New Daft Punk album announced

• 114 results
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I dunno, everytime I give it a listen I can't help but think I liked it more when it was 30 seconds (both clips) looped for 10 hours and didn't have Pharell.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By wjb

I find "Get Lucky" catchy and fun -- I've had it in my head for the past several days -- but it also seems by-the-numbers to me. Like, "here's the part of the song when it sounds like a robot getting funky." Pharrell is fine (is it 2003?), but I'm sure someone could've done a lot better than him. Still a better lead single than "Robot Rock."

I agree with the person who said Daft Punk's output hasn't been so hot since Discovery. Human After All was disappointing, obviously, and although the soundtrack to Tron: Legacy fit the film perfectly, it wasn't something I listened to by itself after the first time through.

I look forward to the album, and understand the hype since it's been 8 years; I just don't think everything they touch is gold. What do I know, though? I think Justin Timberlake, although a charming and talented guy, is extremely over-rated as an artist.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've never really been into Daft Punk at all, and actually after hearing Harder Faster Better Stronger in some form at like, every club night I went to ever I started to actually kind of dislike them. I've also never been a fan of Pharrel, but that Get Lucky tune just pokes me right in the "you have to dance" centres of my brain.

I guess maybe if I was already a fan then I might agree with people who think it's boring, or by the numbers, or whatever, but having never really seen what other people see in them before now, I can wholly get behind that track.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By cheesebob

I love Get Lucky. It is SIIIIICK

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ahh its like when kavinsky released a teaser for odd look, the teaser was the best part.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Keep in mind that this is the radio edit, not the full 6 minute song that we will be getting on the album. I really like this version though, so the 6 minute version must be even better.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

are people seriously shitting on Get Lucky?

Jesus Christ someone just pull the plug already.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Get Lucky is the spirit of the Summerjam in vibrating air form. The soundtrack to this summer for sure.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like the jam, but i think this is a so-so radio edit. some strange choices IMO (which i'm willing to elaborate on, but only if people want to nerd out on songwriting). and yeah- i totally feel about this release like i do when i see an amazing movie trailer only to realize i've seen all the best parts of the movie. still a good time, but slightly crestfallen.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i like the jam, but i think this is a so-so radio edit. some strange choices IMO (which i'm willing to elaborate on, but only if people want to nerd out on songwriting). and yeah- i totally feel about this release like i do when i see an amazing movie trailer only to realize i've seen all the best parts of the movie. still a good time, but slightly crestfallen.

I'm feeling the same, I was hoping it would have been the original song and not like that radio edit that leaked earlier, but it's not like it is the end of the world. That original will be on the album and this single's purpose is to be played into the ground on the radio to broaden the Daft Punk message.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#112  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I am really conflicted about the full song. I think the second half is great but the first half... I don't know, the lyrics sound really off and they actually sound as if someone dubbed over the original song.

Loading Video...

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_skeleton: I love Daft Punk but Pharrel makes this song good. Which I'm worried if DP are dumbing down their instrumentals just for chorus, verse and hooks for singers to dub over.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been listening to Get Lucky on and off all day. It's so good. Even more excited for the album now.