sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#351  Edited By sarge1445

@ThePickle said:

(Disclaimer: In no way is this topic official. Then again, they rarely are).

Starting moderator CitizenKane is a no show, so his backup ThePickle will be taking control of the field with this one. Let's break down our week 1:

Week 1 (9/9/12)

HomeAwayFinal Score
New York GiantsDallas Cowboys24-17 DAL
Chicago BearsIndianapolis Colts41-21 CHI
Cleveland BrownsPhiladelphia Eagles17-16 PHI
Detroit LionsSt. Louis Rams27-23 DET
Houston TexansMiami Dolphins30-10 HOU
Kansas City ChiefsAtlanta Falcons40-24 ATL
Minnesota VikingsJacksonville Jaguars26-23 MIN
New Orleans SaintsWashington Redskins40-32 WAS
New York JetsBuffalo Bills48-28 NYJ
Tennessee TitansNew England Patriots34-13 NE
Arizona CardinalsSeattle Seahawks20-16 ARZ
Green Bay PackersSan Francisco 49ers30-22 SF
Tampa Bay BuccaneersCarolina Panthers16-10 TB
Denver BroncosPittsburgh Steelers31-19 DEN
Baltimore RavensCincinnati Bengals44-13 BAL
Oakland RaidersSan Diego Chargers22-14 SD
No Caption Provided

Be sure to follow ZODIAC MOTHERFUCKER for your minute to minute live tweeting coverage of the Detroit Lions!

Ice Cube made another song about the Raiders. Better than Raider Nation? Nothing is. But it's fine I guess. It's associated with Pepsi. So you know it's gangsta. http://www.pepsianthems.com/artists/ice-cube

As a Bronco fan that music video at the end made me want to vomit

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#352  Edited By rand0mZer00

It's been a while since I last posted in this topic (as I'm sure you are all aware of....or not..) but man this season has been well...by the books. It seems like almost everybody's prediction as to who would win their division and wild card spots is right on the money, and while that's OK I always enjoy the unexpectedness that comes with sports.

So, with that in mind, here are the three reasons why I liked this past NFL season:

1.) Rookie QBs are no longer a long term project. RG III, Andrew Luck & Russell Wilson were able to flourish in their team's system this season because they weren't forced to be like everyone told them to be and were just themselves. That old adage of college systems never working in the NFL are slowly starting to go away, and this season is proof of that.

2.) Peyton Manning is doing everything I never thought he would be able to do anymore, and then some. I will admit, I didn't think Peyton would be able to get back to form so quickly, if ever. So it's nice to be wrong on that front. But what is steering this Broncos team is a combination of Manning (obviously) and that stout defense. They will be a force to be reckoned with this post season.

3.) Adrian Peterson is my MVP. I, like many of you, grew up in an NFL where RBs were more of a focal point in the offense. But this past decade has seen the passing game get more of the focal point and RBs just aren't what they used to be. AP was one of the very few to really command an offense and take charge of the game. So when he went down last season, I thought this could be it for him. You already have a short shelf life in the NFL as a RB so that only made me more nervous for him. But dammit, that wasn't going to stop him! Not only did he have a great season, but his team is one win away from going to the Playoffs (after being predicted of going 4-12) and he might be eclipsing Eric Dickerson single season rushing record! That's unbelievable. I know it's more than likely that Peyton will get the MVP, but Peterson will conclude a season that I will always remember...even though he's going up against my Packers. Loyalties be dammed, I will still be *quietly* rooting for Peterson to break the record.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#353  Edited By Mighty

I have never cared, nor will I ever care about the Pro Bowl. I'm all for making the Pro Bowl selections like the NCAA makes their "All-American" selections. Make it purely out of respect, but don't actually have the Pro Bowl.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#354  Edited By MocBucket62
@Empirepaintball: I'm with you too about how Pro Bowl selections should be made, just have fans select who they thought were the best players this season without forcing them to play a pointless game. 

