#451 Posted by JacDG (2112 posts) -

Come on Seahawks!!! My nerves are shredded right now, I CAN'T HANDLE THIS!!

#452 Posted by RecSpec (3681 posts) -

Can't score on a forward fumble. Goddamn this game is insane.

#453 Posted by Dethfish (3590 posts) -

@JacDG said:

Come on Seahawks!!! My nerves are shredded right now, I CAN'T HANDLE THIS!!

#454 Posted by Dethfish (3590 posts) -

Seahawks, please do not pull the same shit you did in the Bears game in the 4th quarter

#455 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

Wow, really Seahawks? You're going to lose this game after all that?

#456 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Jesus these playoffs.

#457 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

Stop this icing the kicker shit, you numbnuts.

#458 Posted by Dethfish (3590 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Wow, really Seahawks? You're going to lose this game after all that?

The Seahawks defense with less than one minute in the 4th is apparently horrid

#459 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

WHAT KIND OF KICK WAS THAT

#460 Posted by RecSpec (3681 posts) -

Thank god, if Seattle would've pulled out the win after that, next week would have been terrifying for the 49ers. 

The Falcons are MUCH more manageable opponent.

#461 Posted by JacDG (2112 posts) -

Thanks for screwing up the win by taking points off the board in the first half Pete Carroll; Darell Bevell and crew, fuck this shit.

#462 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

Pete Carroll is fucking useless holy shit.

#463 Posted by JacDG (2112 posts) -

I feel so empty right now, two chances in the first half for 3 points and that timeout, if just...

#464 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

HECK YEAH

#465 Posted by uniform (1830 posts) -

One game left this weekend. I really need a week break from Bud Light Pitbull commercials.

#466 Posted by TooWalrus (12973 posts) -

Won my pick. Not like it mattered, but that was a fun game to watch.

#467 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

We have to play better next week or the 9ers will smash us.

#468 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

49ers vs Ravens for the Super Bowl.

#469 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

I guess I'll be rooting for the Ravens to win the Super Bowl. I really don't want to see the Falcons or 49ers win.

#470 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -

Tremble in fear! 

#471 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

3/4 on my picks don't let me down Brady.

#472 Posted by Dethfish (3590 posts) -

That ended up being a very exciting game. I would of rather the Hawks won, but sometimes shitty first halfs come back to bite you in the ass. I would of loved to have Round 3 next week between the 49ers.

It was a pretty good season for the Seahawks nonetheless, especially considering the low expectations of the team at the start of the year. I think this team has a lot of potential and one of the best things about them is how young most of them are. It's kind of nuts how many 1st and 2nd year starters they have. Hopefully they'll be this good for a while. I'm just the tiniest bit relieved they lost. As a fan, this season has been so exhausting. Very exciting, but exhausting. They never lost by more than 7 points. It's too damn stressful. Next week I can go back to watching football without stressing out over the outcome. People around the country can go back to hating/ignoring the Seahawks now.

Also, Tony Gonzalez and the Falcons seemed due to win a playoff game. And Patrick Klepek is a salty piece of shit.

#473 Posted by Veektarius (4147 posts) -

49ers. That is all.

#474 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

You know the pats are gonna win the Superbowl, right?

#475 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -
@clumsyninja1

Yep. This is what happens when the Giants don't make the playoffs. I hope you're all happy.
#476 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

@clumsyninja1 said:

Ray Lewis says NOPE!

#477 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

Houston, you done flunked up. Baltimore, I know you can do this.

#478 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1684 posts) -

I wouldn't take anything from the first Baltimore-New England game. That game was a catastrophic officiating mess that was overshadowed by the Seattle-Green Bay hail mary mess the next night.

#479 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

4/4! Next week I got Ravens and Falcons.

#480 Edited by uniform (1830 posts) -

Past 2 Ravens losses to the Pats were by 3 points. That head-scratcher kick by Cundiff at the end of last year's AFC Championship game will really fuel Baltimore next week. Then we have the Ray of Light-factor. Also, Pats fans have not forgot that shit kicking the Pats received by the Ravens in the WC in '09 season. It all amounts to rarely believing the Patriots have an advantage over the Ravens. If you're a Pats fan, Baltimore is one of those teams you prefer to not face. It's along the same lines as the Giants, yet not to that extent. Should be a good match. 

#481 Posted by WMoyer83 (585 posts) -

I want the Ravens to play the 49ers so there could be the possibility of the brother coaches getting into a fist fight.

#482 Edited by Lagaroth (169 posts) -

It is being reported that Chip Kelly is the new Eagles coach. (Not confirmed yet as far as I know.)

