• 59 results
#1 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (4218 posts) -

Perhaps I'm a little slower to pick up on trends than I once was, but I just heard about this today.   

WARNING: Video below probably NSFW

If the video is blocked in your country, try the link below. 
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80778073/  

This was both interesting and hilarious to me, because for years now I've been noticing the tendency for rappers to use threats of--or references to--gay sex as a way of degrading others.  There are some great examples of this in the video above.  I always found it kind of funny how obsessed with gay sex rappers can be, so it makes sense that a rapper or two would come along, notice the same thing, and attempt to do something about it.  While it would seem a rational reaction to the situation would be to simply STOP talking about all the gay sex, instead some rappers have decided they'd rather keep their homophobic threatening statements while making it perfectly clear that they wouldn't really enjoy all that gay sex that they clearly seem to spend so much time fantasizing about.

As said, I just heard about this today, and I thought it would make an interesting thread.  What are your thoughts on the subject?  Does it make sense to you that males should feel the need to justify certain statements so they're not mistaken for someone wanting some hot man sex?  While I would hope not, I do feel that I'd be amused by reading arguments defending the practice, so feel free to state whatever opinion you might have.  At any rate, for as much as some rappers complain about being discriminated against, they sure don't seem to mind their double standards, do they?  
#2 Posted by Dysrianism (49 posts) -

rappers really are obsessed with saying gay things and it's super confusing. Hey Dre, I geddit, you've got beef with Eazy. Why does this result in a mutual dicksucking?

#3 Posted by Mmmslash (2189 posts) -

I've always taken the "No Homo" thing as a joke. It's not an especially funny joke, but it's not quite on the same levels as DMX, either. DMX said some plain, outright hostile things towards the gay community, which was no fun for anyone.

#4 Posted by TheChaos (1205 posts) -

Made me laugh.

#5 Posted by EVO (4028 posts) -
#6 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1420 posts) -

Hilarious

#7 Posted by goodwood (622 posts) -

ya im thinkin all rappers secretly gay it up in hollywood.

#8 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2693 posts) -

"This Video contains content from Current TV LCC, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Curses!

#9 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4218 posts) -
#10 Posted by Clembo (351 posts) -

Listen to any DMX song and you'll know exactly what the OP is talking about.

#11 Posted by crusader8463 (14744 posts) -

Oh homophobes. They are like the racist left over old people from the 20's. It's just hard to take anything they say seriously. Opps, I said hard. No homo.

#12 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1025 posts) -

that was great. i hate when people say no homo. i respond by saying much homo if someone says no homo to me

#13 Posted by Shadow (5110 posts) -

I want you inside of me.  No homo.

#14 Posted by Djeffers03 (2537 posts) -

Cant watch the vid :( Blocked in my country due to copyright claims.

#15 Posted by PenguinDust (12796 posts) -

I saw this video on Current.TV's Infomania show last week.  If you get the channel in America, they'll probably rerun it soon.  The host of this segment also has a collected episode show called "That's Gay" which is very funny, too.  

Honestly, this piece was the first time I've ever heard of this trend.  Admittedly, I don't listen to a lot of new rap so I am out of the loop, but I don't understand why you'd need to make the declaration.  However, I was watching Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and when the boys were happy and hugged, they'd immediately looked away and called each other "fag".  This basically accomplishes the same thing as "no homo" although in a more offensive way.  Of course, that movie was 20 years ago, so what's deemed acceptable has changed since then at least for mainstream movies.   But, it signifies that the heterosexual fear of being believed to be a gay man is not limited to the rap community.  Don't drop the soap, as they say.

#16 Posted by MysteriousBob (6262 posts) -

Blocked in my country. Great.

#17 Posted by thehideousshrew (231 posts) -
#18 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1767 posts) -

Mysteriously it isn't blocked in Denmark. That's new.

#19 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4218 posts) -
@MysteriousBob: 

I've added a link to the original post that might work for you.
#20 Posted by HandsomeDead (11854 posts) -

I first thought of DMX also who has gone on record for saying he shows no love to homo thugs.

#21 Posted by MrKlorox (11142 posts) -

It's also the title of the next Call of Duty controversy level.

"Remember... no Homo."

#22 Posted by Arbie (1480 posts) -

Oh man this gave me a good laugh, I honestly thought it was pure trolloling until I saw the Lil Wayne sequence...

