I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@hailinel said:

Seahawks win, Dallas loses, New England loses... Christmas is coming early this year.

Yeah, Bryon Maxwell looked pretty good out there today. Think the LOB will be alright if we lose Thurmond and Browner next year due to free agency or suspensions.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@poonz said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@peasantabuse said:

@i_stay_puft said:

Haha Tony Romo always brings a smile to my face this time a year. What a joke Tony "choke" Romo.

https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/412387920582938624

Thanks Jason Garrett (for throwing me under the bus)

- Tony Romo

Guys trying to save his job but, it's a foregone conclusion he's gone in a couple weeks or Jones is dumber than I thought.

Didn't Jones humiliate Garrett already by stripping him of play-calling duty last year? When you take that step, but decided to keep him as the head coach anyway, what are you even doing at that point?

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel:

There the biggest mess, they bring it a new defensive co-ordinator and now the defines is one of the worst in the NFL. So can you really fire Garrrett and keep the D-Coordinator. If they don't make the playoffs they need to beg Gruden or Lovie Smith to come in and scrap the entire staff. They need someone to take over and start fresh.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@poonz: @poonz: @hailinel: From what I remember Jones has already guaranteed Jarrett will be back next year so he wouldn't worry about being a lame duck all year. Not sure if you can believe Jerry's snake oil like words but he said it.

Anybody who has been watching this from the outside in knows the issue starts at ownership and that's Jerry Jones. I think no team has really succeeded with ownership running the show and if they did they had at least had some sort of think tank on call to help deliberate ownerships gung-ho decisions. Jerry has basically built the ultimate magic show giving Cowboy fans a glimmer of hope competing each year only to be sadden by the realization they are the same old Cowboys. He gives absurd contract extensions to players who haven't really proven they can do it consistently (ex. Orland Scandrick) and overpay players who were once good. He's emasculated Jason Jarrett from the time he started as head coach and only keeps him around cause he's probably easier to persuade when compared to the strong minded coaches of the past Parcells, Johnson, and Phillips. Monte Kiffin is a great d-coach its just he doesn't have the personnel to play his style of defense. Jarrett was an above average signal caller during his time as offensive coordinator but a head coach should not be calling oc plays, it should fall to the oc. Bill Callahan has been doing a pretty decent job and was pretty decent coaching Gannon at Oakland during the late 90's.

On the subject of Tony Romo, he's a choke artist who has too much of a gunslinger in him. He's the type who wins be the throw and dies by the throw. Tony has such a good rb in Demarco I have no clue why this team doesn't hand off the ball more. You win with a balanced attack and the cowboys just don't get. It's kind of funny cause I'm not even a Cowboys fan and this team pisses me off.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow, if the packers still win the NFC north after not having Rodgers for half the year.....

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

brb gonna go cry until baseball starts after that game

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

Bears are now in control of their own "destiny." I can only hope they win out so we can make the playoffs...but I'm not holding my breath.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Bears are now in control of their own "destiny." I can only hope they win out so we can make the playoffs...but I'm not holding my breath.

Jay Cutler man, Jay Cutler.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The 2013 Dallas Cowboys:

Seriously, I thought nothing could beat the Detroit game from earlier this week in terms of hysterical Dallas collapses, but this one has to be up there.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Dasacant2

This was a strange week with Denver, New England, New Orleans, Cincinatti, Phillidelphia, Detroit all losing. So 6 out 8 division leaders lost this week to 4 teams that had losing records coming into the game. 5 could have changed seed by losing and only 1 did. Interesting week.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wooooow that call in the Seahawks game. A ball doesn't bounce ten feet in the air after hitting an arm. That's just not how it works. Science, man.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wooooow that call in the Seahawks game. A ball doesn't bounce ten feet in the air after hitting an arm. That's just not how it works. Science, man.

Its whatever, a good hard fought game sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. Cardinals is a good team, Arians is a good coach. Go Hawks!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Seahawks finally got a tough break today. Cards played extremely hard though, and they have really improved. That NFC West is no joke anymore.

And I guess it was a matter of time until the Seahawks looked human at home. They still control things in the playoffs though, and will be ridiculously hard to beat in Seattle come money time.

My Niners moved up to 5 after the Saints lost today, so maybe they'll host something. So ready for the post season intensity.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Cam, Reggie Bush and the Chiefs D all laid an egg for me in my fantasy championship match up but I'm somehow still ahead. Hopefully we see a lot of McCoy in this Eagles/Bears game.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

@milkman: I also had Cam and KC's D start this week! Imade some really bad decisions in my fantasy league.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Acura_Max

The Eagles really wanted to win this week. 54-11. Wow.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hoping the Good Colts are back to stay for a while I was getting so annoyed with the up and down play. Great win today.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: agreed! They seen to be getting a good rhythm without Reggie Wayne finally.... And while Richardson hasn't been living up to the hype Brown has finally started playing really well helping that running game they have been shooting for all year... And the o line was good today!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#220  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@endoworks said:

@artisanbreads: agreed! They seen to be getting a good rhythm without Reggie Wayne finally.... And while Richardson hasn't been living up to the hype Brown has finally started playing really well helping that running game they have been shooting for all year... And the o line was good today!

I love that Brown turned it around. He had become a bust, "Damnit Donald!" and all that but he just suddenly is reliable and hits holes very well. I love it. T Rich... you really summed it up but to his credit I think he has been looking better the last few weeks and I think our offense is starting to finally figure out how it needs to play without Reggie. The O Line was good too... and has been on a few games. Otherwise it's been terrible I think but we will see how it holds up.

