Neighbours dog ran into house, threated cats and mum. Can I...

• 64 results
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Sambambo

Can I get the thing put down?

The dog is obviously out of control, it ran around MY HOUSE, chased the cats around and scared my mum to a point where when it was gone she was shaking, is barking right now, and the owners just laughed.

This isnt a small dog, could easily kill someone, and is obviously out of control

I wanna kill the thing. Is there anyway I can get it put down for this?

I am so damn angry right now...

Arzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Arzen
@SuperSambo:  I'd be more interested in seeing if you can have your neighbors put down.  You can place only so much blame on the dog if the owners are that irresponsible and don't control their animal. 

Out of curiosity, how the hell did it get into your house in the first place?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Call animal control. They'll deal with it if they aren't incompetent.

electricfuzz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By electricfuzz9

if it attacks a person or it attacks and kills one of your cats on your property, then you can call animal control i would think.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By keyhunter

With all the dogs that get killed in korea every day, it only seems fair that dogs get to maul a human occasionally.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ryanwho

You want to kill the dog for wondering into your house? Seems like the problem is you leaving your doors open.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Whisperkill

If it actually hurts someone, yes you can have it killed

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sambambo

It broke the side gate, and the back door was open as my mum had stepped outside.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince
@natetodamax said:
" Call animal control. They'll deal with it if they aren't incompetent. "
This.
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sambambo
@ryanwho said:
" You want to kill the dog for wondering into your house? Seems like the problem is you leaving your doors open. "
I guess I should use the cat flap everytime I enter the garden then?
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't have the dog killed. I will be very sad if you do.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus

Ha, a little beagle came THROUGH our dog-door the other day. I ran upstairs to find two dogs barking at each other, it was so funny.

Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By psyborg0815

Was it the first time it did something like that? If so, you're just overreacting and "It's a big dog and could easily kill someone" is stupid, because the size says nothing about its personality.
Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#14  Edited By Jazz

Did it hurt anyone? 
If yes, then you can. 
If no, then its the owners problem. 
If you try and get the dog put down just because it scared your mother and your cats..thats a bit extreme. 
If its out of control, its not the dog, its the owner. 

wait..you want to kill it because it ran round your house? 
You have serious anger management problems.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't understand how a dog can break into your house, show us some pictures of this savage beast.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sambambo
@psyborg0815 said:

" Was it the first time it did something like that? If so, you're just overreacting and "It's a big dog and could easily kill someone" is stupid, because the size says nothing about its personality. "

If it was a chiwawa then I wouldent have cared. From what I can tell it is an American Staffordshire Terrier. Big = more dangerous.

And yes it was the first time. If it happens again im gonna kill the thing myself, but I wanted to know if I could stop it happening again.
lolicanseeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lolicanseeyou
@SuperSambo: dont kill it give it a hug
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sambambo
@Jazz said:
" Did it hurt anyone? If yes, then you can. If no, then its the owners problem. If you try and get the dog put down just because it scared your mother and your cats..thats a bit extreme. If its out of control, its not the dog, its the owner.  wait..you want to kill it because it ran round your house? You have serious anger management problems. "
Ran around my house, would have killed my cats if my mum hadnt chased it, and would have attacked my mum if my stepdad didnt step in.
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sambambo

It seems that I cannot get it putdown unless it caused a certain amount of harm, which it did not acheive.

Thanks for the help.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Icil
@SuperSambo said:

"scared my mum to a point where when it was gone she was shaking "

Call the cops on them (non-emergency). The dog broke your fence (destruction of property) and the owners don't care about the dog freaking your mom out (emotional trauma). Those owners need to be put in their place.

Edit: I should add that you should confront the neighbors and demand they fix your shit and apologize.
uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By uniform

The problem here is the neighbors that have no control over the animal. They really laughed? What ever their reaction, I'd be taking the issue straight to them. I have it good. My neighbors apologized when their dog ran on my driveway.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By xyzygy

Kill him. Kill him dead. 

like with a rock or something

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Arbie

Whoa, wait, it ran around YOUR HOUSE, maybe the dog missed the sign outside? 

