• 125 results
#1 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

#2 Posted by Brendan (7778 posts) -

I've got Giantbomb and Whiskey Media apparel, but that's as far as my nerd clothing goes.

#3 Edited by Giantstalker (1638 posts) -

I kept winning shirts, often quite randomly, that has stuff like that on it. A Dawn of War one, another Warhammer one, a Star Wars one, etc. All are of middling to low quality, and I don't think I've worn any of them even once.

My BOMB shirt though? Second skin. It works because almost nobody actually knows what it is, and if they do... they know.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

only if they look good.

of course most of my shirts are band shirts anyway so pot calling kettle black :P

#5 Posted by feliciano182 (100 posts) -

I think it depends, some people do get out of hand with their clothing and accesorizing.

#6 Posted by Jrinswand (1706 posts) -

My vote goes to A. I don't necessarily have a ton of game related clothes (though I do have some: I can think of a Portal 2, LOTRO, TF2, and Halo 2 shirt off the top of my head), but if you extend "nerd apparel" to include comic books and metal bands, then pretty much all of my clothes are nerdy. My Immortal, Nile, Enslaved, and Ensiferum t-shirts are some of my favorites.

#7 Posted by Jrinswand (1706 posts) -
@Giantstalker: I'd like to place a request for the Warhammer/Dawn of War shirts. ;)
#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

I wear a ton of game related shirts. I've never given any shits what people think about me so let that freak flag fly. Off the top of my head I have T-shirts for...

• BloodRayne
  • Fable 3
  • Halo Reach
  • Street Fighter II
  • Soul Calibur 4
  • Dragon Age II
  • Atelier Meruru

Most likely missing a few? Dunno anyways yeah, I've got some shit. I think its dumb to be sheepish about your hobby If a girl thinks I'm "weird" because I dig Video Games and Anime then cool fuck off I only want people around me who want me for me.

#9 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4339 posts) -

Meh, I do wear the BOMB shirts but that's mostly because I love the site and the shirt design more than the thing being game related. If I want to show off my interests I'll just do it with posters on my wall.

#10 Edited by FoolishChaos (435 posts) -

I've got some game shirts, but in general I avoid shirts that are nothing but the brand name spelled out on em'. Original art and preferably no words.

#11 Posted by Daneian (1228 posts) -

I am currently wearing a Meat Boy beanie and N7 zip up.

#12 Posted by BaconGames (3371 posts) -

I'm someone who gives probably way too much about color combinations so a majority of my shirts are plain but come in a variety of colors. With that said, I would totally be into gaming related apparel if it feels right. I'm a fan of Zelda sure but I find triforce shirts so goddamn played. If you want to know what I mean, I was inquiring into finding a Super Hang-On shirt (sadly out of production and made in Japan only) and that Quake III jersey that went around in very rare numbers around 2000 (also long out of production grr).

Ironically enough for preservation reasons I almost never wear my Whiskey Shirts, except at PAX, to keep them from being worn down. I guess my non-answer is, it takes the right shirt design and game I think.

#13 Posted by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -

Voted B, but that's kind of a lie as I do have a vast amount of "other" clothing, but I don't wear those as often as my game-related stuff. I have enough for a dresser of Fangamer and Borderlands apparel alone.

#14 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3859 posts) -

B although E made me laugh. I've got a few shirts, a few I'll wear in public, a few I wont. If it looks cool then great. I get a little annoyed sometimes seeing kids picking up Mario and Sonic tshirts at Hot Topic because that's what's cool right now but whatever, that's probably just me having a 'get off my lawn you kids' moment.

Actually no, they can suck a D.

#15 Posted by Azurath (296 posts) -

I have clothes that support my hobbies like wrestling, vidya, anime, etc.

I wear them because they look cool, or support something I really like, but I don't like the idea of wearing nerdy shit just because you want to people to notice that you're a nerd.

#16 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Actually no, they can suck a D.

This is among the worst puns I've ever heard in my life - I love it.

#17 Edited by myketuna (1679 posts) -

I wear a lot of stuff from teefury or threadless and other sites like that. Some of it has video game references/callbacks, but I don't think I have any actual official video game/nerd apparel. But if ANYTHING to do with video games, TV shows, etc. is part of the nerd apparel criteria then I am guilty.

So, I chose A.

