#1 Posted by idiotic_genius1 (416 posts) -

Black Clouds and Silver Linings. Anyone else get it? Just picked it up and I am about half way though it. So far it's fucking awesome! Might be my new favorite album by them.

#2 Edited by ahriman22 (2747 posts) -

I still hate the vocalist and Mike Porknoy with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

#3 Posted by Snipzor (3317 posts) -

Ooh, how quaint. A progressive metal band with the blandest music ever. Where's !T.O.O.H.! when we need them?

#4 Posted by lilburtonboy7489 (1948 posts) -
@Snipzor said:
" Ooh, how quaint. A progressive metal band with the blandest music ever. Where's !T.O.O.H.! when we need them? "

#5 Posted by Snipzor (3317 posts) -
@lilburtonboy7489: Well done, I was thinking exactly that.
#6 Posted by mikemosha90 (113 posts) -

Yeah I listened to it a couple months ago. It's pretty sweet.

#7 Posted by mikemosha90 (113 posts) -
@ahriman22 said:
" I still hate the vocalist and Mike Porknoy with the passion of a thousand burning suns. "
I met that beast! 

#8 Posted by ahriman22 (2747 posts) -
@mikemosha90: He's an annoying, egotistical douche. I don't like him, not to mention his playing is at the level of a 3rd grader, hardly what I would call good.
#9 Posted by mikemosha90 (113 posts) -
@ahriman22 said:
" @mikemosha90: He's an annoying, egotistical douche. I don't like him, not to mention his playing is at the level of a 3rd grader, hardly what I would call good. "
I agree with everything except the last thing. I enjoy his playing.
#10 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@idiotic_genius1:  I didn't know they had a new album. Thanks for the heads up.
#11 Posted by ahriman22 (2747 posts) -
#12 Posted by Jesus (1116 posts) -

Everything is good about dream theater except for there singer... he kills the whole band

#13 Posted by Maru (286 posts) -

Bought the album yesterday, although it's not good as their old ones, I'm still loving it.

Pic of John Petrucci that I took at the concert, 2007 Toronto... good times.

#14 Posted by Necrophagist777 (4 posts) -

I agree it's not their best, but I like it. The first two tracks have some pretty heavy moments in them which are great. And Jordan and John's playing are top notch as always. And the best of times is a great track considering Mike's dad dying and all.

It's a good prog Metal album but no where near the masterpiece earlier in the year from Mastodon, "Crack the Skye".

#15 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2483 posts) -

Images & Words was good... that was released in what? 93??