#501 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

Hardbaugh Bowl.

#502 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1169 posts) -

@uniform said:

#503 Posted by RecSpec (3926 posts) -

Harbaugh flipping out aside, that was the right call. The way the ruling works, you need to be 100% sure before you overturn a call. Too close to overturn it. 
 Rooting for the Patriots for the next one, but either way is fine by me. 18 years later, Niners finally back in the Super Bowl.

#504 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

Ray Lewis is gonna kill again tonight!

#505 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
#506 Edited by Atlas (2457 posts) -

Predictions on Falcons wins next season? I think this is a hell of a team, and one of the main reasons they lost tonight - aside from the 49ers play - is that they lacked focus and toughness, which led to them falling asleep in the second half. If they can correct that, then this is still a 12-13 win team. In the first halves against Seattle and San Francisco, they looked like the best team in football. They've got the playoff win monkey off their back, they're a relatively young team, and they have a lot of pieces in place to be a major contender for the next 3-5 seasons. As for the division, Saints will make a comeback and Buccaneers will be better in 2013, but the Panthers are a season or two away from competing. I still think the Falcons will be the dominant team in the South next season.

49ers will win the Super Bowl. I don't have confidence in either the Patriots or the Ravens beating them.

#507 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1811 posts) -

@Atlas said:

Predictions on Falcons wins next season? I think this is a hell of a team, and one of the main reasons they lost tonight - aside from the 49ers play - is that they lacked focus and toughness, which led to them falling asleep in the second half. If they can correct that, then this is still a 12-13 win team. In the first halves against Seattle and San Francisco, they looked like the best team in football. They've got the playoff win monkey off their back, they're a relatively young team, and they have a lot of pieces in place to be a major contender for the next 3-5 seasons. As for the division, Saints will make a comeback and Buccaneers will be better in 2013, but the Panthers are a season or two away from competing. I still think the Falcons will be the dominant team in the South next season.

49ers will win the Super Bowl. I don't have confidence in either the Patriots or the Ravens beating them.

They better, Falcons played extremely poor in the second half. If they don't tighten that up next season forget the playoffs.

#508 Posted by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -

I'm told that Matt Ryan is allegedly an elite QB. Could have fooled me the past two weeks. In five years as a starting QB he has as many playoff wins as Tim Tebow and now less than Colin Kaepernick. He's the new Peyton Manning, except that he'll never make it to a Super Bowl at this rate.

#509 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

Either way, I don't think SF stands a chance against the Ravens or Pats.

#510 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Go the Ravens!

#511 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

Either way, I don't think SF stands a chance against the Ravens or Pats.

What makes you say that? 49ers are probably the most talented team in the league, and Justin Smith now has 2 weeks to get healthy - I truly believe that his injury is a huge part of why their defense has been less effective in recent weeks. Brady and the Patriots will be the toughest test for the 49ers, but in terms of match-ups the Niners are the only team that has the linebackers to match up against Hernandez and the trio of RBs for New England. Aldon Smith was very good for much of their first meeting against Nate Solder, the secondary is very solid across the board, and the Patriots don't have too much experience playing against mobile quarterbacks - they lost to Russell Wilson and Kaepernick during the regular season. The Patriots pass defense doesn't match up that well against the wealth of weapons the Niners have on offense, so they will need to rely on pressuring Kaepernick - only problem with that is that the Niners also have one of the best offensive lines in all of football.

I'm not saying there's no way the Pats would win - I would be concerned about Belichick confusing Kaepernick and scheming against his strengths, and I am always very uncomfortable when betting against Tom Brady - but to say the Niners wouldn't stand a chance seems insane to me.

#512 Posted by papercut (3553 posts) -
@uniform
I love our coach so god damn much
#513 Posted by g00ber (91 posts) -

@papercut said:

@uniform
I love our coach so god damn much

If he's yours, you love him. If he's not, you can't stand him. Just one of those guys.

#514 Posted by deadmoscow (268 posts) -

So, eleven minutes for the Pats to score fifteen+ points. Don't go nuts yet, Ravens fans. This series has a history of dramatic finishes.

