• 76 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for therealmoot
#1 Posted by TheRealMoot (585 posts) -

Today a child (5 or 6 years old I think) threw a fist sized rock at my dog when he barked at him. The young boy appeared to be trying to either touch the dog through the fence or open the gate, I'm unsure. After he threw the rock I yelled (not angrily or overly aggressive) out at him and his mother who was walking ahead of him: "Don't throw rock's at my dog!" She responded by yelling back at me to make my dog shut up, completely ignoring the fact that her child threw a large rock into my yard, at my dog and barely missing my truck!

And last week the same mother (I believe) and a bunch of young girls (probably around 10 or so) were prancing around in my driveway taunting my dog making him bark. I told them "Stop annoying my dog!" they responded by laughing and telling me to make him shut the F up.

Anyone got any good advice for dealing with jerk wad neighbors?

I'm readying a digital camera to setup in my window in case this happens again so I have physical proof.

I would also like to state that my yard is fully fenced and has a large "Guard dog on premise" sign affixed to the gate and in plain site. I have my yard fenced in, gated and guarded by a wolf x German Shepard cross because crack heads kept coming into my yard and breaking into my families cars to steal crap! One time one even broke into my house!

Avatar image for jigsawintospace
#2 Posted by JigsawIntoSpace (57 posts) -

Throw rocks at their kids and yell at their parents to make them stop crying.

Avatar image for gumby
#3 Posted by Gumby (236 posts) -

Avatar image for musclerider
#4 Posted by musclerider (794 posts) -

Kidnap their kids, put them in burlap sacks, and throw them into a river.

Avatar image for alexw00d
#5 Posted by AlexW00d (7320 posts) -

@JigsawIntoSpace said:

Throw rocks at their kids and yell at their parents to make them stop crying.

This seems the best solution I can think of too.

Avatar image for jack268
#6 Posted by Jack268 (3370 posts) -

@JigsawIntoSpace said:

Throw rocks at their kids and yell at their parents to make them stop crying.

Yep.

Avatar image for barrabas
#7 Posted by Barrabas (509 posts) -

Sounds like you did the right thing already by getting a camera. Maybe put up a "No Trespassing" sign, and after you have proof of them doing it multiple times contact the local authorities or whoever you normally do to solve these situations (I don't really know). The absolute wrong thing to do is take any action back against them on your own.

Avatar image for dagbiker
#8 Posted by Dagbiker (7031 posts) -

Leave the gate open "accidently."

Avatar image for nightriff
#9 Posted by Nightriff (6987 posts) -

Just clear the air, your dog doesn't bark all the time and annoy them. And be honest because if your dog annoys them it could be the cause of why they are doing this, doesn't make it right but could be a cause of this.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
#10 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3413 posts) -

Since you're setting up a camera anyway, just call the cops the next time something happens and show them the proof.

Avatar image for audiobusting
#11 Posted by audioBusting (2236 posts) -

Wait, the mother was taunting your dog too?

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
#12 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3053 posts) -

Are you in America?

Aim a gun at them.

Avatar image for bybeach
#13 Posted by bybeach (5482 posts) -

That mother sounds like a trip it's all like you say....

Those kids are going to progress into their teenage years with some real warped ideas

Avatar image for blastprocessing
#14 Posted by BlastProcessing (961 posts) -

UNLEASH THE BEAST!

Avatar image for ajamafalous
#15 Posted by ajamafalous (13118 posts) -

Call the cops if it happens again.

Avatar image for zelyre
#16 Posted by Zelyre (1616 posts) -

@TheRealMoot said:

her child threw a large rock into my yard, at my dog and barely missing my truck!

telling me to make him shut the F up.

crack heads kept coming into my yard and breaking into my families cars to steal crap! One time one even broke into my house!

I'm thinking you need to get out of the neighborhood you live in. If the cops can't keep the crack heads out of your personal property, I don't think they have the desire to deal with asshole neighbors and kids that shouldn't have been brought into existence.

