Official 2013 NFL Discussion Thread: Giant Bomb Style

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I could win another $500 this year. Thank god I can use the internet and the rest of the yahoos I play with go with their 'guts.'

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@breadfan said:

There have been three injuries since I typed that. Belichick is still a threat.

I'll believe that when he can win a Super Bowl without spying on the other team. :P

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PATRIOTS LOSE!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Go Hawks! Hopefully in 3 hours I'll either be crying in happiness or crying in sadness.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Football is dumb.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breadfan said:

Football is dumb.

Dumb as in dumb or dumb as in dumb.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I'm a Colts fan, so bummed we lost to the Pats (who I hate) but glad to see them lose to Peyton. Very nice day for Peyton.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By breadfan

But who would win in a Brady vs Manning cage fight? Tune into Summerslam 2014.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@breadfan said:

Obviously Brady, Manning had neck fusion surgery a few years back. If he at all fall on his back or upper body area the wrong way it could permanently paralyze him. Brady might be a prima donna but he is way more athletic than Manning at this point in their careers.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breadfan said:

Obviously Brady, Manning had neck fusion surgery a few years back. If he at all fall on his back or upper body area the wrong way it could permanently paralyze him. Brady might be a prima donna but he is way more athletic than Manning at this point in their careers.

I was looking for an answer more along the lines of Wes Welker coming out from under the ring as a masked figure and having a dilemma of who to help.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@breadfan said:

@i_stay_puft said:
@breadfan said:

Football is dumb.

Dumb as in dumb or dumb as in dumb.

Dumb as in dumb.

i agree that was dumb the team I like should win.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@breadfan said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@breadfan said:

I was looking for an answer more along the lines of Wes Welker coming out from under the ring as a masked figure and having a dilemma of who to help.

Oh, okay. How about this scenario before Manning and Brady are to wrassle the tv tron shows Aaron Hernandez in the backroom killing somebody. He runs to a SUV in the parking lot and runs over Welker. WIth vengeance and grief at their side Brady and Manning have to team up in order to capture Hernandez and put an end ot his madness.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breadfan said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@breadfan said:

Oh, okay. How about this scenario before Manning and Brady are to wrassle the tv tron shows Aaron Hernandez in the backroom killing somebody. He runs to a SUV in the parking lot and runs over Welker. WIth vengeance and grieft at their side Brady and Manning have to team up in order to capture Hernandez and put an end ot his madness.

Hernandez succeeds in an elaborate prison heist of OJ Simpson, and the two combine life forces to become one being - The Oakland Raider. A great battle ensues for the souls of all of humanity. Brady and Manning win, but at a great cost. In the chaos Tony Romo used his dark magic to sap the football greatness out of the two quarterbacks and now rules the NFL as an immortal necromancer, that still cannot seem to win a postseason game.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#265  Edited By Flappy

This game is already 3x better than the one that came before it. People are getting wrecked.

After seeing that last return, I take it back. James got fucked up. At this rate, the winning team will be heading to NY in a bunch of body bags. Then again, the idea of reanimated football players playing for a championship in NY sounds very interesting.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Russell Wilson...What has happened 2 u ;_;

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#267  Edited By TruthTellah

GAME OVER!!

With how that ended, I can't help but hear Dave Lang going, "WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWW!"

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Sad that the 49ers aren't going to make the dream come true. Next year...

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#269  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Pete Carroll is a 9/11 truther and a cheater. Never Forget.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By TruthTellah

The Seahawk's Derrick Coleman becomes the first legally deaf man to play in the Super Bowl! :D

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't front; Sherman's pop-off made me salty. I barely follow football, but putting someone on blast like that? Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, god damn, what a game! Seahawks vs. Broncos in the Super Bowl!

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#273  Edited By recroulette

Ended how I thought it would. Kaep needing to drive down the field at the end. If he does, we win. He didn't.

Coming from a Niners fan, Sherman deserved that moment. Beautiful play at the end.

We'll get em next time.

No Caption Provided

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By Feanor

@jakob187: The 5 Superbowl wins aren't enough of a dream?

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Seahawks are so damn unlikable.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone's mad.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By NTM

Seahawks won! I feel like they could have done better, and messed up quite a bit, but I'm glad they're going to the Superbowl. I thought we were doomed there at the end, but then they made an interception.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

So happy all the game journos and other people in SF that I follow on twitter can stop tweeting about the niners, pretending they care.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I kind of love that my team is unlikable. Likable teams are boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Pffft don't play that card, I'm a Panthers fan. Doesn't change the fact that assholes like Pete Carroll are in charge of that team.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Sherman's WWF promo was incredible.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

"DID YOU KNOW, BOTH SUPER BOWL TEAMS ARE FROM STATES THAT HAVE LEGALIZED MARIJUANA"

#SMOKABOWL

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad the Seahawks won because I think they'll be a much easier team for the Broncos to beat. Nothing I saw today looked dangerous.

Yes, their defensive backs are pretty good, but I don't think they're deep enough to cover everyone on Denver's offense, and I think the 49ers front seven is way scarier. Also, I think they have a weaker offense than the '9ers, too. Russel Wilson looked bad today and cost his team on several drives. Marshawn Lynch will get his yards against Denver, but I don't think he'll go for 240 or anything. At some point it'll be on Russel Wilson to make some drives happen, and I'm not sure if he can.

I really like the Broncos' chances. I was much more scared for the Patriots game, and even for the Chargers game before that.

