Need Help Finding A Pop-up Ad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlaineBlaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

And not just any pop-up ad... there's a particular one.

I was trying to tell a guy at work about it and I'm not sure I'm doing it justice.

It looked like it was for some bullshit Adult World of Warcraft game. And the gist of the ad it was just the most desperate, transparent "warning". Like 'Warning, in this game you will have to team up with a sexy, angelic creature. Do you accept?' with like a fake yes/no prompt. And I know. Cause I clicked 'No' once. Because I just had to know how it would handle someone rejecting the pathetic fishing attempt.

I also want to say it asks 'Are you a boy or a girl', which is how we got onto the topic in the first place... but the ultra needy, fucking hack marketing team warning is the real winner.
At any rate, feel free to make a warranted value judgement about my life that I've been so exposed to a particular segment of adult advertising that I'm now seeking it out to share it with others.

Sound familiar to anyone else?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaggE

Aaaand now every possible sentence has been written. "I need help finding a pop-up ad" shall go down in the history books.

F'real though, sounds like Evony's infamous ad campaign.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

I think I've seen it and a dozen other similar ones as Bittorrent (strictly legal use) ads before.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What about the one where you had to beat Arnold Schwarzenegger in a weightlifting contest by clicking the button now!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Sounds like the "League of Angels" advertisement to me. I did a thing for a while where I collected terrible pop up ad's and reported (Not on this site) about how terrible the sites behind them were. Another game is coming to mind but I forget the name...

PS: I do not support this "Game" or the people / group behind it. If I remember correctly its either a bad match 3 game, terrible card game or an incredibly bad "MMO" ...with boobs.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I swear, I've seen literally dozens of "game" ads that match that description perfectly.

I have Adblock now so I haven't seen them in awhile though.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

As someone who pirates live sports from shady Russian websites I'd say I've seen a dozen different ones just like that in the last 6 months.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@shagge said:

Aaaand now every possible sentence has been written. "I need help finding a pop-up ad" shall go down in the history books.

Yeah, I was incredulous at first. I thought my eyes had deceived me or something.

@corevi said:

I think I've seen it and a dozen other similar ones as Bittorrent (strictly legal use) ads before.

Uh-huh.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@corevi said:

Uh-huh.

There are plenty of legal torrents. Even Humble Bundle gives you the option to download things that way.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@corevi said:
@believer258 said:

@corevi said:

Uh-huh.

There are plenty of legal torrents. Even Humble Bundle gives you the option to download things that way.

I know, I'm just picking.

BlaineBlaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shagge said:

Hmm it might have been an Evony ad...

No Caption Provided

Sounds like the "League of Angels" advertisement to me. I did a thing for a while where I collected terrible pop up ad's and reported (Not on this site) about how terrible the sites behind them were. Another game is coming to mind but I forget the name...

PS: I do not support this "Game" or the people / group behind it. If I remember correctly its either a bad match 3 game, terrible card game or an incredibly bad "MMO" ...with boobs.

But the 'angels' line makes me think it might be League of Angels.

I bet you I'll find it with one of those two.

I wanna thank you all for joining me in this little support group!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@blaineblaine: I think I know which one you are talking about, It said something along the the lines of "warning for men only" or something . Oddly enough I saw it on Polygon, but it doesn't seem to in rotation there at the moment.

never-mind I found by googling "Polygon hypocrisy"

No Caption Provided