• 62 results
#51 Posted by GS_Dan (1401 posts) -

As a nation, in England we manage to hurt ourselves enough with fireworks that it really is a good thing we don't have these kind of weapons.

#52 Edited by noboners (70 posts) -

It is Oakland, so yes.

#53 Posted by laserguy (432 posts) -

Gunshots are normal here as well as bells and gargoyles.

#54 Posted by ILikePopCans (745 posts) -

ONLY IN MY PANTS!

#55 Posted by yinstarrunner (1181 posts) -

I live in the south, so yes, gunshots were heard all night long. Followed by a short flurry of fireworks around midnight, and then followed by more gunshots at 2 in the morning.

#56 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

I used to where I grew up in the country, but I really don't here in Maryland.

#57 Posted by Rebel_Scum (622 posts) -

Like it or not, guns are a part of life to me and many of the folks that live around me. We sometimes depend on the meat it provides to live.

Lol what? If you can afford guns and bullets why can't you afford to purchase groceries?

#58 Edited by OneLoneClone (59 posts) -

I definitely hear gunshots mixed in with the fireworks here in San Francisco. I'm in noe valley (pretty quiet) but hear shots from visitation valley over the hill, and from the mission district. Drives my dog Otto nuts.

#59 Edited by Roland_D11 (185 posts) -

I live in Hamburg, a major city in Germany, and I luckily have never heard a gun fired here ever :-) .

#60 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

It was the night before New Year's, and all through the fuckin projects
Not a handgun was silent, not even a Tec

....felt appropriate.

#61 Posted by Ghost_of_Perdition (735 posts) -

Nah, only fireworks. Some were mine. :)

#62 Edited by l4wd0g (1892 posts) -

I live in BFE Arizona and I didn't even hear gun shots. However, 10 people were killed by drunk drivers. It's the worst way to bring in the new year.

#63 Posted by Ezakael (910 posts) -

I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood in Canada so no. Surprised I didn't even hear fireworks though.

#64 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

I live in Europe, so no. Only fireworks.