As for the season, I couldn't be more interested in the NFC right now. I want RG3 and his Skins to torch Dallas! Also, Patrick Klepek will hate me for saying this, but I want Minnesota to beat the Packers to clinch the 6 seed and they can beat out Da Bears and the Giants for a spot. The Vikings QB, Christian Ponder, went to Florida State and I want him to represent the Noles in the postseason!
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#355  Edited By Milkman

Sigh...can't say the Giants didn't get what they deserved.

I'm rooting for a Colts-Seahawks Super Bowl.

And if you need to know why I'm rooting for the Colts, it's this:

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#356  Edited By jacdg

9 damn yards, man, feel so sorry for AP right now, he deserved that one, carried the team on his back the entire year, so close! Seahawks got the win, played like shit today, but hey, can't wait for next week. Playoffs baby!

also, this is the best/worst thing ever: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000119231/Monkeys-riding-dogs?campaign=Facebook_videos_dogmonkey

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#357  Edited By recroulette

Rooting for Washington tonight because a Wilson/RGIII matchup would be so damn awesome. 

Also, thank god Minnesota won, San Francisco needs that week bad to make sure Justin Smith and Davis are 100%.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#358  Edited By Atlas

@Milkman: That GIF pretty much sums up how I've felt all evening after that amazing win by my Colts. I think we can beat Baltimore, but I honestly don't see this team going into Denver and New England and getting it done. That's too much of an ask for this young wacky team. But that's not important: it's been a hell of a ride this season, and has exceeded all my expectations.

Vikings win was incredible, but I can't help but feel that the Packers are going to smack them in Green Bay next week. Doesn't matter who wins between Redskins and Cowboys; I wouldn't be confident in either of those teams beating the Seahawks. And as said, a first-round bye for the 49ers is going to make a huge difference. That defense just isn't the same without Justin Smith causing havoc up front and making space for Aldon Smith.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By jacdg

9 damn yards!! I'm not even a Vikings fan, or even close to it but man, 9 FREAKIN YARDS, I can piss longer than that.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#360  Edited By ajamafalous
Suuuuper fucking disappointed that the Texans managed to lose three of their last four. I think (hope?) they'll beat the Bengals next week, but there's no way in hell they beat the Patriots in the Divisional Round.

Broncos, on the other hand, are going all the way. I haven't been this excited for a Broncos season since 2005, and 1997/1998 before that.
DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#361  Edited By DukesT3

Fucking Texans. Typical Houston team.

Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By Atlas

Knee-jerk playoff predictions:

Colts beat Ravens (31-23), Texans beat Bengals (27-14)

Seahawks beat Cowboys/Redskins, Packers beat Vikings (40-23)

Broncos beat Colts (38-14), Patriots beat Texans (34-24)

Seahawks beat Falcons (33-30 OT), Packers beat 49ers (37-24)

Broncos beat Patriots (24-20), Packers beat Seahawks (17-13)

Super Bowl 48: Broncos beat Packers (38-28)

And here's my end of season awards: Adrian Peterson MVP, Calvin Johnson OPOY, J.J. Watt DPOY, Peyton Manning CPOY, Rusell Wilson OROY, Janoris Jenkins DROY, Chuck Pagano/Bruce Arians COY

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#363  Edited By ajamafalous
@LooseChange said:

Yeaaahhhhhhhhh. Should've known when the season started.

@Atlas said:

And here's my end of season awards: Adrian Peterson MVP, Calvin Johnson OPOY, J.J. Watt DPOY, Peyton Manning CPOY, Rusell Wilson OROY, Janoris Jenkins DROY, Chuck Pagano/Bruce Arians COY

Looks pretttty good, but I'm not sold yet on Packers over Seahawks. My prediction would match yours, except I'd go Seahawks over Packers, still losing to the Broncos in the SB.

As for awards, I'd switch AP and Peyton (and I wouldn't be surprised if RG3 won OROY, or even if Luck did).
Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#364  Edited By Acura_Max

The Philadelphia Eagles are just a mess. Everything just fell apart this year. The Giants just tore them apart.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By jacdg

Remember, the Seahawks are a pretty young team with not a lot of playoff experience, and as much as I love my team, I don't expect them to go that far this year, the team still needs a consistent pass rush to go that far, in my opinion.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#366  Edited By dethfish

The Seahawks are pretty hot at the moment and as a fan I really hope they do good in the playoffs, but I think a lot of people are forgetting that they have to play on the road now. They're really not as good on the road. Hopefully they can prove me wrong.

