• 51 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

I know the topic title is messed up, but hell, if you have ever played manhunt that topic title has nothing on that games level of voilence. Just saying so mods won't get me. 

Every single day I get my garbage out and every day there is always a puff of feathers and usually a couple of wings. or even a whole bird on my walk way to the garbage. EVERY DAMN DAY. I am now getting highly annoyed, it is a cat from one of the other people in the  area. but I do not know for certain whos it is. there are two suspects, a grey cat, or a black cat. I reckon it is the black one for the fact that it has been sneaking around my lawn for a while. Although the grey cat does go on my lawn, it makes itself known unlike the black one which is always behind the bushes and stuff watching us. Thus I doubt it is the grey one. 

now what should I do, it is in the same spot ALWAYS. I am getting highly annoyed by this cat leaving poor dead birds in my lawn. I feel bad for the birds, I hate picking up said birds with a shovel and I hate the fact that this is a daily occurance. What should I do? 

Edit, I am not interested in... doing bad things to the cat, I just want it to stop is all.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I was going to suggest killing both cats... 

Buy a threatening dog.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Figure out what is attracting the birds and stop that.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jay444111
@FluxWaveZ said:
I was going to suggest killing both cats...  Buy a threatening dog.
Err, not going to work, currently my dog can't really runaround  anymore due to old age and such. (also asthma weirdly enough.) Although even then my dog is a small one, If i was to get a bigger dog here my old dog would probably be pissed at me. so I really don't want to do that. I love the dog I currently have.
SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SomeJerk

There is no solution that I can think of. Have you had any contact with the possible offending cat, have you left some food outside for a possible offending cat, done anything that might make it think that you are it's master or parent? My father is taking care of an orphaned feral cat in a cabin just south of the middle of nowhere and over a week it will make hundreds of kills of birds, rats and mice because he's the only parent of her, the only one she understands besides basic hunting skills and abilities she inherited.

If that cat would eat at least a little from her kills, sometimes she brings still living birds indoors to wreak havoc, money would be saved on food. It's a waste, uncontrolled killing and not killing for food.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jay444111
@Irvandus said:
Figure out what is attracting the birds and stop that.
I don't think they are coming from my lawn however, I think the cat is bringing them over to... eat and spread the feathers around. Not going to work either... 

Hey... what does catnip actually do?
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

It claims it's a better hunter than you, get a loincloth and a spear and prove the cat wrong.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By zor

I would suggest getting an Ostrich... that should teach that cat not to mess with a bird... 

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jay444111
@somejerk said:

There is no solution that I can think of. Have you had any contact with the possible offending cat, have you left some food outside for a possible offending cat, done anything that might make it think that you are it's master or parent? My father is taking care of an orphaned feral cat in a cabin just south of the middle of nowhere and over a week it will make hundreds of kills of birds, rats and mice because he's the only parent of her, the only one she understands besides basic hunting skills and abilities she inherited.

If that cat would eat at least a little from her kills, sometimes she brings still living birds indoors to wreak havoc, money would be saved on food. It's a waste, uncontrolled killing and not killing for food.

Damn... although, we've done nothing to make the cat love us or anything, hell, I have only picked up a two cats in all of my life. However, it is eating them, sometimes leaving whole bits though. dammit though. would going out with big stick scare it enough to make it stop?
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Leave a dead cat on your lawn for a couple days.  It will get the message.

SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By SoylentGreen

@Jay444111 said:

Hey... what does catnip actually do?

It makes them really high. Unless you want stoner cats all over your lawn, I suggest you don't do that.

I heard that if you fill a two-liter plastic bottle with water, cats won't go near it. Might be an old wive's tale or something, but you could try that.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By James_ex_machina

IF you knew when the cat was coming around you could spray it with a water hose without hurting it. Just scare it because most cats HATE being sprayed with water.