Either that, or angle the camera so that it only captures footage of the kid throwing the rock and not where it lands. Then, pick up said rock and hit yourself on the head with it. Call the cops and say the kid threw the rock at you. :P

Seriously though, it sounds like you live in a shitty neighborhood. I don't think the cops will go out of their way to help you and your neighbors don't sound like the type who give a shit about others.

I had to deal with someone like that once when I was living in an apartment. She had a subwoofer pointed at our shared wall. I'd constantly come home to my pictures laying on the floor. I wrote her a friendly note asking her to move her subwoofer. She didn't. I brought cupcakes and asked if she could move her subwoofer. She simply turned it up and said she couldn't hear the sound system that was in her living room while she was taking a shower.

She'd play her music so loudly that I could hear it from rooms on the other side of the apartment from 7am to 11pm. She even had a dog in the building that barked 24/7 in a building that didn't allow dogs. Yet, because of the 24 hour entry rule, she always managed to hide her subwoofer or find someone to watch her dog for a day and say, "Oh, it wasn't me!"

I eventually got fed up with it, poured bacon grease in our shared plumbing so it had to be emergency augured from both units, bypassing the 24 hour entry rule. Called the office for maintenance while she was gone and ended up getting her evicted. Peace and quiet until I bought a home of my own.

Most importantly, keep an eye on your dog. If they're taunting it and throwing rocks at it while you're around, who knows what they're doing to it while you're not looking. When I was in high school, I had a dog, and these 10 year olds were shooting my dog with pellet guns. Since its highly frowned upon for a 16 year old to pummel the shit out of 10 year olds, I did the only logical thing one could do.

I paid a 12 year old $5 to beat the shit out of those kids.

Avatar image for fullmetal5550
#17 Posted by fullmetal5550 (347 posts) -

The first thing you want to do is buy some cocaine. After that sneak into your neighbor's house and get rid of all of their sugar. Casually talk to her and steer the direction of the conversation to talking about sugar, When she makes the passing comment about someone stealing her sugar offer her the cocaine (say it is sugar).

After she graciously accepts your sugar quickly go back inside your house and call the cops and tell them about your cocaine addicted neighbor.

Presto. She goes to prison for some odd many years and the kid gets put into a foster home far away from your house.

Avatar image for hailinel
#18 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

Touch their shoulders.

Avatar image for supersambo
#19 Posted by SuperSambo (3076 posts) -

Is he making a lot of noise?

Avatar image for theht
#21 Posted by TheHT (13940 posts) -

@Gumby said:

"Get off of my driveway"

Avatar image for galacticgravy
#22 Edited by GalacticGravy (665 posts) -

You might think of getting a "Beware of Dog" sign on your gate if you don't have one already. Even if your dog is really harmless.

You don't want that kid getting into your shit, getting bit (or faking it), telling his mom etc etc. If you have a sign it might at least help just in case. Grimy ass people like these love suing honest people. It's their favorite thing in the goddamn world.

Avatar image for snail
#23 Posted by Snail (8838 posts) -

I suggest punching them to the face.

Avatar image for therealmoot
#24 Posted by TheRealMoot (585 posts) -

@aaudioBusting yes, the mother is doing it as well!

@SuperSambo Nope. It's just two or three barks when they're in my driveway taunting him. Other dogs bark all day long and way louder! My dogs bark is kinda weak in comparison.

@Zelyre The cops busted all the crack heads last year. There was this big brown two story house that a dealer was using as a fortress, cops caught on and cleaned the place out. Had a grow up pop up recently but the house suddenly caught on fire! (Seriously I wasn't involved!)

Avatar image for aleryn
#25 Posted by Aleryn (718 posts) -

Talk to your local police department, if you haven't already.

Avatar image for jrinswand
#26 Posted by Jrinswand (1745 posts) -

Yo, don't do anything rash. I've seen (heard about, really) people poisoning other peoples' dogs with antifreeze, which dogs can't seem to keep from eating even though it is highly toxic to them, for almost no reason at all.

Avatar image for somedelicook
#27 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2353 posts) -

@Zelyre said:

Most importantly, keep an eye on your dog. If they're taunting it and throwing rocks at it while you're around, who knows what they're doing to it while you're not looking. When I was in high school, I had a dog, and these 10 year olds were shooting my dog with pellet guns. Since its highly frowned upon for a 16 year old to pummel the shit out of 10 year olds, I did the only logical thing one could do.

