#1 Posted by Protoroll (346 posts) -

I need a new phone for college, one with a good organizer that alerts me and good apps and web browser etc. I've narrowed it down to the G1 or the Nokia N85. If I knew more and android and if it's better that symbian that would be nice, but now I really need help see which has a better organizer.

#2 Posted by BlameTheGame (75 posts) -

Two words of amazing advice: No iphone

#3 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@Protoroll:
Pro tip, choose one that works.
#4 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

I don't know much about phones but I've heard good things about the G1, know a couple people who have them and are very happy with them.
Just don't be a sucker by buying an iPhone like everyone else.

#5 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Get an iPhone, you can wave it around and make lightsaber noises.

#6 Posted by Protoroll (346 posts) -

Note to everyone: There is no iphone in my future

#7 Posted by Akeldama (4255 posts) -

get a blackberry strorm. I have been very happy with mine. 

#8 Posted by Protoroll (346 posts) -

To all future posters. A G1 OR THE NOKIA N85. PLEASE STOP LISTING OTHER PHONES

#9 Posted by cdfishman (259 posts) -

i have always preferred nokias, and the N85 is a solid addition to the catalouge. but doesnt reinvent the N series in any way.

the G1 (to me) still remains cool but unproved, go with it if you fancy being slightly more adventurous.

and also depends on the deal you get for either phone :)
#10 Posted by CoverlessTech (749 posts) -

I'd get the G1.

#11 Posted by nima (108 posts) -

I dont understand why alot of people here hate the iphone. I have the iphone and to be honest, I love using it everyday. It really is a pleasure. So why all the negativity with the iphone?

#12 Edited by cdfishman (259 posts) -
@nima said:
" I dont understand why alot of people here hate the iphone. I have the iphone and to be honest, I love using it everyday. It really is a pleasure. So why all the negativity with the iphone? "
I don't know either, I've got one and its been nothing but a joy, but I respect other peoples opinions, its not for everyone.
#13 Posted by nima (108 posts) -
@cdfishman:
I realise people have their opinions but the way some people are saying "no iphone" makes me wonder why? iphone has been nothing but a joy to use so I cannot think why anyone would strongly not recommend it. someone please enlighten me.
#14 Edited by PartTimeNinja (344 posts) -

Well do you want a touch screen and a QWERTY keyboard? If yes, than I already answered your question.

And if you are wanting to use the Nokia N85 on on T-Mobile, the N85 doesn't support 1700 mhz (which is the signal that T-Moblile's 3G signal runs through). so if you got a Nokia N85 and you have T-Mobile, there would be no 3G.

But, of course, I'm no expert on this. So some stuff might be wrong.

#15 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

The G1 dude. I have one. Everything is basically synced. The calender, contacts, and some other stuff too. So basically if you add a contact to your gmail account on your computer it will do the same to your phone. And there's some pretty good apps on there. Especially games. Which some of them are free.

Oh yeah and if you have google chrome installed on your computer then whatever history or bookmarks you have on chrome will sync onto the browser on your phone.

#16 Posted by NickM (1085 posts) -
@nima said:
" @cdfishman: I realise people have their opinions but the way some people are saying "no iphone" makes me wonder why? iphone has been nothing but a joy to use so I cannot think why anyone would strongly not recommend it. someone please enlighten me. "
I'm just guessing its cool nowadays to dis whatever is popular. Oh well, their loss.