#18 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

My key chain is from the Witcher 2 pre order for 360

#19 Posted by gaminghooligan (1438 posts) -

I have a few game shirts from my time as a cashier (Max Payne 3 shirt is my favorite, also snagged an awesome Windwaker shirt that was left in storage) but for the most part I just wear whatever is clean and fits me. Never given much effort in the clothing department since highschool.

#20 Posted by TyCobb (1966 posts) -

I'll wear a nerdy T-Shirt every now and then, but most of the time I just look like a bum. Haven't cut my hair in a year and a half and only shave when needed. I do however use a stick of RAM as my key chain.

#21 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

I think it's universally incredibly gross, butI do own a single Giant Bomb shirt same as anyone else. Graphic tees as a whole I find extremely unappealing.

#22 Posted by musclerider (589 posts) -

I love videogames but I don't need to wear a shirt to tell the outside world about it. I'm not ashamed of my hobby but I also don't want that to be the first thing that people learn about me. Also most game shirts are fucking dumb.

#23 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

I don't wear any because it's impossible to find ones I like in a size that fits me. If I could then ya I don't see why not. Most of the stuff out there looks like garbage, but something with a simple design like the mass effect N7 hoodies/shirts or something with the logo that means something from a game. I have no desire to wear cloths with snarling man with gun running at ya like they have on all games boxes or anything dumb like that.

Only gaming clothes I have are the limited edition chat dragon shirt from GB and a cool limited run City of Heroes shirt that I got for winning a contest they did. Neither of them fit however and are a size too small. Oh and I got the GB sticker that came with my shirt on my wallet so I guess that kind of counts? It's faded to the point now that it's mostly just the outline of the bomb but I know what it is so that's all that matters.

#24 Posted by pyromagnestir (4302 posts) -

I've made a point of expressing my personality a bit more outwardly, so I've gotten some geekier stuff recently. Most of my clothes are not typical geek stuff though. Lot's of sports wear and shit.

#25 Posted by csl316 (8476 posts) -

I have my Whiskey shirts, a Tail of the Sun thing from Game Informer, and one more that I'll wear outside the house.

My buddy worked at a Best Buy so we'd usually get some extra swag at midnight launches, meaning I got all sorts of dumb Halo, Mario, and Gears shirts that I'll occasionally wear to sleep.

#26 Edited by handlas (2676 posts) -

Depends on the shirt of course...

Been meaning to buy this Deus Ex shirt... it's just a large triangle basically on the front. Looks weird... so I like it.

All I have related to games is a GB shirt.

#27 Edited by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Fuck no. I have dignity, or at least I pretend to have it.

#28 Posted by WasabiCurry (422 posts) -

I really don't own anything gaming related. It is just your style. :p

#29 Posted by Korolev (1704 posts) -

I don't mind seeing that sort of stuff, but I don't wear it myself, because wearing that sort of stuff makes me feel as if I'm trying to say "PAY ATTENTION TO ME". Of course, being a human being, I want people to pay attention to me. However, being an emotionally repressed basket case, I absolutely do not want people to know that I want them to pay attention to me. So I can't wear that sort of stuff.

Yes. I play mind-games with myself.

#30 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

I wouldnt wear anything thats considered "nerdy apparel" but I dont care if anyone wears anything that reflects their interests.  Theres no harm in it and people should do whatever they want.  

#31 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4728 posts) -

I've got an N7 hoodie that I wear practically every goddamn day. That's as far as it goes for me.

#32 Posted by Dimsey (951 posts) -

I frequently wear my Giant Bomb shirts and have a Batman one in the rotation also.

They're probably my favorite shirts. I don't see the harm in it, I don't particularly care what others think about it.

I like geeky stuff. I don't mind my clothing reflecting it.

#33 Posted by Milkman (16688 posts) -

Giant Bomb shirts are as far as I'll go with "nerd apparel." But I don't think those are actually all that nerdy looking. I've gotten compliments on my Giant Bomb shirts at parties and stuff. In the end, a cool shirt is a cool shirt.

#34 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

I have a couple of band shirts, but not much else.

Still, I wouldn't have a problem with occasionally indulging in some "nerdy" apparel.

#35 Posted by mosespippy (4129 posts) -

I don't particularly like t-shirts to begin with, nerdy or not. I prefer something with more style I guess. If there were polo shirts with an embroidered logo I'd be way more likely to purchase/wear them than a t-shirt.

