#551 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Now I have to be reminded of the Ravens when I load up Madden...

#552 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Anyone else tired of Ray Lewis yet?

He's this year's Jerome Bettis.

#553 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Phatmac said:

Pretty much.

#554 Posted by RecSpec (3926 posts) -
@Phatmac said:

@Hailinel said:

@Phatmac said:

Pretty much.

Especially since you know he'll land on an NFL program in a year or so.
#555 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

I'm not a man of Faith at all, but the disrespect some of you have shown towards of Ray Lewis is crazy, don't share his faith? OK then how about ignoring that and appreciating him for the player he is as has been for 17 years.

#556 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@BD_Mr_Bubbles: I'm just a bitter New Englander. 
#557 Posted by deadmoscow (268 posts) -

@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

I'm not a man of Faith at all, but the disrespect some of you have shown towards of Ray Lewis is crazy, don't share his faith? OK then how about ignoring that and appreciating him for the player he is as has been for 17 years.

I think the disrespect comes from the possibility that me might have, you know, killed someone.

#558 Edited by RecSpec (3926 posts) -
@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

Tony Gonzalez might retire as well, but you didn't see a camera up his ass for the whole playoffs. 
#559 Posted by g00ber (91 posts) -

@RecSpec said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

Tony Gonzalez might retire as well, but you didn't see a camera up his ass for the whole playoffs.

Exactly. The camera was literally jammed up his nostrils, while weeping, during the national anthem. The next two weeks are going to be painful with the Harbaugh/Ray Lewis extreme over coverage.

#560 Posted by Eirikr (1010 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

As a Baltimorean, I'm gonna have to give a hearty "NO" to that.

The man's got one more game in him. Then he'll be out of your hair and in your NFL Network commentating.

#561 Edited by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

@g00ber said:

@RecSpec said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

Exactly. The camera was literally jammed up his nostrils, while weeping, during the national anthem. The next two weeks are going to be painful with the Harbaugh/Ray Lewis extreme over coverage.

Media coverage goes where it wants, remember Tebowmania? that said I'm sure RL didn't ask for it he just gets it because of his overzealous faith driven antics that said I don't think media coverage is his intention with that stuff.@deadmoscow said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

I think the disrespect comes from the possibility that me might have, you know, killed someone.

Doesn't basic law state innocent until proven guilty?@Breadfan said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles: I'm just a bitter New Englander.

You have that right, though your coach's denial of a post game interview (not the press room the tunnel area) shows poor sportsmanship on his part.

#562 Posted by RecSpec (3926 posts) -
@BD_Mr_Bubbles: He's no different than every other athlete that thanks God for everything. You act like he's getting all of that attention solely because of his faith. 
#563 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

@RecSpec said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles: He's no different than every other athlete that thanks God for everything. You act like he's getting all of that attention solely because of his faith.

I never said it was solely because of that, Its mostly because of him coming back from injury and planning to retire. My point was the media coverage as a result of those things has magnified his belief in faith. Therefore turning some people off like Tebowmania did.

#564 Posted by Lagaroth (171 posts) -

I wonder if any on air personality will dare to say 'Harbauwl'.

#565 Posted by g00ber (91 posts) -

@BD_Mr_Bubbles: That's my point is that the media glorifies this guy like some sort of deity. My problem is with the media not necessarily Ray Lewis. Though the guy could really cool it a little...

That 'show' in front of the cameras at the end of the game was absurd. Don't give a shit what anyone says. No cameras and he's not acting like that.

#566 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -
@Lagaroth said:

Harbowl has already been used a lot. I heard Rich Eisen say Bro Bowl. Leading up to SB is gonna get silly to the point where it just gets obnoxious. Like an old meme.

That nonsense aside, this should be the best SB matchup a neutral fan could ask for. I don't see the other AFC playoff teams having success against the 49ers, while I do see the Ravens making this interesting.
#567 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

@g00ber said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles: That's my point is that the media glorifies this guy like some sort of deity. My problem is with the media not necessarily Ray Lewis. Though the guy could really cool it a little...

That 'show' in front of the cameras at the end of the game was absurd. Don't give a shit what anyone says. No cameras and he's not acting like that.

Ok so what does a guy his age need to do that for it certainly can't be attention as he already had that.

#568 Posted by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

Joe Flacco is now the all-time leader in road wins

#FLACCOELITEASFUCK

#569 Posted by g00ber (91 posts) -

@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

@g00ber said:

Ok so what does a guy his age need to do that for it certainly can't be attention as he already had that.

I dunno. People of all ages want attention, so I wouldn't just automatically rule that out. Whether it's intentional or not for him to come off the way he does, it still annoys me haha.

He's been a hell of a football player for most of his career though, no doubt. Can't take that away from him.

#570 Posted by DocHaus (1374 posts) -

@Lagaroth said:

Pretty sure the NFL network has circlejerked on this already.

On a completely unrelated note: is Alex Smith heading to Jacksonville or Kansas City now that Kaepernick has solidified his role on the niners? Maybe the Jets could use a merely okay QB?

#571 Edited by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

One. More. Day.

#572 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@DocHaus said:

@Lagaroth said:

Pretty sure the NFL network has circlejerked on this already.

On a completely unrelated note: is Alex Smith heading to Jacksonville or Kansas City now that Kaepernick has solidified his role on the niners? Maybe the Jets could use a merely okay QB?