You're problem is not with the dog, it's with the owners. If you can get this dog killed for something as little as this, I want to know when I can start putting down human scum that attack other humans, or break into their property, that's only fair, right? 

You want to sort this, don't take this out on the dog, you're problem is with the owners, so deal with them. Oh and also, this dog didn't attack anyone in that house, not the cats, or your mother right? So I can hardly see it as being such a huge threat, it's size doesn't matter, isn't that what men are always telling themselves anyway? It's not the size that matters it's what you do with it that counts?

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By VWGTI
@natetodamax said:
" Call animal control. They'll deal with it if they aren't incompetent. "
Yep, simple as that really. Those guys deal with shit like this all of the time.
Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By psyborg0815
@SuperSambo:
Big != more dangerous. Even if you hear about bulldogs/whatever killing children, it's the all owners fault, because dogs are not born as baby killing beasts.  
If you think that the owner is not capable of taking care of his dog, you should get this "animal control" or whatever it's called involved and get the dog taken away from him.  
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@ryanwho said:
" You want to kill the dog for wondering into your house? Seems like the problem is you leaving your doors open. "
This x1,000.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Just call animal control to catch the damn thing or leave open the front door until it leaves. At least it's not a racoon.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jazz said:
" Did it hurt anyone? If yes, then you can. If no, then its the owners problem. If you try and get the dog put down just because it scared your mother and your cats..thats a bit extreme. If its out of control, its not the dog, its the owner.  wait..you want to kill it because it ran round your house? You have serious anger management problems. "
No, i think i would be pretty pissed if a huge dog ran in my house and scared my family and the owner didn't acknowledge it.
Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jrad
@psyborg0815: It's extraordinarily difficult to retrain a dog once it's been treated badly -- animal control usually puts them down.
If the owners are the way they seem to be, (laughing when their dog breaks into someone's house) ideally they'd both go. It's not the fault of the dog, but ultimately you still need to deal with it.

Dangerous, unrestrained animals need to be dealt with. Maybe I'm biased; I've lost too many cats to dogs, but if a neighbour's dare enter my lawn unsupervised, it's not going to last.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Wait wait wait, the dog ran into your house and... ? It just ran into your house...and you want it dead? You're an asshole dude, a complete and total asshole.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ryanwho
@SuperSambo said:
" @ryanwho said:
I guess I should use the cat flap everytime I enter the garden then? "
Just close the door once you're outside. This isn't rocket science, everyone else in the neighborhood has figured out this concept.
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sambambo
@AlwaysAngry said:
" Wait wait wait, the dog ran into your house and... ? It just ran into your house...and you want it dead? You're an asshole dude, a complete and total asshole. "
and tryed to kill my cats and attack my mum.

Yeah I want the thing killed and if that makes me an asshole is your eyes I dont give a crap.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@SuperSambo said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Wait wait wait, the dog ran into your house and... ? It just ran into your house...and you want it dead? You're an asshole dude, a complete and total asshole. "
and tryed to kill my cats and attack my mum.  Yeah I want the thing killed and if that makes me an asshole is your eyes I dont give a crap. "
How did I try to kill your cats and attack your "mum?" Was it growling and nipping, or was it just running around?
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Capum15
@ryanwho said:
" @SuperSambo said:
" @ryanwho said:
I guess I should use the cat flap everytime I enter the garden then? "
Just close the door once you're outside. This isn't rocket science, everyone else in the neighborhood has figured out this concept. "
This. I'm sure it's not that hard to turn around and close the door.

@SuperSambo: Dude, if it's that bad just call animal control and explain the situation. Sounds like an overreaction to me, but whatever. Just call them and get over it.
Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jrad

If you're seriously concerned about it happening again, buy some hollow dog treats. Pack them full of baker's chocolate and hide them around your yard, in bushes, etc. It's a great deterrent.

Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sadisticham

Tell your mother to grow a spine. Wanting a poor animal dead because it got in your house. The fact no one got hurt is proof enough the thing means absoluteley no harm to anyone because if it had wanted to attack it would of done.

How did it get in there? Perhaps it was chasing your damn cats that just crapped in it's garden. I know my neighbours stinking cats keep crapping in our garden and i happily let my dog out to scare them off.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By luce

Sounds like your beef is with the dog's owners rather than the dog itself

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sambambo
The discussion on my end is over. I was more pissed off than I ever have been, mainly at the reaction of the owner after he had seen the effect it had on my mum.

