don't need to buy things on iTunes to get them on your iPod, you can use any music you already have (downloaded elsewhere or ripped from CDs, doesn't matter) but you do need iTunes to transfer music to it.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iam3green
Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Strife777

Well then an iPod touch is a great choice. They're very good devices, I have one myself and I like it a whole lot. The price can be an issue though.

tadros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By tadros

@iam3green: I love my iPod Classic. It holds my entire music library which is over 100GBs. It's simple, fast, and the battery life is amazing. I don't usually buy songs from iTunes either, most are from CDs.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Chop

Get an iPod Classic

I have a Touch and it is such a ridiculous concept. Who the fuck uses their iPod for apps and shit? It has less than a quarter of the capacity of a classic and is double the price...fuck that thing.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

@iam3green: You can get a Sansa Clip+ and a 32gb MicroSD card for half that price. Don't forget to put Rockbox on it if you do pick one up as well.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By monetarydread

Though I haven't listened to the Sanza Fuze+, I have read great things about it when you install RockBox. You have to be into messing around with EQ settings though. As for my recommendations:

HiFiMan HM-601

http://www.amazon.com/HiFiMAN-HiFiMan-HM-601-Portable-Player/dp/B004DHOHYQ

This is the player I have at the moment. Everything about it is awful - but the sound, the sound is as good as it gets for portable sound. From a built in headphone amp, to support for 24-bit FLAC, to a wealth of EQ options for fine-tuning the sound to your headphones, nothing sounds like this. It reminds me of listening to a high-end tube amplified sound system.

The drawback to this player is the build quality is a little suspect. The player is only slightly smaller than an IPOD classic, the buttons feel flimsy, and nothing plugged in to the device (Toslink, Headphone Jack, or

Cowon J3

http://www.amazon.com/COWON-Portable-Media-Player-Black/dp/B003Q6CUD0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330327236&sr=8-1

I know people that own and absolutely love this MP3 player. It is arguable that it sounds as well as the HiFiMan, but without the shitty build design or software issues for Mac owners.

If even the Sanza Fuze+ is expensive, go with Sony. Sony pretty much owns the sub-$100 MP3 market in sound / build quality in my opinion. I picked up a $50 8GB Sony player and I received my moneys worth on the included headphones. I have picked up $80 Sennheisers that didn't sound as crisp and clear as these do.