I paid a 12 year old $5 to beat the shit out of those kids.

I really hope you aren't joking.

Avatar image for noobsauceg7
#28 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1380 posts) -

I feel bad for you and your dog :( I would throw at rock at that fucking brat and his mother

Avatar image for sexytoad
#29 Posted by SexyToad (2939 posts) -

Simply show the police the tape if you catch them doing it again. The neighbors wouldn't be able to lie, not with that evidence. Then the police will deal with them.

Avatar image for nitrocore
#30 Edited by Nitrocore (367 posts) -

The answer might just be to get him to go inside whenever you see them go past, if you can. Or if you can catch them doing it, maybe your best bet is to report them to the police, or if it happens again, go around, knock on their door and tell them you'll report them to the police if they don't stop.

Hiring Clint Eastwood might also help, but then you've got the problem of getting rid of the bodies and it might be more hassle than it's worth.

Avatar image for intro
#31 Posted by Intro (1259 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Are you in America? Aim a gun at them.

If you're in America shoot the gun at them. No but seriously there's probably not much legally you can do except call the local police and tell them, then go from there.

If you decide to call the local authorities you might as well ask if some type of electric fence is legal. It probably won't help them being dicks, but it'll cheer you up if you get a video of one of those fuckers shocking themselves (yes I'm kidding about that).

Avatar image for therealmoot
#32 Posted by TheRealMoot (585 posts) -

@BoogieWithStu I have a "Guard dog on duty" sign. I asked the cops about the "Beware of dog" sign and they said not to put one up! There was a rash of people going into yards with that sign and suing the owners for improper sign usage or something. There was an incident where a group of people where breaking into yards (not in my neighborhood) that had "Beware of Dog" signs posted. They sued the owners of the yards for improper sign usage or something... But what should be noted is THAT THEY BROKE INTO THE PEOPLES YARDS!

My neighborhood is totally peaceful now outside of these incidents. Nothing like walking down the street and having people talking trash to my face and siding with psycho mom and kids.

And yeah, I talked to some neighbors and it turns out this woman is psychotic or something. It's rubbing off on her kids and the people around her.

Avatar image for girnblanston
#33 Posted by GirnBlanston (110 posts) -

That mother sounds like a real winner. But there's only one thing to do.

A series of childish pranks.

Avatar image for megalombax
#34 Posted by MegaLombax (457 posts) -

Unleash the hellhound upon these peasants.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
#35 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -

Call the police. If they are trespassing thats enough to get the cops down there. 

Avatar image for mirado
#36 Posted by Mirado (2258 posts) -

Buy a few guns and clean them everyday, outside (in your yard or front porch or whatever), in full view of the neighbors. Just keep doing it every day for weeks on end.

If they're stupid enough to fuck with the "crazy guy who owns a bunch of guns", then they deserve the inevitable shooting.

Avatar image for turtlebird95
#37 Posted by Turtlebird95 (3618 posts) -

Put your dog's poop in a bag and... 
 
Seriously though I'm guessing a polite visit to their house asking to leave your dog alone is out of the question.  Assuming you have decent cops who will actually listen to what you have to say (You said crackheads run amok so I'm guessing they don't go there much.) I'd show him/her the video and take it from there. These people sound like total shitheads, hope you get it sorted out.

Avatar image for akrid
#38 Posted by Akrid (1391 posts) -

@fullmetal5550 said:

The first thing you want to do is buy some cocaine. After that sneak into your neighbor's house and get rid of all of their sugar. Casually talk to her and steer the direction of the conversation to talking about sugar, When she makes the passing comment about someone stealing her sugar offer her the cocaine (say it is sugar).

After she graciously accepts your sugar quickly go back inside your house and call the cops and tell them about your cocaine addicted neighbor.

Presto. She goes to prison for some odd many years and the kid gets put into a foster home far away from your house.

Nice ironic twist on neighbor do-goodery, I like it.