Killing the thing may have been an overreaction, but if it had done the same thing to 3 things you loved, doesnt matter if it wasnt physical but emotional, im sure you would have wanted to kill it at that point in time.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jimbo

You ought to be able to leave your door open without fear of your neighbours pet wandering into your house - particularly if it's a potentially dangerous pet.  Just straight up tell them "Control your animal, or I'll control it for you".  Note that this also works with errant children.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Marcsman

American Staffordshire Terrier. Big = more dangerous 
Only in hype. The American Stafforshire Terrier aka The Pitbull males weigh about 45 -60 pounds and are considered medium sized dogs. They are way over rated. You should be glad it was not a German Shepherd instead.  There's a reason they are police dogs. But what do I expect form some one who calls themselves Super Sambo which I find more offensive than you getting bit by a Pit Bull
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By Ravenousrattler

if this is a common thing, than you could probably get the dog taken away from the negligent owner. But to have it killed it actually has to bite or wound you or your animals.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jimbo said:
" You ought to be able to leave your door open without fear of your neighbours pet wandering into your house - particularly if it's a potentially dangerous pet.  Just straight up tell them "Control your animal, or I'll control it for you".  Note that this also works with errant children. "
Exactly, the argument "DER CLOSE THE DOOR" Is fucking dumb, he shouldn't have to live in fear of never having the door opened more than 30 seconds because some dumbass owner can't control their dog.  If a dog ran in my house and tried to hurt my dog or a family member, I would beat the thing to where it couldn't leave without some help.  I love dogs, but not one running rampant through my house trying to kill my pets or hurt my family.  Anyways, I would do like several people have said, call animal control or the police on your neighbors.
lazyartist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lazyartist

you should leave the dog's head at your neighbor's front door. see if he's still laughing

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#44  Edited By Jazz
@masterpaperlink:  
sure, at the owners. Not the dog. 
Killing something because it annoyed you and gave you a shock is a rather slapdash way of reacting to something, and you're killing someones pet. 
Imagine if it had been the other way round. Dude obviously doesn't like dogs and has a questionable understanding of how to react to something properly. 
Death is always the last option, not the first thing you do.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Your mum sounds like one of those people that freak out and cry if a dog sniffs their crotch.  Also, if a dog can break through your gate...well then it isn't much of a gate now is it?  City people...     

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sambambo
@Marcsman said:
"Super Sambo which I find more offensive than you getting bit by a Pit Bull "
My name is Sam and I get called Sambo by friends, in a non racial way. 

Sambo isnt only a racial slur, it is also a form of martial arts and a popular name in parts of the world, but if you wanna jump on the racial slur, go ahead...
crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By crusnchill

The thing that everybody seems to forget is that dogs aren't supposed to be off their leads when their owners are walking them, unless they're in a wide open park area. 
The fact that this dog is off its lead is a big deal in a case like this. 
Make sure you mention this when you call animal control up. 
It'll make the owners look really really bad.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sambambo
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" Your mum sounds like one of those people that freak out and cry if a dog sniffs their crotch. "
She was almost killed by a dog when she was younger, my brother was almost killed by a dog when he was younger and just as she got over her fear (or phobia as it were) she was attacked again.

I think she has a right to be scared of them. It tried to bite her today, but mised twice, and is the same breed as the one who attacked her.
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@SuperSambo said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" Your mum sounds like one of those people that freak out and cry if a dog sniffs their crotch. "
She was almost killed by a dog when she was younger, my brother was almost killed by a dog when he was younger and just as she got over her fear (or phobia as it were) she was attacked again.  I think she has a right to be scared of them. It tried to bite her today, but mised twice, and is the same breed as the one who attacked her. "
Sue for damages to the gate. Call the police and report the owner *Leash law* and tell the police you are worried for your safety and others safety. 
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Marcsman

Death is always the last option, not the first thing you do.  

I agree. I wonder Sambo if you could actually watch an animal get put to sleep? I really doubt it, trust me it ain't pretty