#36 Posted by TheRealMoot (366 posts) -

I've got a few accessories and clothing items I wear when I feel like "Advertising" or just hanging out in the comic store talking about godzilla movies!

#37 Posted by hawkinson76 (362 posts) -

option not offered: what are you talking about?

#38 Edited by MentalDisruption (1623 posts) -

I have quite a few nerd shirts that I wear. Mostly related to games. Also some shirts for my favorite bands. I mix in some more standard clothing and dressier clothes as wel, so I'd say its about half and half. As odd as it might sound, the nerd shirts help with finding other people who have similar interests. I'm just a college student though, so that probably is a factor. If I was in my upper 20's or older with a career, I'd stick with more professional clothing more often.

#39 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

It's okay in very strict moderation. But who am I to judge. Wear whatever the fuck you'd like.

#40 Posted by Zvarri (123 posts) -

Poll does not represent my choice, so I haven't voted.

I don't have a lot of apparel bearing emblems or advertising for particular games - I ended up with a lot of stuff like that from my year of employment with EB Games, and I dislike a lot of it.

My favourite t-shirt lately was one I procured at the Toronto Global Game Jam last year, which says "Support Your Local Game Developer". I have another one from DARC Productions, a local game-focused audio studio. My most comfy shirt advertises Jeuxly, a Dames Making Games cohort that I helped out with.

There is one item I cherish and wear almost everywhere when weather permits: in 2010, PlayStation hosted a holiday preview event during a time when I was unemployed and just getting into amateur games journalism. I waited seven hours outside of the venue to ensure myself, my wife, and two or our friends would be first inside. To thank us for our support, Jeff Rubenstein gave us all these awesome PlayStation-branded Adidas jackets. They are super-comfortable and I am rarely without it, just as I am rarely without a portable PlayStation device.

#41 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4421 posts) -

I don't particularly care for it, but I don't really mind it. In my opinion, there's a lot of it that contains terrible, shitty puns and slogans and shit like that that I'm not a fan of, but I don't lose my shit when I see someone else wearing it. It's whatever really.

#42 Posted by Muerthoz (349 posts) -

I have a couple game related shirts but I usually wear them under other shirts, so they're usually not very visible. I also have a Green Lantern bracelet that I wear everyday but I don't think many people notice it.

I'm nerdy/geeky and most people know it. I just prefer to be subtle about it.

#43 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6297 posts) -

Given that I dress like a roadie bum I'm really in no place to judge. 99% of my shirts have dates up and down the back.

#44 Posted by MiniPato (2735 posts) -

The apparel has to actually look good. I'm not content with the apparel simply representing something I like. I don't like shirts that just have the logo slapped on them unless the logo is really well designed.

#45 Posted by Shirogane (3569 posts) -

I have an Assassin's Creed hoodie, that even most people who've played the games won't even recognise. Then i guess there's the blatant Naruto one, but also not quite so obvious. I also have the Catherine shirt, which i don't really wear much anyway.

I do have a SC2 bag though, it's a really nice bag and it was cheaper than similar ones of the same quality/style.

#46 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

#47 Posted by NegativeCero (2996 posts) -

I guess I do by wearing shirts that have references to games and other things. I don't wear logos though.

#48 Edited by Seroth (717 posts) -

I like game shirts that could pass off as "normal" clothing. Like, I don't want a big fat picture of Mario on my chest, but if it said something like, "Mario Bros. Plumbing" in a normal-looking font, I'd be okay with it.

Fake company shirts are the best. Like, instead of "Resident Evil" and a picture of a zombie, it just says "Umbrella Inc." somewhere on it as if it were a shirt that some Umbrella employee would wear. The N7 Mass Effect stuff is alright, too.

Maybe some may consider that boring, though.

I also made the "RAVE" shirt from Catherine for a Vincent cosplay I did. I like wearing it normally, but I fear that someone may mistake it for saying "RAPE" instead. >_>

#49 Posted by ajamafalous (11964 posts) -

D all the way forever. My girlfriend has a handful of gaming shirts/accessories/backpacks/etc. and it really bothers me when she wears them.

#50 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

I prefer abstract art on my t-shirts. Fangamer.com combines both to produce some pretty awesome products which I have a couple of.