Need help with PayPal. Anybody had this issue?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShockD

I know most of you hate long stories so I'll try to explain it quickly.

I have a credit card attached to my account. Earlier this year I cancel my bank account and it's credit card. Now when I try to sign into my PayPal account it wants me to write down my credit card number for security reasons. Thing is, I can't because IT DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE. Apart from that I can't do anything else, I can't update my info, I can't deactivate my account I can't contact support because it still wants that damn code. So what now?

I really thought that PayPal are like a secure site and I'd be just fine working with them alas they got me stuck here for over a week and I can't find a solution so I'm writting on a video game forum. This is so ridiculous, if it wasn't them I'd think it's a scam asking me for my credit card number.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By audiosnow

I would try to contact the bank. You may need to walk into a physical branch with hard-copy proof of identity in order to make anything happen.

And I'm sure you know this, but just to reiterate: ensure the Paypal webpage you're on is digitally signed with Paypal, Inc.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the answer and it seems that what you offer is indeed my only option, which I won't take because it's too much of a hassle instead of making a new e-mail and account.

Apparently I'm not the only one. A lot of people complain of this and, as seen, PayPal doesn't help a bit. What conclusion I can make is that I shouldn't use PayPal anymore as it can put me in really frustrating situations. I don't know what were they thinking introducing these security measures but I sure as hell won't trust them again as so far they've caused me only trouble. Don't even understand why is this site so popular...