Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

What's good?

I've brought music...and it has a style of drum track I don't do often. It's four-on-the-floor. It's dancetastic. It's danceable. It's also rock. Like, Electro Rock shoo-bop shoo-bop. There's also a marching band in there...and African percussion...and stuff.

It's got synths too. Lots of synths. Ones that sound like bees and stuff. Oh and guitars, for the rock stuff. You know what, you should just listen to it.

MP3 Download: THA - Facemelter.mp3

---

I really wanted to get vocals on this track, got the lyrics written and everything - they're about space monsters - but I did a couple tests recordings and they weren't working out. Maybe some day you'll hear this again with vocals over it.

#1 Edited by ProfessorEss (7376 posts) -

Thanks asshole.

Now I have to buy a new office chair.

...and possibly a new floorboard for under it.

#2 Posted by ProfessorEss (7376 posts) -

...and new belly hair for what was just air-guitared off.

#3 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -
#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

#5 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -
#6 Edited by CornBREDX (5295 posts) -

I didn't know you were in a 90s Nu Metal band Hamst3r

just kidding. But seriously, this is awesome like you always seem to be- that opening tho... fuck you =P

#7 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

This... it just transcends boundaries maaaaaan. I don't know what to feel. It's hit my euphoric receptors on so many levels I think I'm in overload. I have to go stare at kittens to relax now.

#8 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

All I can say is wow. This doesn't even need any vocals to be great! I like it just as it is.

#9 Edited by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

Thanks, duders! :3

#10 Edited by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

I wanna give this another chance to be heard. :3

#11 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6197 posts) -

Holy cow, Hamster. That's awesome!

#12 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -
#13 Edited by MachoFantastico (4688 posts) -

Love it.

#14 Posted by bassman2112 (837 posts) -

Great job! I really like that synth you bring in at 3:08 in the video, it reminds me of some of the stuff used in Feed Me's "Whiskers." Are you using softsynths for these or analog stuff? =)

Spectacular stuff yet again, though!

#15 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

Thanks!

@bassman2112 I use software for everything. I think all of the synths in this one are NI Massive, with one of the atmospheric noises being NI Absynth. Most of the other things are NI Kontakt and the drums are Battery 4 (I thought I'd never say this with how much I dislike Battery 3). :)

#16 Posted by DrFeelgood38 (1 posts) -

Such a sick track, man :)

#17 Edited by VoshiNova (1690 posts) -

The drums around 45-50 seconds in are fantastic~!

Also, this has Meat Boy vibe all up in it!

#18 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

Thanks, duders! Glad you're diggin' it. :3