They were so close to being the number 2 seed too. Damn it

Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By Atlas

That Falcons-Seahawks game is going to be fascinating, because you either have the Falcons finally winning a big postseason game and getting over that hump, or you have the rookie Wilson taking this raw young team all the way to Lambeau.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the Seahawks probably aren't as ready for prime-time as we're thinking they'll be. This is a team that is rock-solid on defence, with a great offensive line, but Wilson has been much more erratic on the road this year, and asking them to go into the Georgia Dome is going to be tough, even if I think the Seahawks are probably a better team than the Falcons right now, pound for pound. Especially since the Falcons not resting their starters potentially will mean that Dunta Robinson and John Abraham will miss the playoffs, which is really, really dumb on Mike Smith's part. If the Seahawks had home field for the playoffs, they would be my favourite to go to New Orleans; as is, I'll still take them over the Redskins/Cowboys, but I'll need more time to consider that Falcons game.

Got bored watching Cowboys-Redskins, so taking a break from football. Will watch the second half tomorrow.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#368  Edited By granderojo

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I feel kind of sorry about how poorly they've scouting players for the draft. They've consistently picked overrated prospects and on top of that they've clung onto an underachieving quarterback for so long. Next year is a great year for quarterbacks in the draft, could see them picking up Landry Jones or Tyler Wilson easily, although I think Collin Klein is probably the best fit for their current offense.

Couldn't be happier with the niners right now, this is the best we've been since the haydays.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#369  Edited By pyromagnestir

@ajamafalous said:

@LooseChange said:

Yeaaahhhhhhhhh. Should've known when the season started.

@Atlas said:

Looks pretttty good, but I'm not sold yet on Packers over Seahawks. My prediction would match yours, except I'd go Seahawks over Packers, still losing to the Broncos in the SB. As for awards, I'd switch AP and Peyton (and I wouldn't be surprised if RG3 won OROY, or even if Luck did).

You guys are nuts! The Patriots will beat the Broncos. Their defense is just bad against the Pats. This is in no way a homer pick...

Now as to whether the Pats can be the Seahawks (who're my pick from the NFC)... Fuck I hope so!

Go Pats!

edit: Also this year the Giant's didn't make it so I don't have to worry about them again! Yay!

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#370  Edited By Lagaroth

The Titans scored 28 consecutive points on the Jags without an offensive snap. (2 punts returned for TD, 2 picks returned for TD.)

We are the best team in the league.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#371  Edited By Hailinel

Two things:

Go Seahawks!

Fuck the Patriots!

hol5ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By hol5ter

Bucs fan here.. gotta say my team has A LOT of potential. I was honestly not expecting a 7-9 season this year.. at best 5-11.

The offense looks good, with the exception of our bipolar quarterback. We have a solid receiving corps, two very good running backs, a good fullback, and if they stay healthy - a solid offense line.

The defensive line looks okay, but there is tons of room for improvement.

The two biggest problems for our team are the weakness at linebacker and our quarterback. Hopefully those will be addressed in the offseason. Josh Freeman has had more than enough time to prove himself.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By SeanCoughing

Go Broncos! And to mirror the sentiment already displayed by others FUCK THE PATS!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#374  Edited By Phatmac

Lovie Smith is gone!

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By uniform

Gailey out of Buffalo. Nice handful of teams gonna want a Gruden meeting.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By jacdg

Black Monday indeed, however, as a fan of a sucky team/team that did bad this year, I'd be excited for the possibility of getting Gruden if he is willing to come back, he is such a good headcoach (in my opinion).

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By InternetDotCom

@JacDG said:

Black Monday indeed, however, as a fan of a sucky team/team that did bad this year, I'd be excited for the possibility of getting Gruden if he is willing to come back, he is such a good headcoach (in my opinion).

