Edited By Kontrapunkt

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kontrapunkt

I really don't blog or anything like that, it seems that its likely no one will probably read this anyway but I felt like i needed to write this as soon as I had access to a computer. I was watching some television and whada ya know a TV advert for NHL 2K9, I dare you to try and find a link for it but it went a little like this. Average guy getting a tattoo, tattoo artist asks "Whats this?" and he simply responds, "Ohhhh these are the controls for my hockey game so i can look at them, so the other guy responds "Just get NHL 2K9 wii"...............

Controllers aren't hard, I don't know if you can comprehend this but all there is is 4 buttons 2 analogs 2 triggers and 2 Bumpers, maybe and a D-Pad for the average controller. That's not hard, really it isn't try it sometime, if you have problems pushing "A" when you want to pass a puck or switch player then maybe this WII version is for you or you could try and get some co-ordination its your call.

Bottom line how far are game companies like EA and 2K (possibly just EA soon) going to go to dumb these games down and get off on the excuse being "Oh it will be much more fun to play like a real hockey player!" It just sickens me how far these things are dumbed down, sure it may be difficult for some users to grasp the concept of all those buttons but COME ON, remember when you were little and really really horrible at something but a gear clicked in your mind and you then decided to fall back on the knowledge your parents gave you being "When life give you lemons try harder" (TM Simon Maxwell) umm something like that, but you got better you advanced and moved on, from learning the basic combo's in the street fighter arcades to hardcore roundhouse flying spinning things! Or anything else that seemed very difficult to do in your childhood.

Maybe the sports player that can drive a golf ball 300 yards but has to look down or cant hit "A" when told maybe should try harder and LEARN, Learning is great advancing in the knowledge department can only help not harm, and maybe then you can say no to letting game corporations make dumb games. Don't mind me though if you want go ahead strap on your stupid and swing the Wii remote around to throw a ball or shoot a puck because those 4 buttons will never make any sense.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By mwng

I hear they're removing the controller completely. Hurr.

But I don't really do sports games, unless the sport is shooting someone in the face, so I can't really comment. But like any sport I imagine you have to learn how to use a controller like you'd have to learn how to correctly hit a puck. Maybe that's the part some people have a problem with, the learning bit, they're more into the gratification of scoring goals rather than how they're scoring the goals.

Clearly you're part of a dying minority of sports games fans that prefer to learn how the game works to succeed rather than just succeed. DOOMED TO FOREVER SIT ON THE SIDELINES OF... FUCK IT I CAN'T THINK OF A GOOD PUN.

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kontrapunkt

And the fact that people have problems learning or being ignorant about learning about the things they actually like and enjoy doing is what frightens me. :O

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iam3green

video games are becoming causal and games are getting more sequels. it is a sucking generation that we have been playing. sports games are stupid because all the new year game does is update the roster of the teams and add something new to the game. it is just about it.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Brendan

I believe what you are referring to are Wii sports titles, not HD consoles, right?  HD consoles with pads are just in a transition phase right now where they're trying to implement the kinds of delicate and complex moves pro athletes use (ex. trick stick, etc.) as opposed ot the old direct style of pass and shoot games without the realistic finesse of pro sports.  It's a tough job, and these guys have to do it every year.
gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By gamb1t

I'd play sports games but the computer never loses.

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kontrapunkt
@Brendan:  And I truly hope and believe that one day or year I suppose, they will get it right.
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By recroulette

"Get it right" Yeah, that's rich.

Most people that buy the same sports games year after year after year don't really give a damn about the upgrades and stuff.
 If they can make money off it, then why change it? The "casual" audience rules the market these days.

There shouldn't be a massive learning curve for sports games. 
If a sports game needs an in depth tutorial to teach you how to play, then it will not sell.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By hockeymask27

All I know is I must buy NHL or I'll die. Sorry I know i'm part of the problem.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By damnboyadvance

You're silly. :D

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kontrapunkt
@damnboyadvance:  Well, I try my best. :)
Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kontrapunkt
@RecSpec:  But they do care and they have changed look at the progressive nature of the games they have got better and more advanced. Look at the split between PES and FIFA people are starting to prefer PES due to the new game play mechanics. And I also agree video games shouldn't be obtusely hard just for the sake of " A realistic experience" look at back breaker I am disappointed  at the regression of games and people.