#1 Posted by Gellrock (381 posts) -

My laptop is starting to overheat and freeze and it seems like I can't do anything about it so I think it's time to go back to desktop gaming.

I linked to the one I'm looking at further down. Any suggestions or input on the build let me know. I'm Canadian so if you have any other suggestions or potions for me to check out keep them within Canada and between $1000-$1300.

I'm currently looking into this particular one (pre-built please, I'm not overly tech savvy) http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229337

#2 Edited by Toxeia (728 posts) -

Too lazy to shop around, but that's a computer you'll be happy with.

Edit: You might want to get a solid state drive to toss in there for quicker boot and load times. It won't benefit you in actual game performance though, so that's up to you.

#3 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1026 posts) -

Wow it actually looks really good for a pre-built computer! Also you better hope they restock it because it's currently sold out.

#4 Posted by Castro (950 posts) -

My laptop was overheating and shutting down frequently a few months ago. I took a vacuum with the hose attachment and sucked dust and crap out of the fan vent holes and I haven't had the problem since then. Might be something to try.

#5 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

Eh, I don't know.

1,000 bucks is a pretty good sized chunk of change just to end up with a 560. Especially right now.

And you don't have to be overly tech-savvy, all the parts pretty much snap together. Granted buying parts and waiting it out kind of sucks. I've been waiting on my case for like a week now from Amazon...

Looking at a box of parts ready to be put together without a case is frustrating...

#6 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1026 posts) -
#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Castro said:

My laptop was overheating and shutting down frequently a few months ago. I took a vacuum with the hose attachment and sucked dust and crap out of the fan vent holes and I haven't had the problem since then. Might be something to try.

This right here. Laptops like to suck dust up like a vacuum. You'd be surprised how much is probably caked all over the inside if it's overheaating.

#8 Posted by Gellrock (381 posts) -

Thanks for the help guys, I'll definitely look into using a vacuum before I go crazy with cash.

@IrrelevantJohn: Great now I have two good looking computers to decide between :p