• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

what a funny way to explain a boring thing. thanks man.

#52 Posted by sculsoldi3r (1315 posts) -

Its cool, blocks stupid posts.

#53 Posted by Caddy (308 posts) -

That's great guys. I think a report feature is essential on a website with this many different boards that moderators simply cannot see everything. It can be abused, true, but any reporting system can. It doesn't matter anyway though because if something doesn't need deleted, the moderator won't delete it so no big deal :)

#54 Posted by lordofultima (6213 posts) -

I usually play "Sounds of the Rain Forest: Wild Cat Edition" on my iPod when I'm reviewing submissions...so this whole cat concept is not far from the truth.

#55 Posted by Giantkitty (808 posts) -
Schizoid said:
"HazBazz said:
"So, what you're saying is... all the mods are cats?
"
Pretty much.
"
We all are, join us!

Do the "pluses" cancel out the "minuses"? I can imagine  someone repeatedly hitting the plus, setting up secondary, etc, accounts, or getting their like-minded dimwitted friends to vote for them.

#56 Posted by MB (12068 posts) -

Yes, pluses cancel out minuses.

#57 Posted by Tolkienfanatic (99 posts) -

Troll-B-Gone!

#58 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

I never use the rating system, guess I should start.

#59 Posted by Dalai (7002 posts) -

Community rating tool and kittens... a most excellent combination.

#60 Edited by MB (12068 posts) -

Jolly_Lolly said:

"I never use the rating system, guess I should start.
"
Yes, you should!

Dalai said:

"Community rating tool and kittens... a most excellent combination.
"
For those that are way out of line, we have evil kittens. 
#61 Edited by Karmum (11517 posts) -
MB said:
"

Jolly_Lolly said:

"I never use the rating system, guess I should start.
"
Yes, you should!

Dalai said:

"Community rating tool and kittens... a most excellent combination.
"
For those that are way out of line, we have evil kittens. 
"
This is true.

evil kitten is evil.

#62 Posted by blizzvalve (128 posts) -

Good thing we now have an easier way of notifying the mods

#63 Posted by ZenGaijin (122 posts) -

God I hate cats, nice new system though should keep things civil around here. Though, GB's community was damn cool for the most part anyway.

#64 Posted by lordofultima (6213 posts) -
ZenGaijin said:
"God I hate cats, nice new system though should keep things civil around here. Though, GB's community was damn cool for the most part anyway.
"
I love kitty cats. You're clearly insane.
#65 Posted by Echo (391 posts) -

Great idea! You're not kidding around with making this a great community!

#66 Posted by ocdog45 (675 posts) -
i can almost not take this seriously due to the pictures.
#67 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

Thats awesome, thanks guys.Will hopefully make people abit less invulnerable ;)

#68 Posted by Blitzer (386 posts) -

Oh no, not more cat internet pictures...

#70 Posted by L (1681 posts) -

Awesome stuff. Trolls...be gone. :P

#71 Posted by ThomasP (1655 posts) -

Sweet. The boards haven't been too bad. A few crazy things here and there but overall good. I've never seen a comment rated yet but that is much easier then having to tell someone on the net to chill. Thanks for this.

#72 Posted by katmandu912 (31 posts) -

you need a serious thread from time to time not some people fuckin around anyways.

#73 Posted by MoldOnHold (627 posts) -

Moderator kitteh... I almost died laughing.

Anyways, good feature. Will use.

#74 Posted by ognen93 (17 posts) -

Cool feature

#75 Posted by MissileWarriorz (264 posts) -

I love cats and I am not gay Cats rock 

#76 Posted by BlazingWookie (175 posts) -

These cats are welcome addition to the BombCrew. I think they'll lend class to the joint, BYO Fancy Feast.

BlazingWookie
#77 Posted by IndieBoy (109 posts) -

Liked how you explained it to me in Lolcat terms, they are the only ones I know

#78 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

I'm curious as to why when a post has a positive rating it's color is black, and since the site's background is also black, it makes it hard to see?  I'd think you'd guys want to praise good posters with a clearer number.   But that's my thought.

#79 Posted by Aarny91 (3912 posts) -

People have been taking the hand out of this feature :O

#80 Posted by MB (12068 posts) -

The number of negative votes required to flag a bad thread has been reduced.  This is going to mean more work for moderators but hopefully we'll catch more bad threads sooner this way. 