Edit: Team website confirms.

#483 Posted by Atlas (2400 posts) -

Strange that Kelly went from announcing that he was going back to Oregon, and all of a sudden he's the Eagles coach. It'll be interesting to see how Kelly intends to utilise the weapons they have in Philly; I imagine LeSean McCoy will become a much bigger part of the offense than he was under Reid. There are of course two glaring question marks; Vick, and the offensive line. I'd be surprised if they used the 4th overall pick to take Geno Smith or Matt Barkley, but there is a lot of offensive line talent in this draft, so maybe it makes more sense for them to draft an OL and then pursue Alex Smith. One thing's for sure, if Kelly intends to implement a similar offense to the one he ran at Oregon, they can't have Mike Vick as the QB. He's too injury prone as it is. Smith, though, is bigger, pretty mobile, and has a solid arm. That's why I think it'd be a good fit.

That is, assuming the Eagles think their defense is fine as regards talent, and all they need is a good defensive coordinator to get the best out of what they've got. Personally, I still think they need a game-changing LB and an emotional leader for the unit. The Eagles just haven't been the same since they lost Brian Dawkins.

#484 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

I remember being very scared because I heard someone was trying to talk Gruden into going to Philly. Glad it wasn't true.

Suppose this is another thing for Browns fans to be bitter about.

#485 Posted by Atlas (2400 posts) -

So now another playoff team has now lost one of their coaches; Gus Bradley, formerly defensive coordinator in Seattle, has accepted the head coaching position in Jacksonville. Bradley is a young coach - he's 46, and only became an NFL coach in 2006 - but he has done a masterful job of building up the Seahawks as one of the NFL's defensive power houses for the past 2 seasons - it of course helps that the Seahawks have drafted well, but Bradley still deserves credit. Obviously the Jags offense got the most coverage for its ineptitude, and their failure to find a QB and their lack of MJD were seen as the main contributors to their 2-14 season, but their defense was also 30th both in scoring defense and yards allowed, so clearly the defensive side of the ball needs a lot of work as well. And Bradley being a young coach doesn't necessarily strike me as an issue, especially considering they also have a very new owner who hired David Caldwell to his first GM job. It's a young organisation across the board, and that can work out OK.

Overall it seems like, on paper, a pretty great hire, but the Jaguars team has so many issues that I hope Shad Khan is aware that it is going to be a 3-4 year project to turn this franchise around. The main thing though is they need to improve their drafts. They can give Blaine Gabbert one more season - especially since this year's crop of rookie QBs is insufficient compared to recent years - and so using a high pick on a star defensive player could give Bradley a great building block to establish a competitive defense.

#486 Edited by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

This is it, folks.

AFC Championship Game

Away TeamHome TeamFinal Score
Baltimore RavensNew England Patriots28-13 BAL

NFC Championship Game

Away TeamHome TeamFInal Score
San Francisco 49ersAtlanta Falcons28-24 SF
#487 Posted by papercut (3354 posts) -

@WMoyer83 said:

I want the Ravens to play the 49ers so there could be the possibility of the brother coaches getting into a fist fight.

Same

#488 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Falcons TD!!

#489 Posted by g00ber (91 posts) -

Harbaugh seemed pleased with that call.

#490 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

GG 49ers.

#491 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -

Dang.

#492 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (925 posts) -

@g00ber said:

Too bad they won, the post-game press conference would've been amazing.

#493 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

I'm sure a lot of west coast duders are happy right now.

#494 Posted by g00ber (91 posts) -

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@g00ber said:

Too bad they won, the post-game press conference would've been amazing.

Would have been epic for sure. Now I'm just rooting against a Harbowl. ESPN will cream its pants for 2 weeks leading up to the game.

#495 Posted by uniform (1830 posts) -
#496 Posted by JacDG (2112 posts) -

@uniform said:

I hate that guy. Go Pats/Ravens, whoever wins tonight will have an extra fan the first sunday in February.

#497 Edited by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

EDIT: Damnit, got beat to the punch.

#498 Posted by Hailinel (22708 posts) -

If the Patriots advance, I will be a 49ers fan for one day, because fuck the Patriots. If the Ravens advance, I won't care who wins, so long as the game is actually entertaining.

#499 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

If the Ravens lose, I'm pulling a Harbaugh.

#500 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1678 posts) -

@JacDG said:

@uniform said:

I hate that guy. Go Pats/Ravens, whoever wins tonight will have an extra fan the first sunday in February.

It was a terrible call, oh and The Pats suck as long as they don't win the SB I'm all good