#515 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Brady just Britta'd this game.

#516 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

The only way Baltimore is losing at this point is if some crazy Heidi Game level shenanigans happen.

#517 Posted by ThePickle (4167 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

Brady just Britta'd this game.

Way to pull an Abed.

#518 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

This is great. Fuck the pats.

#519 Posted by ThePickle (4167 posts) -

BALTIMORE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP CELEBRATING. You will only anger the football gods.

#520 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

There's just no way at this point. Is there? New England's already burned all of their time outs, they're down by fifteen, and it's the two-minute warning.

#521 Posted by RecSpec (3926 posts) -

Bring on the Harbowl. 

#522 Posted by g00ber (91 posts) -

As a Broncos fan, I'm happy for the Ravens... as much as that stings.

#523 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

FUCK

#524 Posted by deadmoscow (268 posts) -

Harbowl!

#525 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

It's over. Holy shit.

#526 Posted by Milkman (17314 posts) -

Welp, I can't say I was expecting that.

#527 Posted by ThePickle (4167 posts) -

Okay, NOW we can celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#528 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -

Ouch. Pats looked as bad as the wildcard losers. Great second half by Baltimore. I'll be rooting for them in the SB, but I honestly didn't see any team in the AFC beating the Pack, 9ers, Hawks. I'm surprised to see someone in this thread give an AFC advantage.

#529 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

And so extends the Patriots' inability to win a Super Bowl without stealing signals from the other teams.

*Insert trollface here*

#530 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -

Somewhere the harbaugh family is just glad they rule football.

#531 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -
@Hailinel

And so extends the Patriots' inability to win a Super Bowl without stealing signals from the other teams.

*Insert trollface here*

I love you.
#532 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Well, they're going to have an interesting Thanksgiving this year.

#533 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

I wanted the Ravens to win, but wow. I did not expect such a commanding win.

#534 Edited by Atlas (2457 posts) -

John Harbaugh and the Ravens are 2-1 at Foxboro in the playoffs. That is...amazing. They showed a stat in the 4th quarter that said that with Brady at QB, the Pats are 67-0 when leading at halftime in home games. Cannot diminish the achievement of this Ravens team, who everyone doubted but who got hot at the right time and played with more heart than anyone else.

Bring on the HarBowl. It's going to be a great Super Bowl.

#535 Posted by RecSpec (3926 posts) -

If it wasn't for that tipped pass, it probably would've been a hell of a finish.  
 Glad that the Ravens were able to avenge their complete choke from last year.

#536 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

Ray Lewis was not doing that for the cameras at all.

#537 Posted by Milkman (17314 posts) -

@uniform said:

#538 Posted by RecSpec (3926 posts) -

The Patriots disappeared like Ray Lewis's white suit. 

#539 Posted by g00ber (91 posts) -

Ravens D really came to play. Can't believe the Super Bowl is almost here... I don't want it to end! Someone console me. I don't wanna watch college basketball for the next 3 months.

#540 Posted by Dethfish (3697 posts) -

I'll be rooting for the Ravens in the Super Bowl because I'll be damned if I cheer for the 49ers. I don't think the Ravens will win though, but then again I've thought that for the past two weeks now.

#541 Posted by papercut (3553 posts) -
@Milkman

@uniform said:

The Hardbowl will have the heaviest drops
#542 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

Anyone else tired of Ray Lewis yet?

#543 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Anyone else tired of Ray Lewis yet?

I cringed when he was on the ground praying.

#544 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Jesus you asshole, stop picking favorites.

#545 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -

I dunno. I don't like or dislike Ray. He is a presence, and it's kind of sad when those type of players disappear. I felt the same way about Favre.

#546 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

I got a picture of Ray Lewis's best play tonight.

#547 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

I'm a bit biased, but I don't really get how anyone can love football and hate Ray Lewis at the same time. The guy is an amazing player and a magnetic inspiring personality.

#548 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse said:

Jesus you asshole, stop picking favorites.

#549 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -
#550 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -

As a Falcons fan you kinda get use to disappointment. But this loss stings the WORST.