#23 Posted by Somadude (622 posts) -

I laughed like a little girl. no homo.
#24 Posted by Virago (2563 posts) -
@Dysrianism said:
" rappers really are obsessed with saying gay things and it's super confusing. Hey Dre, I geddit, you've got beef with Eazy. Why does this result in a mutual dicksucking? "
because deep down, they just want to get it on.
#25 Posted by Valco (332 posts) -

In my city, we don't say no homo. We say "No JLS"
#26 Posted by kishan6 (1986 posts) -
@Dysrianism said:
" rappers really are obsessed with saying gay things and it's super confusing. Hey Dre, I geddit, you've got beef with Eazy. Why does this result in a mutual dicksucking? "
u realize eazy e's been dead for years right 
and dre hasnt released and album in forever 
y would u think of a 15 year old beef??
#27 Posted by SSValis (1198 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" @Dysrianism said:
u realize eazy e's been dead for years right and dre hasnt released and album in forever y would u think of a 15 year old beef?? "
iz nozz whatcha mean homie! 

but anyways is DMX the one who barks alot and is an Steven Siegal movies?
#28 Posted by TheHBK (5663 posts) -

Well I see the no Homo as a sign of respect.
#29 Posted by Cube (4382 posts) -

It's not gay if you close your eyes.

#30 Posted by Dysrianism (49 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" @Dysrianism said:
u realize eazy e's been dead for years right and dre hasnt released and album in forever y would u think of a 15 year old beef?? "
of course I realise this. I think of a 15 year old beef because

a) it's one of my favourites
b) love Dre and Eazy
c) it shows that homosexuality has always been a part of rap beefs and it is FUCKING STRANGE
#31 Posted by RichardLOlson (1904 posts) -

Yea that was kinda funny.

#32 Posted by Landon (4134 posts) -

#33 Posted by christ0phe (1033 posts) -

Wow, that was gay

#35 Posted by Carlos1408 (1579 posts) -

I must say rap has gone low lol, the new stuff is so shit and pathetic, including the rappers themselves in most cases. It's why I stopped listening to it (a part from the fact that I got into other genres of music).

#36 Posted by frankfartmouth (1048 posts) -

Haven't picked up on that one either, but that's probably because I don't listen to shit rap like lil wayne and kanye west.  
#37 Posted by Rasgueado (794 posts) -

Ahhh... that *was* pretty funny actually. =) 

#38 Posted by 34wsdfsdfwe (166 posts) -

Oh, saying no homo is so homo. 

I love cocks in my mouth, no homo.

#39 Posted by Kyreo (4683 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
" Oh homophobes. They are like the racist left over old people from the 20's. It's just hard to take anything they say seriously. "
#40 Posted by LuccaLover (2 posts) -

I love the That's Gay segments on Infomania! You get props in my book for just knowing what this is.  
 I didn't know about "No Homo" until I watched this either...guess I need to freshen up on my gangster rap, or whatever the kids are calling it these days. 

#41 Posted by natetodamax (19421 posts) -

Society sucks.

#42 Posted by DryvBy (385 posts) -
@LuccaLover: Que?
#43 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" It's also the title of the next Call of Duty controversy level.  "Remember... no Homo." "
man thats fucking hilarious
#44 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6420 posts) -

Its sad that the phrase- "That's gay!"= "Bad" and its also bad that people have to use no homo in order to let everyone know that what they said is not to be perceived as homosexual.

#45 Posted by crusader8463 (14744 posts) -

Yeah, I have a homophobic friend and noticed him say this a few time and had no idea what he was talking about for the longest while. I think the term is stupid, but nothing you can do. Homophobes are going to be homophobes.

#46 Posted by Landon (4134 posts) -
@LuccaLover said:
" I love the That's Gay segments on Infomania! You get props in my book for just knowing what this is.   I didn't know about "No Homo" until I watched this either...guess I need to freshen up on my gangster rap, or whatever the kids are calling it these days.  "
Why did you bring this topic back.
#47 Posted by 9cupsoftea (676 posts) -

more like YES HOMO! amirite?

#48 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
#49 Posted by GilbertMordinAndSullivan (451 posts) -

There's... a lot of rationality and genuine humor instead of hate in this thread. 

Are we still on the internet? Did I miss something?

#50 Posted by captainawesomo (190 posts) -

NYC is probably the only place where you can be a gay thug. In fact some of them go so hard, no homo, that they could be scarier than the straight (sexual orientation) thugs.