• 159 results
anarchyzombie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By anarchyzombie9

I had an account there through some rather nefarious means. It's an awful fucking place. I got banned for telling a mod a fact about the original Fallout games to which he responded with something along the lines of "YOU SAY ME DUMB! NO YOU DUMB! ME MOD! UGHGHHHHH PRETENTIOUS MOD FOR THE PITCHFORK OF GAMES GET BANHAMMER NOW!" So yeah, we don't go there anymore.

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Noodles
@ArchScabby said:
" I think the fact that you have to apply just to post on their site means it's a site, and people that I don't want to be around. "
Took the words out of my fingers. It's pretty much catering to elitist assholes, and from the threads I've read on there, that is exactly what that site has become.
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I got my account accepted after 2 days. I never understood why some people have to wait so long :S

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By 1p

I must be on some sort of blacklist. Can't get an account approved for the life of me.

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By sjosz

Why go to NeoGAF with its silly rules when you can stick around on GiantBomb and have a good time? I hear there's even some game developers that post here, too.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By Hamst3r
@Sweep:  Make them accept my account, it's been 5 months. I know you can do it! I mean, you're Sweep!
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Red12b
@Sjosz:  
and Ice T has an account,
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#58  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@Hamst3r said:
" @Sweep:  Make them accept my account, it's been 5 months. I know you can do it! I mean, you're Sweep! "
Your sarcasm is not appreciated :'(
fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By fjordson
@Sweep said:
" I got my account accepted after 2 days. I never understood why some people have to wait so long :S "
Grrr, jealous. Been almost 6 months for mine.
rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By rawrnosaurous

What? Your telling me people who make video games also post on GAF?  

Fuck this i'm going to GAF where the cool kids are!

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61  Edited By Hamst3r
@Sweep said:
" @Hamst3r said:
" @Sweep:  Make them accept my account, it's been 5 months. I know you can do it! I mean, you're Sweep! "
Your sarcasm is not appreciated :'( "
*cuddles with Sweep* I didn't mean no harm, Sweepie.
rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By rawrnosaurous

I'm back they didn't want me there QQ

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By EvilTwin
Sadaiyappan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Sadaiyappan

I think it took a few weeks for my account to be approved.  I wrote them an e-mail about games, poorly written BTW but they approved me anyways.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By Lukeweizer

Wait... you have to APPLY to be a member on Neo Gaf?

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By rawrnosaurous
@EvilTwin:  

They looked into my soul, i'm a PC user so i'm not chic enough to be on their forums. 
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By artofwar420

It took me like 5 months to get approved. They also smell desperation so be careful.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It took over a year for them to approve my account (and it was over 2 years ago that that happened, so who knows how bad their registration has become since then). I have no idea why GAF is so popular, their email rules and the huge amount of time it takes to get an account approved make it a pain in the ass to register. I'm fine with strict rules on forums, but there comes a point where you're screwing over new users by making it nuisance for them to register, and it becomes an elite club.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By FourWude
@MattyFTM:

I had mine accepted a few years back in under 24 hours. Then I proceeded to say some flamebait shit and never went back there again. The whole place you have to tip-toe around like you're walking on diamond encrusted egg shells, because the threat of the banhammer is ever looming. It's trolling for example, to go onto a specific game thread and say you don't like it.

NeoGaf is partly popular BECAUSE it's elitist. Like that countryside golf course which is small and a bit shit, but only the cream of society is allowed in. In NeoGaf's case, they try to keep trolls and fanboys out, mostly unsuccessfully.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Gizmo

Man, fuck Neogaf if this is true.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PixelPrinny
@Sweep said:
" I got my account accepted after 2 days. I never understood why some people have to wait so long :S "
Me too @.@
metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By metal_mills
@MattyFTM said:

" It took over a year for them to approve my account (and it was over 2 years ago that that happened, so who knows how bad their registration has become since then). I have no idea why GAF is so popular, their email rules and the huge amount of time it takes to get an account approved make it a pain in the ass to register. I'm fine with strict rules on forums, but there comes a point where you're screwing over new users by making it nuisance for them to register, and it becomes an elite club. "

I was accepted in like 3 months. I guess I got lucky. GAF is popular because it's simple and where a lot of developers ended up posting for some reason. It seems there are people in contact with nearly every area of gaming on that forum and would be the most influential gaming site around. The site while being pretty stupid with its banning's and approval waiting times iis actually a great site.