Still a lot to be happy about.

The playoff picture in the AFC is looking pretty tough it's going to be interesting to watch.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be going to the game in Green Bay Sunday, forecast ranges anywhere from -5 degress to 8. Wish me luck!

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Milkman

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DISRESPECT ALEX SMITH

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things heating up in Indianapolis.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, the Colts pulled it out!

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Yeah, well, that was an insane game. But I don't think it would have happened this way, without the injuries to the Chiefs' receivers.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By ThePickle

Damn what a game.

Now I just want the Saints to win so fucking badly. And I want to see that Beard in MetLife.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

fucking Andy Reid.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was an amazing game! Go Colts!

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DISRESPECT ALEX SMITH

WE RESPECTED ALEX SMITH TOO MUCH

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I suspect this will be an unpopular opinion but I hate how much credit and praise Andrew Luck will get from this game. Any decent quarterback could've done the same against a collapsing Kansas City defense. I think Luck is a good QB right now with huge potential but seriously, with headlines like this you'd think he's been a QB for ten years not his bloody second year. In my opinion, Alex Smith played a much better game but will go mostly unnoticed since he was only inches away from winning.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topsteer said:

I suspect this will be an unpopular opinion but I hate how much credit and praise Andrew Luck will get from this game. Any decent quarterback could've done the same against a collapsing Kansas City defense. I think Luck is a good QB right now with huge potential but seriously, with headlines like this you'd think he's been a QB for ten years not his bloody second year. In my opinion, Alex Smith played a much better game but will go mostly unnoticed since he was only inches away from winning.

Remember when Tim Tebow got such amazing praise for an incredible season as a QB and then traded to the Jets and suffered even more this year with the Patriots (I had to look that one up). Early praise does happen, lets just hope Mr Luck can keep it going.

In terms of the game, that was really cool to see a comeback from 4 touchdowns behind and being a steelers fan I am very glad KC got knocked out

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Sessh

Hell yes, Niners!

Good game and some very nice runs by Kaepernick. I was somewhat afraid of the first two possessions only ending in field goals and the wasted time outs, coming back to bite them in the ass, but everything turned out well.

Panthers are next.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Harbaugh never wins another game.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, after this week's games I'm thinking Patriots vs 49ers for the SB.

I hope Harbaugh never wins another game.

Too bad, huh duder?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh said:

If that happens, I hope that the Super Bowl is tied at the end of the fourth quarter and an asteroid obliterates the stadium.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@sessh said:

If that happens, I hope that the Super Bowl is tied at the end of the fourth quarter and an asteroid obliterates the stadium.

Thumbs up.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty unhappy about all the stuff that just happened. That 4th down punt fake with 20 seconds left was completely classless, as should be expected by a Harbaugh. I'm sad my Panthers lost but I feel slightly consoled by the fact that they would lose to Seattle anyways. Can't wait for Seattle to beat up on San Fran next week!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seahawks need to get healthy. Hopefully we can get Percy Harvin but Malcolm Smith needs to show up next week against Vernon Davis. Hopefully Malcolm Smith can hold down outside linebacker until KJ Wright returns. I read somewhere he should start light runs next week. Also kind of wondering if Carroll would ever decide to play Christine Michaels, while he's probably a longs way away from getting blocking schemes and the offense that dude has electric stuff maybe on par with Percy. If Pete is not going to play him as an rb at least play him as a kick returner if Percy is out.

Mr_croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough season for the packers.... The injury bug hit them hard :(

As for the playoff race now I cannot see the 49ers getting past that dirty Seahawks defense in Seattle. As for the afc it can go either way...

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Poonz

So many onside kicks have been working this year, I still think it's too late for San Diego.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_croft: Made the playoffs, I think that's pretty good for a year when you're missing one of the best players in the league for half the season.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

FUCKKKKK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BRONCOSSSSS

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poonz said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@peasantabuse said:

@i_stay_puft said:

Haha Tony Romo always brings a smile to my face this time a year. What a joke Tony "choke" Romo.

https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/412387920582938624

Thanks Jason Garrett (for throwing me under the bus)

- Tony Romo

Guys trying to save his job but, it's a foregone conclusion he's gone in a couple weeks or Jones is dumber than I thought.

Well, Garrett still has his job. Not that I think Jones would have fired him anyway. He's terrible at personnel decisions (which suits me fine, since I don't like the Cowboys).

Mr_croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: I agree. I cannot wait to see them at 100% next season. Eddie lady has been a blessing for that offense and should be a strong candidate for rookie of the year

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_croft said:

@fredchuckdave: I agree. I cannot wait to see them at 100% next season. Eddie lady has been a blessing for that offense and should be a strong candidate for rookie of the year

Secondary and the aging linebacker core is still an issue for that team. Tremond Williams is a good player but that secondary I feel like has been lacking since Woodson left.

Mr_croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Mr_croft

@i_stay_puft: I couldn't agree more with you. I just had this talk with one of the guys I work with. I feel that defense lost it's heart when Woodson left. It really doesn't help that none of them can really stay healthy either. It would be awesome if they could get clowney from South Carolina >.>

They just need to restructure that def because the offense has all the tools.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Come on, Belichick. Start conjuring some of that dark magic.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Hailinel

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Go Broncos!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

There have been three injuries since I typed that. Belichick is still a threat.