Avatar image for hamst3r
#39 Posted by Hamst3r (5155 posts) -

Train your dog to stop barking.

Avatar image for dannye812
#40 Posted by dannye812 (16 posts) -

Rape and murder those little bastards! Nobody fucks with my dogs! If that's to extreme try getting in their faces or vandalism is always good too. Oh yeah also arson works really well.

Avatar image for aetheldod
#41 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Call the police. If they are trespassing thats enough to get the cops down there.

I agreee with this tresspasing is a criminal ofence and at least you can make their life miserable and maybe you could warn them about police intervention ... oh the surprise they will get >:3

Avatar image for hunter5024
#42 Posted by Hunter5024 (6676 posts) -

These guys sound like jerks, but I have to wonder how much noise your dog is making. I mean there are two sides to every story. Not that it excuses throwing a rock at the thing, but if that dog is constantly barking at everything that walks by, scaring the kids, and maybe even making it hard for them to sleep, as I've had neighbors dogs do, then maybe you're not such a good neighbor either.

Avatar image for therealmoot
#43 Posted by TheRealMoot (585 posts) -

My dog only barks when someone is directly at the gate, IE pizza delivery guy. If a random dog or cat runs by he does nothing. Just lays on the lawn, rolls around and licks his butt.

I've got a camera setup discretely in the back of a truck with tinted windows and another smaller one in my window. If they decide to be jerks again i'll catch them doing it. But judging by the previous minor incidents they do it on Wednesdays.

I'm not worried about anything coming out of this. Just some stupid mom raising her kids to be jerks.

And hey, S*** happens, i'll deal with it appropriately and by the law. Thanks for the advice and giggles.

Avatar image for living4theday258
#44 Posted by living4theday258 (694 posts) -

@Zelyre said:

@TheRealMoot said:

her child threw a large rock into my yard, at my dog and barely missing my truck!

telling me to make him shut the F up.

crack heads kept coming into my yard and breaking into my families cars to steal crap! One time one even broke into my house!

I'm thinking you need to get out of the neighborhood you live in. If the cops can't keep the crack heads out of your personal property, I don't think they have the desire to deal with asshole neighbors and kids that shouldn't have been brought into existence.

Either that, or angle the camera so that it only captures footage of the kid throwing the rock and not where it lands. Then, pick up said rock and hit yourself on the head with it. Call the cops and say the kid threw the rock at you. :P

Seriously though, it sounds like you live in a shitty neighborhood. I don't think the cops will go out of their way to help you and your neighbors don't sound like the type who give a shit about others.

I had to deal with someone like that once when I was living in an apartment. She had a subwoofer pointed at our shared wall. I'd constantly come home to my pictures laying on the floor. I wrote her a friendly note asking her to move her subwoofer. She didn't. I brought cupcakes and asked if she could move her subwoofer. She simply turned it up and said she couldn't hear the sound system that was in her living room while she was taking a shower.

She'd play her music so loudly that I could hear it from rooms on the other side of the apartment from 7am to 11pm. She even had a dog in the building that barked 24/7 in a building that didn't allow dogs. Yet, because of the 24 hour entry rule, she always managed to hide her subwoofer or find someone to watch her dog for a day and say, "Oh, it wasn't me!"

I eventually got fed up with it, poured bacon grease in our shared plumbing so it had to be emergency augured from both units, bypassing the 24 hour entry rule. Called the office for maintenance while she was gone and ended up getting her evicted. Peace and quiet until I bought a home of my own.

Most importantly, keep an eye on your dog. If they're taunting it and throwing rocks at it while you're around, who knows what they're doing to it while you're not looking. When I was in high school, I had a dog, and these 10 year olds were shooting my dog with pellet guns. Since its highly frowned upon for a 16 year old to pummel the shit out of 10 year olds, I did the only logical thing one could do.

I paid a 12 year old $5 to beat the shit out of those kids.

yea what he said get outta your neighborhood, and pay the local 12 year old.

