• 113 results
#1 Edited by Sgtpierceface (610 posts) -
#2 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

DAT RAM!

#3 Edited by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

That's a damn good name for an album, excited to see what they come out with.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

GIMME GIMME GIMME

#5 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

The name of the album alone makes me want to buy it.

#6 Edited by Daneian (1207 posts) -

Holy shit, that title is hot. Can't wait. Edit:

#7 Posted by Aarny91 (3912 posts) -

I'm gonna be honest here and say I have never listened to a full Daft Punk album. This'll be my first.

#8 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1838 posts) -

@daneian said:

Holy shit, that title is hot. Can't wait. Edit:

I am a big fan of this one.

I wonder how the full track will compare to this remix of just a fifteen second sample!

#9 Posted by Daneian (1207 posts) -

@artemesia: Hey thanks for that. My day just got better.

#10 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

After Homework, I just haven't been interested.

They exploded after Discovery, but I feel that everything that have done since, hasn't been as good as their first album.

#11 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1838 posts) -

@daneian said:

@artemesia: Hey thanks for that. My day just got better.

Yeah! It's a real good pick me up song. Just makes me feel happy listening to it.

#12 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

After Homework, I just haven't been interested.

They exploded after Discovery, but I feel that everything that have done since, hasn't been as good as their first album.

#13 Edited by Pr1mus (3808 posts) -

I still need to listen to everything they've done before. Considering i like this kind of music and never listened to any of their album i'm probably in the minority here.

#14 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

HOLY SHIT! GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!

#15 Posted by Daneian (1207 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

I still need to listen to everything they've done before. Considering i like this kind of music and never listened to any of their album i'm probably in the minority here.

Discovery's where to start. If you like it, check out Interstalla 5555, the album length anime companion with characters by Leiji Matsumoto.

#16 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Comes out on my birthday, nice.

#17 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7048 posts) -

God, that title is great. Really excited to buy this. It's been a while that I've been actively excited for an album.

#18 Edited by FlipperDesert (2081 posts) -

I want it.

#19 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6287 posts) -

I can't wait for this to leak, I'm more excited for a tour announcement than I am an album at this point though. The fact that a Daft Punk tribute act is touring and making money should be more than enough a reason for the real Daft Punk to go on tour. Tribute bands have lyrics and instrumentation to learn, EDM tribute acts just need a laptop and Alive 2007 torrent.

#20 Edited by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Eight days before my birthday...

Just when I thought Soilwork and Justin Timberlake barely had competition for the rest of the year in the "Best Album of the Year" territory, this shit happens. I am so fucking pumped. It's a great year for music all around!

#21 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

so i'll be the bigger man and post this on the most recent thread, despite having posted about new daft punk work WEEKS EARLIER...

(kidding, y'all)

BUT THERE'S A NEW CLIP (of what sounds like the same song). AND IT SOUNDS FUCKING SWEET. BASK IN THE ROBOTIC FUNK.

#22 Edited by Phatmac (5721 posts) -
#23 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Just in time for the summer, awesome!

#24 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Oh god yes, can't wait! Love the album name and the samples from the SNL commercials sound amazing.

So hyped!

#25 Posted by zenmastah (875 posts) -

Harmless, well produced and catchy.

Will probably sell quite well.

#26 Posted by JNeam (77 posts) -

Damn. I. Can't. Wait.

#27 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

It needs to be May already!

#28 Posted by mrfluke (5089 posts) -
#29 Edited by Falconer (1681 posts) -

That song leaked forever ago. It's not that great. Hopefully there are better songs on the album. (Just search for Daft Punk Leaked Track Columbia Records if it doesn't work. Dude just posts the same thing all the time.)

#30 Edited by masterpaperlink (1829 posts) -

@falconer said:

That song leaked forever ago. It's not that great. Hopefully there are better songs on the album. (Just search for Daft Punk Leaked Track Columbia Records if it doesn't work. Dude just posts the same thing all the time.)

seems fake, the tempo doesn't fit the teaser

#31 Posted by Lumley (945 posts) -

@falconer said:

seems fake, the tempo doesn't fit the teaser

It is definitely fake. It's by 'pHaZe Project' - https://soundcloud.com/phazeproject/phaze-project-daft-punk.

