Needs MOAR Gigabytes!!

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

With this new functionality available with the New XBox Experience, where you can copy some parts of the games onto the 360's hard drive for faster loading times and quieter (is that even a word?) gameplay, my trusty ol' 20 Gb HD just doesn't cut it anymore.  So, with that said, I'm looking to buy a brand-spanking new 120 Gb HD in the very near future.  I'm shocked that it's lasted me this long.  I still have a whoping 6.1 Gb of free disk space on there, which is quite a lot to be honest.  However, I did have to delete some game saves, themes and gamer pictures to obtain enough space to download a movie onto my 360 the other day.  Man are those suckers huge!  I also have a ton of Rock Band DLC on there which takes up a whole hell of a lot of space.  So, if there ever was a time to buy a new hard drive, the time is now.

Another thing that baffles me about my trusty 360 is that it's never died on me once (knock on wood).  After hearing left and right about people getting the Red Rings of Death and having to replace their systems once, twice, three times (a ladaaaaaaaaaaaaay), I feel blessed by the video game Gods that mine hasn't failed on me.  I bought my system in August of 2006 and it has never left my house since.  What's my secret?  I have no idea.  I make sure no dust is on the cover, that it has plenty of air to "breathe", that it is always horizontal and that the huge battery pack isn't cluttered with wires or anything else.  Nothing too spectacular, but I guess it's worked so far.

Any of you guys changing your hard drives because of this new functionality?

*knocks on wood again*

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By DBoy

With this new functionality available with the New XBox Experience, where you can copy some parts of the games onto the 360's hard drive for faster loading times and quieter (is that even a word?) gameplay, my trusty ol' 20 Gb HD just doesn't cut it anymore.  So, with that said, I'm looking to buy a brand-spanking new 120 Gb HD in the very near future.  I'm shocked that it's lasted me this long.  I still have a whoping 6.1 Gb of free disk space on there, which is quite a lot to be honest.  However, I did have to delete some game saves, themes and gamer pictures to obtain enough space to download a movie onto my 360 the other day.  Man are those suckers huge!  I also have a ton of Rock Band DLC on there which takes up a whole hell of a lot of space.  So, if there ever was a time to buy a new hard drive, the time is now.

Another thing that baffles me about my trusty 360 is that it's never died on me once (knock on wood).  After hearing left and right about people getting the Red Rings of Death and having to replace their systems once, twice, three times (a ladaaaaaaaaaaaaay), I feel blessed by the video game Gods that mine hasn't failed on me.  I bought my system in August of 2006 and it has never left my house since.  What's my secret?  I have no idea.  I make sure no dust is on the cover, that it has plenty of air to "breathe", that it is always horizontal and that the huge battery pack isn't cluttered with wires or anything else.  Nothing too spectacular, but I guess it's worked so far.

Any of you guys changing your hard drives because of this new functionality?

*knocks on wood again*

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By HairyMike87

I would get a 60gb but i don't know if they sell them individually yet. I think 120gb is a little too much.

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By hexogen

I already have an Elite, so I'm good to go. Of course, I don't know whether I'll actually bother installing any games. The noise from the disc drive doesn't really bother me, and apart from a few games, load times don't seem to decrease enough to make installing the game worth it. Maybe in the future more games will be built to take advantage of installs, in which case I'd be glad to give up some of my hard drive space.

Gigastormz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Gigastormz

I probably should get a new hard drive, but don't have the money at the moment.  I just cleared 4 gigs of music I had on mine so now I have close to 10 gigs again.  I just got the NXE tonight and I must say, it is awesome!!  Streaming a movie right now from Netflix (Ice Pirates) and looks suprisingly very, very good on my 47" HD TV.  Did you know you can also delete your Zero gamerscore games from your history?  Meaning any game you did not get an achievement in (like xbl arcade demos) you can delete that from your achievement history.  Very cool feature that no one is talking about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I am getting a 120 GB Hard Drive for my 360 this Christmas. It will be needed.

AlexMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexMarra

I was really excited about being able to upload games to the 360's hard drive until I learned each game averaged around 5-6 gigs. My eyes kind of fell out of my head at that point.

Supercoolbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Supercoolbro

60'll do yer tank some good it will.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MsCortana

Yeah, I deleted quite a few saves the other day and cleaned up about two gigs on my hard drive.  I'm definitely in the market for a new hard drive as well.  Just an FYI to anyone that has played Oblivion....I had 1.2 gigs of saves with Oblivion and I simply couldn't believe it, none of my other saves come close to using that much space, so if you need a little extra space on the hard drive....delete Oblivion. ;)

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By lordofultima

Not worth it, just my views i give 20gb fast score 8.3 thanks

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By adam_grif

Mmmn, this 320 GB hard drive that I payed 90 Australian dollars for sure is great to have. Can get a 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) hard drive Hard Drive for 150 AU.

Microsoft is really, really stingy when it comes to their HDD. PS3 is slightly better, except they force you to use Laptop hard drives.

I'd prefer them to let you use either or next time for all consoles, even if you have to have it as an external add-on, for size reasons.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Red

I'll get a 120gb or 60gb hard drive so I can actually download HD movies.
Anyone have any idea on how to transfer your files?

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, to 60 GB. 120 GB is a rip off since I can't stand paying out that much for something proprietary. I could get a PC hard drive of that storage for much cheaper. I'm only getting 60 GB since it comes with 3 months on Xbox LIVE Gold. Just think - is this hard drive going to work on a future hard drive? It's purely designed just to work on Xbox 360 and so they'll be churning more money from us when they bring out their next console.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crunchUK

i just got a 20gb refurb and the previous owner had the kindness to leave me a shit load of arcade games and demos lol... or is it MS promotion/advertsing?

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By ElectricHaggis

I probably won't get a bigger HD, I don't download that much stuff.  As for the faster load times, less noice etc,  they don't really bother me enough to shell out for a hard drive.  I can't bring myself to delete saves.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Quadrifoglio

I had a 360 once, and it worked absolutely perfectly. Sure, it was fucking loud, but it worked. Then, I had to move to a different house. I even packed the fucker in towels and put it in a seperate box, but it still died on me.

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By darro

I need to get one myself since I have over 2gb left mainly because of game saves and DLC. 

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have about 5 gigs left on my hard drive at the moment, the number will increase once my Left 4 Dead demo is deleted....The only feature I'm looking forward to in the NXE is the 8 person chat....me and my friends have been clamoring for that ever since we first got 360's.

stevieq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By stevieq

I'm considering it

BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BraindeadRacr

I would have to get one eventually. I'm down to 5.1GB.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By RenegadeSaint

I'm strongly considering upgrading to an Elite for the larger hard drive and HDMI output.  Decisions, decisions.  I wasn't even excited about putting games on the hard drive, but all of the sudden I'm all about it.

pill92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By pill92

Not changing hard drive and really don't care about NXE but its a welcome edition i guess.

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By Stealthoneill

I have enough space to install one game at a time. I will be picking up the 120 at some point, but they are so damn expensive. Considering the price of regular External hard drives have plummeted im shocked the xbox hard drives havent followed suit.