• 113 results
#51 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

This is very exciting, despite the fact that I hate to dance, I enjoy Daft Punk's groovy man-machine music.

I suppose you guys like to dance?

#52 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

@officegamer: Liking Daft Punk requires liking to dance? What?

#53 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -
#54 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -
#55 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -
#56 Posted by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

Another collab video dropped with the guy I'm probably most excited about. God that riff at the end that he was playing gave me goosebumps. May 21st is so fucking far away.

i'm going to keep this brief because my feet won't stop moving to the boogie, and that makes typing difficult.

1) it pleases me greatly to see the video i came to post already here. great work team.

2) how incredible is nile rodgers. seriously.

3) how much of a tease is that little guitar improvisation at the end. christ i can't wait.

4) THAT TEASER AT THE END. MY GUESS IS FIRST MUSIC VIDEO SINGLE NEXT WEEK. BUT THAT COULD JUST BE WISHFUL THINKING.

in any event

THE BOOGIE IS UPON US.

#57 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

@mellotronrules: Wow good catch. I went back to the others to make sure it was unique and damn I really hope a music video single will happen!

#58 Posted by envane (1163 posts) -

cannot get mexican monkey out of my head now

#59 Edited by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Fucking finally, been waiting a long time for an announcement like this! Really excited!

#60 Edited by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

LADIES AND GENTS: WE'RE ALMOST THERE. THIS WAS SHOWN AT COACHELLA LAST NIGHT.

#61 Posted by joey (984 posts) -

IM FREAKING OUT AHHHHHH

#62 Edited by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

i have to say- this whole lead up has been a masterclass in hyping an album release. granted it would only work with the clout and funds afforded by a big act, but god DAMN i've never wanted a sequinned suit jacket so hard in my life. ps- is it just me or does pharrell just not age- the dude's 40 now, and looks like he could be 18.

#63 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

@mellotronrules: I didn't expect the song was going to have vocals but it works. I guess that teaser at the end of the nile rogers video definitely will be a music video single release.

#64 Edited by ESREVER (2692 posts) -

Julian is gonna be in this album? Rad...

#65 Posted by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

@colourful_hippie: peeps is saying monday. here's hoping. and re: the vox- i think they work as well. sounds throwback, which is the vibe they're defo going for.

#66 Edited by Sgtpierceface (624 posts) -

Tune into SNL tonight guys...

#67 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

LADIES AND GENTS: WE'RE ALMOST THERE. THIS WAS SHOWN AT COACHELLA LAST NIGHT.

Fwwwaaaaarrrrrkkkkk it's so smooooooottthhh......

#68 Edited by Soapy86 (2622 posts) -

I've never been so excited for an album.

#69 Edited by joey (984 posts) -

There was a new ad on SNL! It was just a smaller clip from the coachella video. But it's high quality!

EDIT: on youtube!

#70 Edited by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

sweet mother it sounds good with this higher bitrate.

#71 Posted by mrfluke (5160 posts) -

@joey: heres apparently the full version of that spot

#72 Posted by joey (984 posts) -

@mrfluke: oh yeah but the SNL one has higher quality audio.

#73 Edited by Deusx (1905 posts) -

They're apparently going to play live right now at Coachela. There are 3 live streams but it's probably going to happen on Channel 3 since that's where Knife Party is. Just search for Coachella Live Channel 3 on Youtube, you'll find it easily. That said, it's just a rumor...

Update: Even if Daft Punk isn't there... Knife Party is giving one hell of a show so go watch it anyways.

#74 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

Guys, guys, the track list has been revealed. It looks great and they really went all out with the collab work.

#75 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3401 posts) -

Hearing Pharrell on that joint really got a "Off the Wall" vibe with that one.

#76 Edited by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

@i_stay_puft said:

Hearing Pharrell on that joint really got a "Off the Wall" vibe with that one.

absolutely. little bit of john legend too. the more sequins, bass funk, and soaring falsetto we get, the better off we'll all be.

#77 Edited by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

new favourite .gif:

#78 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Wow the music is so simple yet so amazingly soulful! Good old Daft Punk.

However, the lyrics.... "We're up all night to get lucky"?! o_O

#79 Posted by JohnLocke (256 posts) -

Man I am totally looking forward to this album. The latest teaser/trailer is really cool. Not what I was expecting in some ways which I think works even better.

#80 Edited by DualFayte (128 posts) -

LETS GO DAFT PUNK

#81 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

New collab video.

and great interview of Daft Punk. Pretty crazy that they started this back in '08 and those guys hit the nail on the head about the current state of EDM.

#82 Edited by Teoball (607 posts) -

Looks like someone got a hold of the whole "Get Lucky" and it's awesome. HERE!

Edit: yeah. it's just a loop. I'm at work and didn't listen too hard the first time.

#83 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

@teoball: That's just the chorus on loop, I call bullshit.

#84 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3872 posts) -
#85 Posted by gaminghooligan (1447 posts) -

This is easily the most excited I've been for anything music related in years. The Collaborators video with Pharrell is awesome, the spots on tv are awesome, and I have a very good feeling this album will be awesome.

#86 Posted by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

this is just a 'shop, but it's pretty fantastic.

#87 Edited by Apparatus_Unearth (3154 posts) -

Never got into Daft Punk but Get Lucky is hot.

#88 Edited by Aegon (5642 posts) -

@mellotronrules said:

this is just a 'shop, but it's pretty fantastic.

For comparison's sake:

This makes a lot of sense.

Bring back that MJ groove!

#89 Posted by Andorski (5310 posts) -

Wallpaper from The Collaborators' video series with Pharrell Williams:

Direct Link

#90 Posted by Daneian (1232 posts) -

Don't really know why no one has put the leaked radio edit up here yet, but, here ya go.

#91 Edited by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

@daneian said:

Don't really know why no one has put the leaked radio edit up here yet, but, here ya go.

i hadn't mentioned it because it hasn't been officially confirmed by anyone at camp daft punk (label, columbia, etc). and i have my doubts. but we'll see, amazon's saying it's available friday.

#92 Edited by Daneian (1232 posts) -

@mellotronrules: Really? Thought it had been. Ryan even retweeted Phil Fish claim it was. Oh well. I'm enjoying it regardless. Seems well produced and along the lines of the Coachella/SNL video.

#93 Edited by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

@daneian: if it is fake, it's an amazing job. but there's a fierce internet-debate going on as to whether or not it sounds properly mixed, mastered, and edited...whether or not that really is pharrell (or just a really amazing impersonation or manipulation of melodyne), it's actually kind of insane. amazon says we'll have it friday, so maybe we'll know then?

edit- doesn't help that major news outlets like nme, pitchfork, etc. haven't picked up on it as well.

#94 Posted by Daneian (1232 posts) -

@daneian: Fair enough. Thanks for the link. Didn't see that yet.

#95 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

Yeah that radio edit leaked one doesn't exactly sound "finished" but that just means that the mastered single will be that much better.

#96 Posted by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

synchronize your pebble smart watches everyone- they've made it official with a referee and a whistle...midnight EST.

check it.

#97 Edited by Mushir (2389 posts) -

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a song. Probably never.

#98 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3327 posts) -

Finally! The best are back!

Love that Pharell calls them "The Robots". I always loved Daft Punk and I remember so clearly listening to Human After All and thinking: man. Only robots could have written this music - sounds too much like the future.

#99 Edited by wenis (43 posts) -

The track is out there in it's official form guys. Thought I'd give a heads up. It's not the "leak" from yesterday. This is proper.