It's still pretty good though, I've listened to it countless times.

#32 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Stoked for anyhing Daft Punk is involved in. Hopefully it'll be on Spotify day 1.

#33 Posted by phuzzybunny (171 posts) -

Just preordered the vinyl! Can't wait for this.

#34 Posted by JohnLocke (253 posts) -

Sweet, hopefully this will be a good album (I like their previous work).

#35 Edited by TheHT (10876 posts) -

@daneian said:

@pr1mus said:

Discovery's where to start. If you like it, check out Interstalla 5555, the album length anime companion with characters by Leiji Matsumoto.

Catch it:

#36 Posted by expensiveham (289 posts) -

@mellotronrules said:

so i'll be the bigger man and post this on the most recent thread, despite having posted about new daft punk work WEEKS EARLIER...

(kidding, y'all)

BUT THERE'S A NEW CLIP (of what sounds like the same song). AND IT SOUNDS FUCKING SWEET. BASK IN THE ROBOTIC FUNK.

mexican monkey... mexican monkey... MEXICAN MONKEY... MEXICAN MONKEY... MEXICAN MONKEY

#37 Edited by nickux (1383 posts) -

I made this Soviet-style Daft Punk poster to celebrate the new album. May 21st can't come soon enough. Let the robot revolution begin!

#38 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Awesome poster dude, nice work.

#39 Posted by Mirado (990 posts) -

@nickux: Do you have this in a bigger resolution? That is pretty fuckin' sweet, duder.

#40 Edited by nickux (1383 posts) -
#41 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

The name of the album alone makes me want to buy it.

You are going to buy that album

#42 Posted by Hector (3355 posts) -

I can't wait, I might actually get the CD version for this. I haven't bought a music CD since around 2000 or soo...haha

#43 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1838 posts) -

I will probably buy a physical copy of this. The only CDs I own actually physically own are Porcupine Tree's In Absentia and Act 1 and 2 from The Protomen. THIS IS A BIG DEAL.

#44 Edited by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

so if you want to continue to ride on the hype train, this is mandatory material:

not only does it feature new clips of that previously-teased tune, but features a sit-down with one of the album's collaborators (a disco legend in his own right).

this impending robot boogie will crush us all.

edit: since he was sweet on it earlier, gonna tag dyan ravis @ryan

#45 Edited by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

I broke down and got the LP version. It is Daft Punk so it is worth it.

#46 Edited by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

This is going to be my first Daft Punk Album. I'm just listened 1-2 songs from TRON Legacy Soundtrack and absolutely Harder Better Faster Stronger.

#47 Edited by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

...and just like that, they blew everyone's minds.

from

http://pitchfork.com/news/50248-confirmed-daft-punk-will-launch-random-access-memories-at-an-agricultural-show-in-wee-waa-australia/

Normally, the Annual Wee Waa Show in rural Wee Waa, New South Wales, Australia, wouldn't be a fixture on anyone's festival guide much outside of the area itself. But this year, as well as hosting dog high jump, cross cut saw contests, and a baby show, the Wee Waa show will host something...completely different. Daft Punk have chosen the agricultural event as the site of the official global launch party for their new album, Random Access Memories.

The record is out May 21 through Columbia Records, but will be unveiled at the festival on the evening of Friday, May 17. (The festival runs May 17-19.) Wee Waa's local news site reports that the show "will host a playback of the new album to a packed audience" from a purpose-built stage. And we have confirmed that all of this is actually true.

#48 Posted by TheHT (10876 posts) -
#49 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

Another collab video dropped with the guy I'm probably most excited about. God that riff at the end that he was playing gave me goosebumps. May 21st is so fucking far away.

#50 Posted by Aegon (5398 posts) -

If the rest of the album is as good as the tidbits we've gotten to hear so far, then this'll be their best one yet. That's kind of crazy.