Neill Blomkamp making the next Alien film.

• 66 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By NTM

@jesushammer: I think that's what's great about Alien and Aliens. It shouldn't be another Alien. While they have many things in common, the tone is just as great in my opinion, but very different, as one is more quiet, isolated horror, and another is more intense action. I love both of the atmospheres. It gets the sci-fi setting down, as if it were 57 years later. Three tried to go back to Alien in a way, but it didn't do it well I think.

@ezekiel: I think if it weren't for the majority of dumb characters, some weird character interactions, and some bad dialogue, Prometheus would be as good as Alien and Aliens to me. The idea is very interesting to me. I love that they have taken a good universe, but are expanding on it beyond just the normal 'xenomorph is bad, and it will kill you' kind of story.

@probablytuna: Same universe, but it goes its separate way, which I actually really appreciate. Furthermore, no, both of them are being made. Prometheus 2 is still happening, this is also happening. It's pretty cool I think.

@mechakirby: That's fine I suppose. I just didn't like the tone they took them in terms of characters and setting, so for me, it doesn't help, but tarnish a fantastic universe. I liked Prometheus, I'm talking about three and Resurrection. I think three is better than Resurrection though.

@rollingzeppelin: Hm. That's the second time I've seen someone spell Xenomorph with a z.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Corevi

Can't be worse than Alien Resurrection so I'll give it a shot.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a big fan of District 9, and had such high hopes for Elysium (although that proved to be a massive disappointment), so I'm optimistic about this news. If nothing else, I trust Blomkamp's abilities as a director--so even if it winds up being rubbish, it will at least be gorgeously shot rubbish (you know, like most of Ridley Scott's movies that aren't Alien or Blade Runner).

Also I picked up the Alien Quadrology blu rays a while back and holy shit Alien is such a good movie--and the Assembly Cut of Alien 3 is shockingly good (part of me likes it slightly more than Aliens, to be honest, but Aliens is a great action movie). I haven't had the heart to watch Alien Resurrection though, I just don't think I could take it--or maybe it's better than I remember? Who knows.

Either way, I just picked up a copy of Alien: Isolation on the cheap yesterday so I'm all set for Alien-related things until this new movie happens (assuming it actually happens).

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I'm a big fan of District 9, and had such high hopes for Elysium (although that proved to be a massive disappointment), so I'm optimistic about this news.

I think District 9 is a true classic. I also had high hopes for Elysium, but that turned out to be a pretty bad movie. Put these together and I'm not sure how I feel about this Alien news. Hopeful but nervous, I guess.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

People dissing Prometheus could check this clip out. One of the most misunderstood big movies in recent times.

Loading Video...

Nope, not one bit of the makes the film seem good or make more sense.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we all agree Chappie looks like a "gritty" remake of Short Circuit right down to the Fisher Stevens stand-in who creates Chappie?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ford_dent: What made you wait to pick up Isolation? It's a really great game; my favorite of last year in fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@rebel_scum said:

@turtlebird95 said:

That's cool. Blomkamp is definitely a good pick for an Alien movie.

But it's still not that goddamn District 9 sequel so... *Grumble Grumble*

Why would you want a sequel to District 9? Wasn't one perfect movie enough? The style would lose its charm if they did a sequel.

Because the set up was there, and if Blomkamp is to be believed he seems to want to have it be made. I don't see how the original would lose its charm if they made a sequel and it sucked. Most of the Alien movies are shit but people still love the original.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Time and money--I try very hard to only drop a certain amount of money on games each month, and Isolation had the misfortune of coming out along with a bunch of other AAA games that I picked up instead. I always meant to go back and grab Isolation, but there was always something else I meant to pick up first, and then my budget for the month would be spent and I'd have to push it off for another month. Plus I'm not usually into the whole survival horror thing (Dead Space and Resident Evil games don't count), so there was some reticence on my part to spend big money on a game I might wind up not enjoying at all. I'm way less conflicted about dropping $25 on a game I might not like than dropping $50-60, you know?

I'm gonna jump into it tonight and see how it plays--the aesthetic is gorgeous, and I like the premise--I just hope that my usual experience (boot game, start playing, get super-stressed, turn off game, never play again) doesn't hold true.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

District 9 is one of my favorite films so I'm happy.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I don't like District 9 but cool to see someone doing a new Alien, I'm sure he'll do great.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just don't make it a metaphor for South Africa or give the Alien feelings, please.

"You Colonial Marines were hounding out a single mother. Shame on you. <turns to the audience>"

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've still never seen any of the Alien films. I feel I should let you people know this.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I updated the original post. I guess this is going to take place after Aliens.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#65  Edited By big_jon

Awesome

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: You should see the first two (and I would say Prometheus as well).