I've actually seen more posts by Brad on GAF than on here.
DoubleAgent50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DoubleAgent50

The slow registrations are not because of "application" this or "popular" that.   It's because they hate their members.  They're afraid if they let in a whole lot of people, they'll be letting in people who they've banned, wrongly.  It really is that simple.  There's a former NeoGAF moderator, m3wthr33, who runs his own twitter and he's been hitting them on this stuff for a year.   

Normal websites, normal people do not treat members like this.  They don't treat guests like this.

DoubleAgent50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DoubleAgent50

Do not stick up for them, they would disrespect you and then make a joke about how gullible you are.  They do it all the time.  Those people would disrespect you just like they've disrespected hundreds of their own members.

But if you do want to defend them, know that they're guilty of what I'm saying and you're sticking up for the bad guys.  The people who need to be defended are the hundreds of their own members who they regularly treat like crap.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PillClinton

the whole exclusive elitist shroud of secrecy thing really makes me despise neogaf quite a bit. 

Dawglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#77  Edited By Dawglet
@Insectecutor said:
" I think the fact that you have to apply just to post on their site means it's a site, and people that I don't want to be around. "
Well that's pretty defeatist. Good luck when you're out to get into a university or get that job or promotion you want because if you're the kind of guy who breaks down at a hurdle that requires you to do nothing more than send an email and wait then god knows how you'll fare on the bigger challenges in life. "
It's a fucking forum about video games.
p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By p_p_o_d

I was a member of neogaf but got banned for making a joke about the gamepro artical about the site last year. 

I posted something silly like "man those magazine people really are desperate  for a story ;)" 

permabanned by Evilore himeself :D   

sarcasm is my greatest weakness.  I just cant help it sometimes.       

I would sign up again but with so many weird Pedo and piracy threads on there recently I dont I think want my email attached to them when the feds show up.   

No Problems with waiting for a account to be activated but the mods on the site are a bit weird.  posting anything that isnt left wing in the political thread seems to be a bannable offence while on the other hand the creapy lust after underage girl thread is growing and growing and not even a temp ban has happened.     I just dont "get it"   

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@p_p_o_d said:
" while on the other hand the creapy lust after underage girl thread is growing and growing and not even a temp ban has happened. "
There are a lot of sexually driven threads on NeoGAF that make me facepalm, but the particular one you're mentioning is sincerely disturbing. It's pretty messed up.
Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Insectecutor
@Dawglet said:
" @Insectecutor said:
Well that's pretty defeatist. Good luck when you're out to get into a university or get that job or promotion you want because if you're the kind of guy who breaks down at a hurdle that requires you to do nothing more than send an email and wait then god knows how you'll fare on the bigger challenges in life. "
It's a fucking forum about video games. "
True. The "people that I don't want to be around" part bothered me, though. I don't see how someone who's willing to do a tiny bit of work to get into a video game forum is someone you wanna avoid by default. They just like video games a lot.
WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#81  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

I didn't realise that membership was so stringent over there, makes me feel kind of  privileged to have a login now :0

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#82  Edited By Hailinel
@Insectecutor said:
" @Dawglet said:
" @Insectecutor said:
It's a fucking forum about video games. "
True. The "people that I don't want to be around" part bothered me, though. I don't see how someone who's willing to do a tiny bit of work to get into a video game forum is someone you wanna avoid by default. They just like video games a lot. "
It's the notion that you have to apply to be accepted into their treehouse club for no other reason than to join in on the discussions.  It might as well be run by Calvin and Hobbes.
AcciDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AcciDante

It's not like you're submitting a resume filled with personal info that they then use to decide whether you are worthy or not.  You sign up for an account like any other forum, then they activate accounts every now and then.  The only requirement is that you can't have a free email account, which helps prevent spam.  And what is all this secrecy bullshit you're talking about?  Anyone can go on the forums and read everything posted.

