Now I'm just left wondering, why?

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Edited By dj

I just spent the last week of my free time mopping up the final achievements for the Force Unleashed. For some reason the trivial award of a bleep-bloop and an increase in a completely meaningless number drove me to waste precious days of summer. There are many things I could have been doing yet I chose to spend it running the the TIE fighter factory over and over again just to get some points. This obsessive compulsive behavior has been confusing me for a while now. I still have no idea why I spent so much fucking time with the broken game. I found this game very fun the first time through. I played it on easy after hearing so much frustration about it. After playing this game over again of hard and replaying missions countless times, every single annoyance this game had was made exponentially more infuriating. Even with the constant stream of curses and enraged ramblings, I still chose to finish this game. Instead of feeling satisfied, I feel relieved. Surely everyone has had some case like this happen to them; or maybe I'm just crazy and have too much time on my hands.   

Have you ever spent way too much time on a game? 

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1  Edited By dj

I just spent the last week of my free time mopping up the final achievements for the Force Unleashed. For some reason the trivial award of a bleep-bloop and an increase in a completely meaningless number drove me to waste precious days of summer. There are many things I could have been doing yet I chose to spend it running the the TIE fighter factory over and over again just to get some points. This obsessive compulsive behavior has been confusing me for a while now. I still have no idea why I spent so much fucking time with the broken game. I found this game very fun the first time through. I played it on easy after hearing so much frustration about it. After playing this game over again of hard and replaying missions countless times, every single annoyance this game had was made exponentially more infuriating. Even with the constant stream of curses and enraged ramblings, I still chose to finish this game. Instead of feeling satisfied, I feel relieved. Surely everyone has had some case like this happen to them; or maybe I'm just crazy and have too much time on my hands.   

Have you ever spent way too much time on a game? 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I know what you mean about that game - even though it was EXTREMELY frustrating, I still went back to it.  

For me, I spent too much time on Morrowind. However, unlike you, I think all of that time was well spent :p I just put so much time into it.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By torus

Hmm, not really. I hate grinding, so I don't. You just need more games, so you can switch between them. Variety is the spice of life. 

Also, achievements really aren't much of an achievement. I don't bother with them.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Lies

Man, I am like a Force Unleashed NINJA now. Nothing can touch me after all the time I spent playing that game. I found it a game that became more enjoyable the more I played it, as I knew how to properly utilize my powers and avoid the bullshit. Even on Sith Master as log as you take care it shouldn't be too frustrating.

The achievements I will give you are kinda crap, having to spam a particular Force power over and over again, but I never found the game particularly frustrating.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By DBoy

I've just passed the 100-hour mark in Fallout 3, so yeah, I guess so.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6  Edited By JamesF

I'm at 70 hours in Fallout so I guess I can relate.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Xandurson

I will, yes. Right now I'm working on all the achievements in Lego Indiana Jones but it's actually fun so I don't mind too much.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By oldschool

Just clocked 147 hours on Pokemon Platinum, with only 5 badges, so I can releate to the OCD aspects of gaming.  This is a long way from the combined 2 playthroughs of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on the GBA - that was 1000 hours.  Man I was addicted to that - and I loved it  :-)