Nostalgia it quite often masks bad things.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I've been thinking of nostalgia quite alot recently since i started watching Seaquest DSV and quite a few of the episodes in this series really do totally suck.
I mean beyond the first season which was the superior season the 2nd season has quite a few bombs the 3rd season goes up in the quality quatioent *mispelled that but i dont give a damn* is that it has Michael Ironside as the captain.  But beyond that before i started watching the series i had quite a few fond memories of it and when i started rewatching it im like.......wow so much of this sucks now i've moved beyond its concepts and ideals....the same can be said for quite a few games i've been replaying recently they just don't hold up today in terms of story and such graphics are obvious but when the storyline has been surpassed by scope and method...yeah.

What do you think?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I've been thinking of nostalgia quite alot recently since i started watching Seaquest DSV and quite a few of the episodes in this series really do totally suck.
I mean beyond the first season which was the superior season the 2nd season has quite a few bombs the 3rd season goes up in the quality quatioent *mispelled that but i dont give a damn* is that it has Michael Ironside as the captain.  But beyond that before i started watching the series i had quite a few fond memories of it and when i started rewatching it im like.......wow so much of this sucks now i've moved beyond its concepts and ideals....the same can be said for quite a few games i've been replaying recently they just don't hold up today in terms of story and such graphics are obvious but when the storyline has been surpassed by scope and method...yeah.

What do you think?

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By optimusprime223

yeah i get that with movies from time to time, totally agree with ya. but lets face it, nostalgia is great really!

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Manachild

I tried to play silent hill 1 cause it came out on PSN today.... its taking alot of effort, i'm telling you now.

Speaking of nostalgia, you bought chrono trigger for the ds right?, how do you think that holds up? that game was badass... when it first came out.
Thinking about picking it up.
Retrogimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Retrogimp

I know what you mean. Most N64 games I owned are still held in high esteem when I remember them, but I just know that if I was to play them again I'd probably be pretty underwhelmed.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

I've had problems watching SeaQuest DSV since Jonathan Bradis shot himself in the head.  I do recall an outlandish episode where kids were piloting real mechs shooting up other mechs, as well as the city, thinking they were in an online video game. 

I can only go back one generation and not feel like I'm wasting my time unless it's an RPG now on the DS. 

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Gmanall

Sim Copter dang I love the old days of running around a city while turned into a dog and aliens at the end good ol days 

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Snipzor

I remember when I played the hell out of Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past. All I need to hear now is the music and I tear up. I'd love to play it, but I get so underwhelmed by it halfway through, I hate it when that happens. Nostalgia is best for the memories, damn near ruined Toy Story if it weren't for the fact that Pixar is godly in terms of making layered movies.

Currently trying as hard as possible to play Mafia, but I'm having some trouble.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

If you can, it is better to live in the present & think about the future, than dwell on the past..

Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fei

Everything beyond season 1 of Transformers is crap. I rewatched all episodes recently.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK

Yeah that happens. You say things like your schildhood days were the best or something but you don't recall how much it sucked not having any freedom or pocket money or game boys with no backlight

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
crunchUK said:
"Yeah that happens. You say things like your schildhood days were the best or something but you don't recall how much it sucked not having any freedom or pocket money or game boys with no backlight"
Remember the positives things in your childhood, forget the negatives.
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Most things I loved back in the day I still love now. Maybe it's not nostalgia. Maybe it's just that they are good and I still like them. Like the original Sonic games. I still play the hell out of those games.