#81 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -

The implementation of lolcats is genius.

Many Internets to you sir.

#82 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

Ok, I just added that newsflash. Everyone read it, it is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

#83 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

If you abuse the Rating Tool system, do the moderators find out? I mean like, if you click negative for a person, for no real reason, is that logged in and known? Or is it like Anonymous? You get a message saying "X User reported Y user in this topic?" Or "A user negatively rated this user in a topic?"

#84 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

We simply have a notice that says something is below the count. We don't know which post, just something in the topic.

#85 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -
BoG said:
"We simply have a notice that says something is below the count. We don't know which post, just something in the topic."
Oh, kind of unfortunate that if somebody unfairly reports someone, you cannot technically give the person who did the action of the reporting a warning.
#86 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

Yes, that would be nice. Hopefully the staff can integrate that soon enough.

#87 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -
BoG said:
"Yes, that would be nice. Hopefully the staff can integrate that soon enough."
Would not be surprised, would also love a section where you can click it, and will show you all the moderators, and which are online, just in case there is a outburst of topics, and the reporting tool doesn't do the trick, or, just to speak to about a different situation.
#88 Posted by Pleasureizmine (2136 posts) -

Republic of Casey approves

#89 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

Also, I hope, when you go to negatively rate someone, it brings you to a new menu. That makes you give an explanation on why you flagged it (i.e. spam, wrong section), so if it is in the wrong section it can be marked for that and just moved. And when other users go to flag, there is a section in that menu for "recently flagged", and it will not show the user, but the explanation, and an ability to simply click that, and it will add another negative point to that already flagged post, and prevent multiple flags of the same explanation.

And, hopefully with that feature, moderators will be able to view who is flagging, and why. Would be nice.

#90 Posted by MattyFTM (14349 posts) -

Can I ask a question, can we use this feature to report posts that are in the wrong forum, or should we only use it for posts that should be deleted?

#91 Posted by MB (12068 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"Can I ask a question, can we use this feature to report posts that are in the wrong forum, or should we only use it for posts that should be deleted?"
If a post needs to be moved, send a link to a forum moderator along with where you think the topic belongs.  Keep in mind that we can currently only move threads between the major forums such as General, Off Topic, Bug Reports, Editing, Delete, and Bombcast.
#92 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -
MB said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Can I ask a question, can we use this feature to report posts that are in the wrong forum, or should we only use it for posts that should be deleted?"
If a post needs to be moved, send a link to a forum moderator along with where you think the topic belongs.  Keep in mind that we can currently only move threads between the major forums such as General, Off Topic, Bug Reports, Editing, Delete, and Bombcast."
If it is not between those forums, would you just lock it? (i.e. if someone posts something about gamerscore in the Nintendo Wii forum, you would just lock it)?
#93 Posted by MB (12068 posts) -

Only if there was a better discussion on the same topic going on in the approriate forum, or if I was able to catch the thread before it got too many replies.  For the former, I would lock the topic with a link to the existing thread.  For the latter, I'd lock with a link to the correct forum with instructions to repost there.

If the discussion is already going on, we'll just leave it. 

#94 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -
MB said:
"ManlyBeast said:
And you don't think people will abuse this one? People will just rate you down if they don't agree with you.
True, but the beauty of this system is that nothing is automatic.  People can give you negative ratings all they want, but if there is nothing wrong with your post, then no action will be taken. 
"
dont know if its been suggested, havent read most of the posts, but perhaps abuse of the system can lead to some sort of punishment for the abuser?
#95 Posted by Will (234 posts) -

This could ether turn really bad, but if everyone uses it well it could be a good thing but never really been apart of any forum where the "rep" system doesnt get abused. Good to see that there are new features getting added to the site regularly.

#96 Posted by Kratos81 (411 posts) -

sounds good.

#97 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

clubsandwich approves this message.

#98 Posted by Nude_Dude (1076 posts) -

Can it go over +9000?

#99 Posted by MB (12068 posts) -

No, but this post has +60 which is pretty freakin high.

#100 Posted by mcneb (39 posts) -

This is better than the rubber bullets they use to suppress trolls at other forums.