need help with insomnia

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sodiumCyclops

hey guys, im finding myself less and less tired each night and struggle to get to sleep.

Anyone got any suggestions? I know pot helps me sleep but im looking for another alternative as pot in New Zealand is rather expensive.

If it's any help it's mainly because i keep thinking about things over an over and can't clear my mind :(

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

Uh....sleeping pills maybe? I really don't know, plenty of time I barely get any sleep. Usually at a certain point I finally pass out though anyway, I've never took a single thing to assist myself in doing it either. I know some friends that always do when they have trouble sleeping, but I just usually deal with it and it happens eventually, even for just a small amount of time that then over a few days stacks up to an alright amount of sleep. Other times I have no problem getting 6+ hours of sleep easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have a suggestion..

GET OFF YOUR FUCKING COMPUTER FOR A FEW HOURS DURING THE DAY, DO SOMETHING PHYSICAL AND BY THE TIME YOU SHOULD BE GOING TO SLEEP YOU WILL BE TIRED AND READY TO SLEEP.

Failing that, try some some valium.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By Hamst3r

Listen to either the Sleepbot or Drone Zone radio streams and imagine that you're in another location. The location is up to you and where you think the ambience is. You could be walking through the scene of a movie. You could be on a cliff side in Tibet watching the sunset. Whatever really. Just go there and explore there and let the ambience reinforce the thoughts. Lose yourself in it and it'll just transition into your dream.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Granted, the way I put it was a bit stupid, but hey, I like to have fun. That said, my advice was sound. Getting out during the day and doing physical activities can wear you out and make you love the feeling of bed by the time you finally lie down.

My post wasn't meant to be taken seriously, which is why I put the extra little comment on the bottom. Lighten up!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

Get more exercise and take a valerian root supplement...then turn off your computer. You'll pass out fast. If that doesn't work, there is always Ambien. Ahh, Ambien.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By subject2change

Well while your post was kinda rude, it is the truth; exercise and activity in general help your body become tired.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By carlthenimrod

The best thing you can do is to go see a doctor. You might benefit from some anti-anxiety medications to help you relax and to not stress out so much, they helped me personally. But go see a doctor about it.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By subject2change

Start medicating yourself as a kid so you become dependent on them. If you go to a doctor tell him that you have trouble sleeping and say that you don't want to medicate yourself yet. Hopefully there is something you can change in your lifestyle.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By toowalrus

Put on the HotSpot...

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By raven_squad

I just simply set my television to shut off after about 60 minutes, and put it on the Discovery channel. It's interesting enough, keeps my mind focused on one thing, and yet it's dull enough to let me go to sleep after a while. 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By toowalrus
Meltbrain said:
"TooWalrus said:
"Put on the HotSpot..."
OH NO YOU DIDN'T!"
OK, sorry... the HotSpot is good entertainment hosted by entertaining personalities... ugh.
monkey_fluid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By monkey_fluid
The worst thing you can do is lie in bed for hours trying to get to sleep - it doesn't help and stuff will only keep circling round your mind more and more. Spending ages lying in bed waiting for the sun to rise can make some people become very depressed. You're better off out of bed; trying going for a walk, listening to music or watching a movie. Running for 20-30 minutes every day can help some people clear their mind - but not everyone. To make the night go quicker try TV shows, there's about 90 hours worth of Sopranos to eat your time up with