#1 Posted by kishinfoulux (2277 posts) -

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!

I am worried they showed off too much though. You pretty much get the whole plot of the movie in this trailer it seems.

#2 Posted by Marcsman (3177 posts) -

Ahhh my guilty pleasure.

#3 Posted by wjb (1653 posts) -

For the first several seconds, I thought you were talking about a new game, and I thought it was FMV cut-scenes.

#4 Edited by Aetheldod (3542 posts) -

They do kind of show a lot ... so get that Crhonicles of Riddick is over then? I kind of wondered how he would use the dudes from the movie but I gues they didnt know how to so they scraped it .... bummer but this seems like a good old stupid but cool for an afternoon flick.

#5 Posted by CaLe (3945 posts) -

There's something about Vin Diesel getting older that just doesn't sit right with me. He still looks great for his age and all, but for some reason his aging strongly reminds me of my own mortality. It's probably related to the age I was when I first saw The Fast and the Furious. 12 years ago that was... damn.

#6 Posted by Sor_Eddie (90 posts) -

Man, the naming conventions of this franchise are SO screwed now.

This is the movie just called Riddick in the series titled Chronicles of Riddick that every film-goer just refers to as Riddick that includes a movie titled Chronicles of Riddick

#7 Edited by Humanity (9023 posts) -

I liked that second movie a lot more than the first. The weird alien race, architecture, technology, it was all pretty cool. I especially liked that Flash like effect of moving really fast on the bad guy. Too bad they're going back to the rather simplistic original premise of fighting CG monsters in the dark.

#8 Edited by Hunter5024 (5600 posts) -

Normally I hate the guy that says this, but I'm going to say it, that world looked too cg. Regardless, I will probably see it. Also was that Batista at 1:52?

#9 Edited by OneKillWonder_ (1720 posts) -

They do kind of show a lot ... so get that Crhonicles of Riddick is over then? I kind of wondered how he would use the dudes from the movie but I gues they didnt know how to so they scraped it .... bummer but this seems like a good old stupid but cool for an afternoon flick.

All the stuff with the Necromongers will be explained early in the movie. Karl Urban is in it but apparently he doesn't have a very big role.

Anyway, this is probably my most anticipated movie of the year. Chronicles of Riddick is one of my favorites so I've been waiting for a sequel for a long damn time.

#10 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

So it's basically Pitch Black 2?

Sign me up!

#11 Posted by BoOzak (902 posts) -

Looks a bit too similiar to the first film, but I cant say I blame them for playing it safe after TCOR. This looks okay but i'd rather have a new game, maby if this does well enough Dark Athena might get a follow up.

#12 Posted by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

So it's Pitch Black with Katee Sackhoff? FUCK. YES.

#13 Edited by Ezakael (930 posts) -

I still haven't seen the first movie. I should probably go and do that now because this looks pretty great.

#14 Edited by Brendan (7734 posts) -

Isn't this the plot of the first movie? Is it the same planet and everything?

#15 Edited by inknail (155 posts) -

Looks like they took a bit of Chronicles of Riddick and paired it with the concepts of Pitch Black. I really liked Pitch Black, so I'll probably still enjoy this, even if it will be a bit re-runish.

#16 Edited by Deranged (1837 posts) -

WICKED!

#17 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Paused it half way through. Definitely looks like they're giving away too much.

But goddamn, I am so ready for this. Now I would love to have a next gen Riddick game. That would be so fucking badass.

#18 Edited by NTM (7321 posts) -

Here we go again. The only reason I mildly like the Riddick films is because of Butcher Bay and even Dark Athena; because of those games, I'm interested in that universe, but I can't really say I think the films are 'good', but fair. I did like the short Dark Fury though quite a bit from what I remember, it kind of reminded me of Dead Space: Downfall, which I also liked quite a bit. Furthermore, no matter what, game or movie, Riddick's a great character. Did you know that the guy that plays Hoxie in Butcher Bay played Barclay in TNG, and the woman that played Revas played Ro Laren, and also, just now as I figured it out, she also plays Judith Mossman in Half Life 2, and the guy that plays Imam in the first two Riddick films plays... Well he plays a bunch of video games characters.

#19 Edited by punkxblaze (2968 posts) -

I WANT IT OH GOD I WANT IT BAD.

#20 Edited by kellzors (4 posts) -

I want to see this so bad, in the mean time I'll just have to watch the trailer another 10 times.

#21 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Showing too much is the new fad in Hollywood it would seem.