Avatar image for justin258
#45 Posted by Justin258 (13947 posts) -

@Zelyre said:

@TheRealMoot said:

her child threw a large rock into my yard, at my dog and barely missing my truck!

telling me to make him shut the F up.

crack heads kept coming into my yard and breaking into my families cars to steal crap! One time one even broke into my house!

I'm thinking you need to get out of the neighborhood you live in. If the cops can't keep the crack heads out of your personal property, I don't think they have the desire to deal with asshole neighbors and kids that shouldn't have been brought into existence.

Either that, or angle the camera so that it only captures footage of the kid throwing the rock and not where it lands. Then, pick up said rock and hit yourself on the head with it. Call the cops and say the kid threw the rock at you. :P

Seriously though, it sounds like you live in a shitty neighborhood. I don't think the cops will go out of their way to help you and your neighbors don't sound like the type who give a shit about others.

I had to deal with someone like that once when I was living in an apartment. She had a subwoofer pointed at our shared wall. I'd constantly come home to my pictures laying on the floor. I wrote her a friendly note asking her to move her subwoofer. She didn't. I brought cupcakes and asked if she could move her subwoofer. She simply turned it up and said she couldn't hear the sound system that was in her living room while she was taking a shower.

She'd play her music so loudly that I could hear it from rooms on the other side of the apartment from 7am to 11pm. She even had a dog in the building that barked 24/7 in a building that didn't allow dogs. Yet, because of the 24 hour entry rule, she always managed to hide her subwoofer or find someone to watch her dog for a day and say, "Oh, it wasn't me!"

I eventually got fed up with it, poured bacon grease in our shared plumbing so it had to be emergency augured from both units, bypassing the 24 hour entry rule. Called the office for maintenance while she was gone and ended up getting her evicted. Peace and quiet until I bought a home of my own.

Most importantly, keep an eye on your dog. If they're taunting it and throwing rocks at it while you're around, who knows what they're doing to it while you're not looking. When I was in high school, I had a dog, and these 10 year olds were shooting my dog with pellet guns. Since its highly frowned upon for a 16 year old to pummel the shit out of 10 year olds, I did the only logical thing one could do.

I paid a 12 year old $5 to beat the shit out of those kids.

You sound like a very clever person.

Avatar image for ducksworth
#46 Posted by Ducksworth (671 posts) -

What is the moral level of the way you'd like to handle the situation? I'm sure if you want sweet sweet revenge the giantbomb community will rise to the occasion.

Avatar image for therealmoot
#47 Posted by TheRealMoot (585 posts) -

@Hunter5024 my dogs bark can only be heard from a house or two away, he's not loud. He only ever barks when someone is trying to get into the yard or is for example; throwing a rock at him. He's been trained as a guard dog since he was a puppy and is now 8 years old. I can't even get him to speak on command!

And these incidents have only happened as these particular children and mothers are walking home from the school bus drop off. I don't think I've ever scene them anywhere else in the neighborhood.

When the high school kids are running home, bicycling or skateboarding home he doesn't make a sound, just ignores them and rolls around in the flower garden. It's just that mom/kids of hers that have been messing with him.

And I don't blame them for being a little angry post school bus ride. Throughout middle and high school I had a 45 minute bus ride home, made me angry and bored as hell.

I've been talking to a few more of my neighbors and it looks like this woman is just stirring up trouble with everybody right now, she apparently got into a scrap with a few of the other neighbors and the cops are already watching her. I'm just going to chalk it up to her being a B*tch and leave it at that.

Avatar image for portis
#48 Posted by Portis (1295 posts) -

Sneak over to their house and put this banner up:

2337711-two_20bad_20neighbors.jpg

Seriously, though. Call the police next time -- they are trespassing.

Avatar image for catpowerd
#49 Posted by catpowerd (161 posts) -

@musclerider said:

Kidnap their kids, put them in burlap sacks, and throw them into a river.

I know we are just mucking around but I think it is disgusting that you would give such irresponsible advice.

You gotta set em on fire before you throw them into the river.

Avatar image for fullmetal5550
#50 Posted by fullmetal5550 (347 posts) -

@TheRealMoot:

Could you get a restraining order against the mother and her children? I think that may help solve the problem. If you can take pictures of them violation the restraining order.