I'll be really happy to have in out of the Monday Night Football booth.

Deakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By Deakor

Life-long Redskins fan here (and old enough to remember/miss the glory days of the 80s/early 90s) and we are all pretty excited here in town after last night. Not much sleep last night, but no one is complaining.

That said, the Seahawks absolutely terrify me. I'm disappointed with that draw if only because after Washington, I would be pulling for Seattle in the playoffs. I would think that the other NFC teams would be happy to have one of those two offenses off the board after the first weekend though. Should be an interesting game.

Good luck to the fans of all the teams who made the dance!

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By Trainer_Red

Go Redskins!

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#380  Edited By ThePickle

If Gruden goes anywhere but Oakland I will punch everything.

Deakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By Deakor

@Trainer_Red: Indeed! HTTR!

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By Trainer_Red

@Deakor said:

@Trainer_Red: Indeed! HTTR!

Hail to the Redskins indeed! :D

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By ThePickle

PLAYOFFS SON (AFC Wildcard)

Away TeamHome TeamFInal Score
Cincinnati BengalsHouston Texans19-13 HOU
Indianapolis ColtsBaltimore Ravens24-9 BAL

ALSO PLAYOFFS (NFC Wildcard)

Away TeamHome TeamFinal Score
Minnesota VikingsGreen Bay Packers24-10 GB
Seattle SeahawksWashington Redskins24-14 SEA
Proof Senor Chang is crazy
Proof Senor Chang is crazy
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By Atlas

I think the Bengals have a really good chance of winning this game. They have a very good offensive line, so they have a reasonable chance of neutralising the threat of the Texans front seven and J.J. Watt. Also there's that ol' momentum argument - Bengals ended the season winning 7 of their last 8 games, while Houston lost 3 of their last 4. However...I just can't in good conscience bet against the Texans in this one. They're a better team, a more balanced team with Foster's rushing, they have a defence that can neutralise the Bengals' passing attack, and BenJarvus Green-Ellis is not the kind of back to dominate a game against a defence like this. I think it'll be close - 20-14 maybe - but I'm picking the Houston Texans.

PLAYOFFS BABY!

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By InternetDotCom

We live in a world of hyperbole I know

But Joe Webb might be the worst QB ever.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By uniform

These two games have been a colossal bore considering they're playoff games. And who the heck was doing commentary with Mayock during the early game? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By ThePickle

@GorillaMoPena said:

We live in a world of hyperbole I know

But Joe Webb might be the worst QB ever.

That is no hyperbole. He was a solid runner but his arm makes Mark Sanchez look like Joe Montana.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#388  Edited By DocHaus

Not sure who was worse yesterday: Andy Dalton or Joe Webb. All I know is holy shit were those games boring.

Here's hoping that RG3 and Alfred Morris can cut up the Seahawks defense.

UPDATE: And we are one step closer to that all-Maryland Super Bowl!

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By ThePickle

It's been fun, Ray. Baltimore won't be the same without you.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By jacdg

Go Hawks!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By Milkman

All three games so far have been boring as shit but I have a feeling this one is going to be a tad different.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By DocHaus

Oh shit the Redskins are going to play the Falcons next week aren't they? On one hand the Falcons have a history of choking in the playoffs but on the other hand this Falcons team has been brutal. Someone tell me what to think!

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By uniform

This one's so much more interesting.You can feel these two teams playing with fire in their bellies. The other 3 games lacked momentum swings, and you knew who was going to win in the first half. Just lifeless football from the losing teams.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By Milkman

Well, that looks bad.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By ThePickle

Washington's chances went from bad, to worse, to holy fuck this is awful.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By DocHaus

Oh fuck RG3 is done the Redskins are done fuck fuck fuck.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By Milkman

He walked off the field on his own so it's probably not a torn ACL or anything like that.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#398  Edited By Phatmac

Ouch.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399  Edited By PeasantAbuse

:)

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By InternetDotCom

At some point of that game you have to opt for the QB you have with two functioning legs.