Stop being such babies.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Quit your whining about not getting a membership.I haven't got mine yet :V.Also hi to the people on neogaf reading this.:V

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By jmfinamore

Like people have said, you register and then wait. It's not some crazy thing. I got my account activated after a few months.  The forum has some cool stuff on it, like the great "artshots" threads, aggregation of news, and some of the more insightful game discussion around. BUT the people their are incredibly elitist and hive-like. If you don't "get" their awful indie game then they won't like you. I browse the site every once in a while, but that's pretty much it. 

hamchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By hamchan

I'd like to confirm a few things. 

Yes, we have a secret forum at NeoGAF not viewable to the public. 
Yes, we mock lower beings who aren't in GAF, like some of you in this thread, in this secret forum. 
Yes, we are better than you.

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#87  Edited By s7evn

I have an account, but I haven't visited in months.

nmarchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By nmarchan

I don't see why you guys are hating on neogaf.  If not for how hard a bunch of dudes over there pimp Giant Bomb (seriously there are like two or three separate ongoing threads about things on the site) , I never would have even come here and become a paying member.

hamchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By hamchan
@nmarchan: Yep, I would have never come here if it wasn't for that quick look thread on GAF.
A_Person

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By A_Person

I wish I was lucky enough for someone to give me their neogaf account. I have tried 3 different emails that are accepted(according to their rules) by them.

BigAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#91  Edited By BigAT
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" Quit your whining about not getting a membership.I haven't got mine yet :V.Also hi to the people on neogaf reading this.:V "
Hi!
R0gueSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By R0gueSquirrel
@Hailinel: Oh, so you mean like almost any other forum on the internet? 

(Hi Lemoncookie)
crushed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By crushed

What the hell are you people talking about "applying"? You just register for the forums like you would for any forum (like Giant Bomb) and then they approve registrations every so often. It's just to keep spammers, trolls, and little kids with hotmail accounts from constantly registering. It's not some grand conspiracy. 

Many of these stories of unreasonable bans are undoubtedly exaggerated or fabricated as well. Nobody's ever gotten banned for simply disagreeing with a mod; if you got banned during such a discussion, it was probably because you started throwing around personal insults or were hurting a discussion by spreading bullshit or being obstinate.

p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By p_p_o_d

Ok I have a plan for you people with gaf envy 

apparently gaf likes underage girls.  I guess so does evilore since he has left this thread open for a few weeks. He even posted in it once or twice.  http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411602    

so next time you register make sure to set your gender to female and that your age is between 13 and 17.   

Then Im sure your account will be activated within minutes of signing up.     

but before that ask yourself this one question.  

Do you want to be part of a community that wont give Vinny a account?    

Otrebor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#95  Edited By Otrebor

what is more pathetic: being a furry or have forum envy/anger?

AcciDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By AcciDante

Well, I won't defend that weird, creepy Selena Gomez niche that's developed in gaf. 

Workinonit24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Workinonit24
@Crushed said:
" What the hell are you people talking about "applying"? You just register for the forums like you would for any forum (like Giant Bomb) and then they approve registrations every so often. It's just to keep spammers, trolls, and little kids with hotmail accounts from constantly registering. It's not some grand conspiracy.  Many of these stories of unreasonable bans are undoubtedly exaggerated or fabricated as well. Nobody's ever gotten banned for simply disagreeing with a mod; if you got banned during such a discussion, it was probably because you started throwing around personal insults or were hurting a discussion by spreading bullshit or being obstinate. "
Then why were you banned?
crushed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By crushed
@Workinonit24 said:

" @Crushed said:

" What the hell are you people talking about "applying"? You just register for the forums like you would for any forum (like Giant Bomb) and then they approve registrations every so often. It's just to keep spammers, trolls, and little kids with hotmail accounts from constantly registering. It's not some grand conspiracy.  Many of these stories of unreasonable bans are undoubtedly exaggerated or fabricated as well. Nobody's ever gotten banned for simply disagreeing with a mod; if you got banned during such a discussion, it was probably because you started throwing around personal insults or were hurting a discussion by spreading bullshit or being obstinate. "
Then why were you banned? "
For personal insults against a moderator during a heated discussion and being an idiot who lost his temper.

It's really not that hard. If you make stupid posts, you get banned.
Workinonit24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Workinonit24
@Crushed: I know how NeoGAF works. Been registered user for 3 years now without a ban. Was curious how you got banned because you were a regular poster there obviously and everyone talks about your ban but never knew why. Glad to finally solve that mystery.