Build a moat and fill it with sharks with laser beams on their heads....just try the water hose idea.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By EuanDewar

Read it a book.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By monetarydread

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this.  Cat's are territorial hunters and are just doing what they were designed to, hunt.  You may feel bad about dead birds, but as long as there are cats around there will be dead birds, mice, bugs, snakes, or any other small critter around.  
The only solution can be to get rid of the cats, either through killing the cats, buying a guard dog, or have a fence around your yard that prevents them from getting in (easier said than done).  

I heard that if you fill a two-liter plastic bottle with water, cats won't go near it. Might be an old wive's tale or something, but you could try that.

That is an old wives tale.  The thing that cats can't stand is citrus oils.  That works great if you have a stereo you don't want a cat to spray on, but  spraying lemon juice over a full yard twice a day is ridiculous.
McSmunions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By McSmunions
@FiestaUnicorn said:

Leave a dead cat on your lawn for a couple days.  It will get the message.

looks like the cat had the same idea with the birds, message not received.
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By CastroCasper

I read this too quick and I thought birds were killing your cats. Stupid birds.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By inkerman
@Jay444111: Serious suggestion, scatter mandarin or orange peels around your lawn, cats hate the smell of citrus, once they learn to hate your lawn after a week or two, they won't come back.
UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By UnrealDP

Try a good old fashioned stealthy stakeout to get to the bottom of this. Once you've caught the offender snap his or her neck Sam Fisher style and display the body as a trophy for the world to see....or cover your fence in barb wire.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By Chris2KLee
@Inkerman said:
@Jay444111: Serious suggestion, scatter mandarin or orange peels around your lawn, cats hate the smell of citrus, once they learn to hate your lawn after a week or two, they won't come back.
Might need quite a few orange peels, but it's a technique that works. My mother would place the peels around her plants inside the house to stop the cat from chewing them up. Worked great.
Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pessh

It's just what they do, and it's probably someones pet, so don't listen to these assholes suggesting you kill it. Get your own cat and then they'll stop shitting/ leaving dead birds on your lawn.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bicycleham

If the cat's aren't strays, try and find the owner and speak to them about the problem. If they are strays then you might want to trap them and send them over to a shelter or something. If not then set your lawn on fire. Cat's don't like fire.

shootermcclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shootermcclay

Simple. Put up a scarecrow and there wont be any birds around for the cat to kill.

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By fripplebubby
@UnrealDP said:

Try a good old fashioned stealthy stakeout to get to the bottom of this. Once you've caught the offender snap his or her neck Sam Fisher style and display the body as a trophy for the world to see....or cover your fence in barb wire.

I have some advice too. Don't do any of the above. 
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Origina1Penguin

It'll run out of birds.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By UnrealDP

@Fripplebubby:

Oh come on, covering the top of your fence with barb wire is a totally legitimate thing to do....and so is the neck snapping stuff....

DrFidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By DrFidget

Run a sprinkler in that area. The cat will go somewhere else.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bestostero

They do as a gift to you, or so I'm told.... I get dead lizards and stuff too lol

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ajamafalous
@Chris2KLee said:
@Inkerman said:
Might need quite a few orange peels, but it's a technique that works. My mother would place the peels around her plants inside the house to stop the cat from chewing them up. Worked great.
This actually works; mom did it for her garden. I think lavender might also work, or I'm thinking of something else.
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think you should recruit the cat because it proved to be a worthy cat.  dont the dead animals being presented on your lawn show some sort of affection towards you?

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By Levio

Pee in the area the cat usually goes to and it will stop coming.

I am dead serious.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By beforet

The cat is paying you tribute. You pay it insult by not feasting on the kill it has sacrificed. Either that, or it thinks you're a baby cat and it's trying to teach you how to hunt.

Still, not a terrible place to be in, I would say.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Damian

Advice: 
1. Reduce your waste output 
2. Paprika

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By penguindust

Do you have a sprinkler?  Most cats hate water and if you can turn on your sprinkler when it's in the yard it will probably stop showing up.  

