• 70 results
#1 Posted by 1momosauky (204 posts) -

After watching bait car for about 4 hours I noticed that the Giant Bomb crew did it again. What non-video game related addictions did you guys pick up from this website?

#2 Posted by FreakAche (2938 posts) -

Hmm... not sure. I guess they were probably a part of what got me into Star Trek, but other than that, I don't know.

#3 Posted by ManotheBard (42 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they talked about coconut water a while back on the Bombcast which led me to try it. I love it.

#4 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

Literally nothing.

#5 Posted by JeanLuc (3518 posts) -

I wouldn't call it an addition but after hearing about it in the new podcast, I'm now in love with Longmont Potion Castle.

#6 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1593 posts) -
@ManotheBard said:

I'm pretty sure they talked about coconut water a while back on the Bombcast which led me to try it. I love it.

After hearing them talk about that, I became curious to try at as well. Then I saw how expensive it was just for one little bottle. Fuck that.
#7 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6375 posts) -

Gosh, I don't know. I'd actually have to think about it.

#8 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

I was about to say "nothing," then I remembered the 20 or so Warhammer 40k books I've read... Damn...

#9 Posted by falserelic (4944 posts) -

I Can't think of anything.

#10 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

I also can't think I anything.

#11 Posted by JoeyRavn (4886 posts) -

I can't remember when or why I started doing crack cocaine, so I'll say that probably nothing.

Maybe saying "zambie" or "sWord", now that I think about it...

#12 Posted by msavo (7522 posts) -

I watched too much fucking bait car after they mentioned it on the podcast. That show is so fucking stupid but at the same time genius.

#13 Posted by BonOrbitz (2089 posts) -

Fucking Doritos. Two years ago Jeff was talking about Doritos, so after about a decade of not having them I went out and bought a bag. I haven't stopped eating them since.

#14 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Not really any addictions but the Whiskeymedia staff's love for Star Trek got me to watch the rejected pilot episode and the official one. I enjoyed them both but I haven't actually seen any more episodes.

#15 Posted by RecSpec (3680 posts) -

Not an addiction but I discovered the brilliant Sushiritto.

#16 Edited by Seppli (9740 posts) -

I know the new Daily Fix host Naomi Kyle must have quite a nasty coke habit (or she's got all year hay fever, and snot nose). So cute.

Edit: Just read your OP, and except for my gaming habit, I'm mostly vice-free. Whores are the only vice worth keeping, I say. Nothing whore-related so far, on the bomb - so I must have picked that up somewhere else.

#17 Posted by 1momosauky (204 posts) -

@ManotheBard: did you try it as a hang over cure like the mentioned? and if so did it actually work?

#18 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1564 posts) -

@1momosauky said:

After watching bait car for about 4 hours I noticed that the Giant Bomb crew did it again.

watching bait car

I tried to figure out what the hell you were talking about for a good couple minutes before giving up and going to Google. I think the lack of capitalization is what did it. All I could imagine was some hillbilly sport where people drink moonshine and drive cars covered tied up with meat through alligator swamps. If that's not a sport, it should be one now.

#19 Posted by ZombieSpace (286 posts) -

They got me watching breaking bad.

#20 Posted by Flacracker (1390 posts) -

Alcohol.

#21 Posted by believer258 (11042 posts) -

Can't think of anything in particular.

#22 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

Heroin.

#23 Posted by Hunter5024 (5170 posts) -

None but they often make me hungry. Ryan's talk a few weeks back about his dad almost got me to go buy a smoker, and made me seriously consider seeing if any of my buddies wanted to go in on a cow with me.

#24 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

Back in the Arrow Pointing Down days, I got seriously into energy drinks. I miss you Gatorade Tiger.

#25 Posted by Godak (166 posts) -

Podcasts? Italian people? XD

#26 Posted by SamFo (1511 posts) -

I've turned into a fat cynical asshole...

Nah just joking, Storage Wars, I guess.

#27 Posted by AngelN7 (2959 posts) -

Creepy... oh right!

#28 Posted by cthomer5000 (660 posts) -

definitely picked up some miller lite punch-tab cans the next time i went to the liquor store after jeff's detailed breakdown of how well they work.