I read something in the news this past week that suggested Smith might seek a release after the season is over. No idea where he'd end up, but given the slim QB pickings in the draft, teams could do worse than signing him.

#573 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

So first things first, anyone surprised by the Hall of Fame announcements? Ogden and Allen are entirely deserving of being first-ballot, and the same goes for Sapp...but I think I'd have put Strahan in the Hall before any of them, except maybe Allen. Aeneas Willams and Will Shields are entirely worthy as well, but they'll get plenty more chances in the years to come, and I'm sure they'll get there. And finally the WR logjam is beginning to clear as Carter finally - and deservedly - is inducted, which is good news for Marvin Harrison, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt and the rest of the upcoming possible HOF receivers. I've only been watching football long enough to see Parcells' tenure in Dallas, but it's still really stupid that people think his inclusion is controversial. Few have his clout in the coaching ranks, and he coached some absolutely awesome teams. Also, some credit has to be given to him for hiring a young unproven defensive coach named Bill Belichick.

Second, what're people's Super Bowl plans? Since I'm English, the SB ends at about 4am, and we don't get the commercials, so it's a very different experience to the American Super Bowl experience, but I'm super excited about the game. I'm watching with my father, cousin, and uncle, and we'll have plenty of snacks and beers on hand to get through the night. My prediction is that since more often than not my predictions have been wrong through this postseason - including wrongly picking both championship games - I'm inclined to pick the team that my intuition tells me is less likely to win - which is the Baltimore Ravens.

#574 Posted by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

The day is here.

Big stories! Adrian Peterson is MVP! Cris Carter is in the hall of fame!

Super Bowl XLVII

AFCNFCFinal Score
Baltimore RavensSan Francisco 49ers
#575 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

Oh I also forgot to mention the NFL Honours last night. I watched clips on NFL.com, and the whole thing seems really weird, that they're basically trying to make the football Oscars. I also kinda don't like it when they give the Offensive Player of the Year award and the MVP award to the same player. Maybe it's petty, but it just seems like a waste. AP was my MVP, but I'd have given OPOY to Megatron, who broke a quite remarkable record this year and was truly dominant. Say what you will, and yeah the Lions were awful and played from behind a ton, but that makes him no less deserving. J.J. Watt is clearly the only choice for DPOY; 20.5 sacks for a 5-technique DL is truly unbelievable. 3-4 DE is one of the least glamorous positions in football (just ask ex-Steeler Aaron Smith), and he became a star in 2012.

RGIII was the obvious OROY pick, but I still don't like it. It feels more down to cult of personality than anything else, and his numbers were padded by the system he played in. Did he have a phenomenal rookie season? Yes. Better than Cam Newton and Sam Bradford in 2011 and 2010 respectively? Absolutely. Did he have a better season than Russell Wilson? No. Will he have a better career than Andrew Luck? I highly doubt it.

#576 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I just bought a bag of shitty hot wings, my body is ready.

#577 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

I just bought a bag of shitty hot wings, my body is ready.

haha same

#578 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3923 posts) -

Heading to Super Bowl party. So much terrible food

LETS GO NINERS!!!

#579 Posted by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

@Atlas said:

Oh I also forgot to mention the NFL Honours last night. I watched clips on NFL.com, and the whole thing seems really weird, that they're basically trying to make the football Oscars. I also kinda don't like it when they give the Offensive Player of the Year award and the MVP award to the same player. Maybe it's petty, but it just seems like a waste. AP was my MVP, but I'd have given OPOY to Megatron, who broke a quite remarkable record this year and was truly dominant.

It might have made for better awards, but it wouldn't make much sense. If Adrian Peterson isn't the best offensive player, how is he the most valuable player? It's kind of like a film winning best picture but nothing else.

#580 Posted by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

...and the award for most disgusting mouth sounds in a Super Bowl commercial goes to Go Daddy!

#581 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

FUCK YEAG FAST 6!!

#582 Posted by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

Chalk another 6 on the board. B'more is playing a hell of a game, hopefully they can keep it up.

#583 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2542 posts) -

Game Over.

#584 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Thanks, Obama.

#585 Posted by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

Thanks, Obama.

Katie Notopoulos retweeted about a dozen people unironically blaming the outage on Obama.

#586 Posted by GnaTSoL (836 posts) -

Thought JEricho was gonna make another return...... Disappointment....

#587 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
#588 Posted by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

@Claude said:

Damn you Claude, I knew it was you.

#589 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@ThePickle: Haha. John Daly posted this picture on his facebook page. Pretty funny.

And San Fran scores!!!
#590 Edited by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

<>

#591 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@ThePickle said:

<>

<>
#592 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

This is completely bullshit.

#593 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

This game man, this game! Amazing.

@Claude said:

@ThePickle said:

<>

<>

<>

#594 Posted by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

BODYMORE

#595 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

Christ that was a bit too close, glad the Ravens pulled it off! Perfect sending off for Ray Lewis and the big crybaby didn't win it.

#596 Posted by RecSpec (3926 posts) -

My heart is broken but it was a fun ride. Seriously shouldn't have been as close as it was. Congrats Baltimore fans, Joe Flacco is a goddamn machine.

#597 Posted by ninjalegend (460 posts) -

That was a good one. Love the close games.

#598 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

A really good effort by both teams and the losing team should be proud for not giving up.

#599 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Congrats Ravens!

#600 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Lol, Jim Harbaugh.

Glad to see the Ravens pull through with the win.