Look on the brightside, the dead birds are probably a gift to you which means it likes you...either that or it's a message.  You know like "Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes."

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ragdrazi

That's a gift for you. The cat wants you to know that it loves you.

catpowerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By catpowerd

If you know the owners tell them to put a bell collar on the cat. only jerks let there cat outside without a bell collar.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fattony12000

I got a .22 present for that motherfucker.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By RobotHamster

Accept the gifts the cat brings you, and eat it with the cat.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By YI_Orange

Ask mbmbam.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By mikemcn

Spread the word about the evils of kitten-kind so that this never happens again. Cats are not to be trusted.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I need some advice about soul crushingly stupid threads like these on Giantbomb.com.

I know the topic title is messed up, but hell, if you have ever been to any other Jay444111 topic this one has nothing on those levels of stoiped. Just saying so mods won't get me.

Every single day read this garbage and every day there is always a puff of mindlessness in the form of a Jay44111 thread and usually a couple of zings. or even a whole turd on my walk way through the garbage of one of his threads. EVERY DAMN DAY. I am now getting highly annoyed, it is a cat from one of the other people in the area. Well maybe, see think Jay444111 is a troll-alt but I do not know for certain whos it is. there are two suspects, a hitman cat, or a hitman cat. I reckon it is the hitman one for the fact that it has been sneaking around my Steam experience for a while. Although the hitman cat does go on my Steam, it makes itself known unlike the hitman one which is always behind the bushes and stuff watching us. Thus I doubt it is the hitman one.

now what should I do, it is in the same spot ALWAYS. I am getting highly annoyed by these posts leaving poorly formed turds in my Steam. I feel bad for the turds, I hate picking up said turds with a shovel and I hate the fact that this is a daily occurance. What should I do?

Edit, I am not interested in...if you don't get the joak, I just want it to stop is all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

All these people talking about killing cats is why mine are strictly indoor only.  

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MikkaQ

My grandma's cat does this to the poor woman. Though not nearly as often.

If it's not your cat, try and lure him in after it's dropping off a carcass, maybe with food or milk or something, then see if it has a collar you can identify an owner with, have a talk with them. Try and get the thing de-clawed or something.

Alternatively hose it down (gently) every time it approaches the house, it'll learn fast to avoid your lawn.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By Bollard
@Jay444111: If the cat is leaving you birds it means he likes you; they are a gift. 

Also, the cat responsible is probably young - wait a year or so and he won't bother anymore. That's what happened with mine, always used to murder things, now he hasn't caught anything in years.
Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chavtheworld said:
@Jay444111: If the cat is leaving you birds it means he likes you; they are a gift.  Also, the cat responsible is probably young - wait a year or so and he won't bother anymore. That's what happened with mine, always used to murder things, now he hasn't caught anything in years.
It sounds like it's leaving the inedible parts of the birds (feathers), hardly a gift. This suggests that the cat is actually hungry.  Three options: 

• Feed the cat
  • Talk to the owner
  • Try that citrus trick that people mentioned.

Alternatively, use a freeze-ray on all birds in your neighbourhood, since cats hate frosty food.
Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By Bollard
@S0ndor said:
Alternatively, use a freeze-ray on all birds in your neighbourhood, since cats hate frosty food.
Hahaha
Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Franstone

Where in the world did you find cat killing birds? 
; )
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheap white pepper, just use that around your lawn over a few days, cats gone.

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By nemt

You can't stop nature. You could put collars with a bell on the cats, but if they aren't your cats I don't know how good an idea that would be. The stray cat here likes to kill stuff and then leave it on my porch, but not as a gift the way lots of pet cats do - she leaves it there and then will nibble at it FOR HOURS. It's pretty irritating but she's an old sickly cat so I figure I'll let her do what she wants.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jack268

Kill the birds before the cat can kill them 

OR find out where the cats live and place the birds on their own lawn.