#29 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

Being fucking cool

#30 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

I think Jeff mentioned Comedy Death Ray radio a few years ago and I checked it out. I really liked it and have been listening to cdr/comedy bang bang/earwolf podcasts since.

#31 Posted by Clonedzero (3721 posts) -

domestic violence

#32 Posted by 71Ranchero (2580 posts) -

None at all, if anything the GB crew help me to find what I should avoid like the plague.

#33 Posted by SuperZamrod (269 posts) -

Tested.com! I love those guys!

#34 Posted by HerbieBug (3841 posts) -

Will Smith turned me into a coffee snob. Used to be any ol' cup o' joe would do me fine. Now I've spent over a couple hundred dollars on various brewing devices and grinders. I am concerned with things like extraction and crema and bloom and mouthfeel. I measure every single fucking thing on a precise kitchen scale. If served mediocre coffee at restaurants I make an involuntary grimace. I have considered buying a second set of kettle, grinder and v60 or aeropress to store at work so I don't have to put up with the shitty coffee there anymore.

That said, every cup of coffee brewed in my kitchen is now nothing less than fucking amazing. :D

#35 Edited by ManotheBard (42 posts) -

@1momosauky said:

@ManotheBard: did you try it as a hang over cure like the mentioned? and if so did it actually work?

Sadly, it doesn't work as a hangover cure for me. I just drink it as a refreshing beverage.

#36 Posted by NinjaBerd (220 posts) -

Black Tar Heroin; I buy it from a guy in a storage unit while driving a car I just randomly found with keys in it.

#37 Posted by Superkenon (1191 posts) -

Probably more things than I realize.

They definitely led me into Twin Peaks though, thanks to the Endurance Run.

#38 Posted by Maginnovision (481 posts) -

Nothing

#39 Posted by pyromagnestir (3950 posts) -

racism.

#40 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (660 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

racism.

To be fair, I only do it casually. Y'know, if I'm at a party and someone else is being racist.

#41 Posted by bemusedchunk (580 posts) -

Narcing on dudes in hotels trying to have a good time.

#42 Posted by Killroycantkill (1361 posts) -

This gem for me.

#43 Posted by BBAlpert (1259 posts) -

While nowhere near an addition, I went to Arby's today and tried some of the Horsey Sauce for the first time. It wasn't bad.

#44 Posted by Pezen (1466 posts) -

I wouldn't say they ever got me "addicted" to anything. But I completely blame them for my quest to create and consume a Monte Cristo. A quest I throughly completed with utter success. Well, success is a strong word for that amount of self-abuse, but nevertheless.

#45 Posted by itspizza (420 posts) -

storage wars, zojirushi, maybe breaking bad

#46 Edited by Mahonay (823 posts) -

Twin Peaks. I had not watched it before they did the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run. I had heard a lot about the show but I was a toddler when it was originally on air, so a bit before my time. Netflix just happened to add it to instant streaming and I tore through both seasons of that show in a very short amount time. Fucking love me some Twin Peaks now. Perhaps my favorite show of all time.

#47 Posted by skittles (156 posts) -

I haven't become addicted to anything, but there are various things I've bought, or words that I say that can be traced back here for sure.

I'm the proud owner of a zojirushi coffee flask, which I don't use much anymore, but have certainly used enough for it to qualify as a good purchase. I also bought the book "A World Lit Only By Fire", which Drew mentioned in the first Dwarf Fortress video I believe.

I sometimes say "duder" in conversation, but that's usually around a friend who also follows Giant Bomb. Sometimes just around whoever else I feel like calling duder.

The main turn of phrase that I have picked up from GB is referring to standard versions of objects as "regular-ass". I do it so often that I don't even think about it.

My next goal is to legitimately tell someone to "get bent".

#48 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Saying duder

#49 Posted by crusader8463 (14308 posts) -

Not an addiction, but I bought a zojirushi because of them. Dam thing doesn't hold enough water to quench an ants thirst, but it blew my mind how good it is at keeping stuff cold. I just let the tap water run until it's cold in the morning, and by the end of my shift at work some 10 hours later it's still cool.

#50 Posted by Arkasai (701 posts) -

@FreakAche: I think something similar happened to me when I heard them talking about Star Trek in a bombcast a couple years ago - it made me go and watch all seven seasons of Next Generation on Netflix. Highly recommended even though they don't have it in HD yet.