ALSO FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUPER BOWL COME AT MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Pffft don't play that card, I'm a Panthers fan. Doesn't change the fact that assholes like Pete Carroll are in charge of that team.

Again, someone's mad.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I've got a friend who designed a website for his group of friends (and their friends and relatives) to gamble on football every week. Everyone (about 50 of us) puts in $20 to play. It's nothing complex like fantasy football, it's just every week you make your picks, and at the end of the season, whoever has the most picks correct wins most of the pot (2nd and 3rd place get a little, too). Before tonight I was in a three-way tie for first, we all picked Denver, but the other two picked San Francisco while I picked Seattle. Which means I'm now in 1st place solo and whether I keep the big chuck of the pot for myself, or have to share ALL COMES DOWN TO THE SUPERBOWL! And I have to work, that's going to be a tense night for me. Well, I guess I'm going to be getting something no matter what, so I suppose I should be grateful.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By PeasantAbuse
Loading Video...

gg tho niners fans, that was a hell of a game.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By Milkman

One team has a dude that looks like the fucking Predator and cuts angry, near unintelligible wresting promos. The other team has the spokesperson of Papa John's. The choice is clear.

#HAILSHERMAN

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the Sherman hate at all, though I am a Seahawks fan so I am certainly biased. Football more than any sport, an especially the NFL, is all about bombast and spectacle. While it may a sport and a competition it is also a show and Sherman is a great character to have in that show. Yeah he acts like a jackass but he also is able to back up his trash talk for the most part. He is no different than a wrestling Heel except for he is actually competing. He is a target for other fanbases to go after and a topic for analyst to discuss. Besides as a hockey fan, where sportsmanship is huge, I am happy to not see another player just repeat the typical, "they played a great game, but you know we knew we had to play hard and were able to come out on top".

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why hate Sherman? He just did his best Booker T impression.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zella said:

I don't get the Sherman hate at all, though I am a Seahawks fan so I am certainly biased. Football more than any sport, an especially the NFL, is all about bombast and spectacle. While it may a sport and a competition it is also a show and Sherman is a great character to have in that show. Yeah he acts like a jackass but he also is able to back up his trash talk for the most part. He is no different than a wrestling Heel except for he is actually competing. He is a target for other fanbases to go after and a topic for analyst to discuss. Besides as a hockey fan, where sportsmanship is huge, I am happy to not see another player just repeat the typical, "they played a great game, but you know we knew we had to play hard and were able to come out on top".

Indeed. And even with his cutting a WWE promo, he's still a far better teammate than the me-first chowderheads like Terrel Owens.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@zella: Sherman is kinda a douche but the thing that fans hate even more is that he backs that shit up. Same with Kaepernick he's a giant dick but he backs that shit up that's why I guess some 49ers fan deal with that shit. I for one love Sherman cause he adds swag the past Seahawks teams never had. Been living in the 206 my entire life and the only "real" championship we've ever won from the 3 major sports in North America is the 1979 supersonics nba championship.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow at all the racism on twitter lol, California is such a shit hole.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By sodapop7

@zella: Ok here's what I don't get: why is trashing a player you just beat in an interview a showing of "character or competitiveness?" Leave the trash talk on the field, I have no problem with it there, it's part of the game and that's fine. The game was over, you'd won. If I have a kid that ever acts like that after WINNING, I'd be embarrassed and very disappointed. No matter how old they are.

I'm not going to make broad generalizations about Sherman as a person, but that was dick move. Not sure why you'd try to say otherwise, just say yep and my team is going to the Super Bowl.

Oh and I'm not trying to say character in the way other people said he lacks. I meant why is being a character (like in wrestling) defined in this way. Dude's a heck of a football player, shouldn't that be enough?

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@sodapop7: That was what he said in the actual post game interview, to talk to the guy, SECONDS after winning a trip to the SUper Bowl after making a huge play, with all the adrenaline pumping, what did you think was gonna happen?

And he still kept it clean, he didn't swear or use any offensive language.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodapop7: I don't get all this moralizing about football. Let's be real here. We're watching men smash their heads together and give each other early onset Alzheimer's for our entertainment. Yeah, Sherman is kind of a dick but it's fun to watch. If we really want to examine the morality of all the players in the NFL, there are people much, much worse than him.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanx, @milkman Just because there are people worse than him doesn't make what he did any less of a dick move. I specifically said I didn't think Sherman was a bad person, he just acted like a dick. Hundreds of people have been interviewed after making a huge play to win a game and not gone off like that, so no I shouldn't expect that to happen. Sherman's ability on the field is fun to watch, his attitude and conduct after the play is over is not.

I'm talking about common courtesy here people that shouldn't be that ridiculous to expect out of professional athletes. Both teams played a hard fought game. Win and move on. GG.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By I_Stay_Puft
@sodapop7 said:

@zella: Ok here's what I don't get: why is trashing a player you just beat in an interview a showing of "character or competitiveness?" Leave the trash talk on the field, I have no problem with it there, it's part of the game and that's fine. The game was over, you'd won. If I have a kid that ever acts like that after WINNING, I'd be embarrassed and very disappointed. No matter how old they are.

I'm not going to make broad generalizations about Sherman as a person, but that was dick move. Not sure why you'd try to say otherwise, just say yep and my team is going to the Super Bowl.

Oh and I'm not trying to say character in the way other people said he lacks. I meant why is being a character (like in wrestling) defined in this way. Dude's a heck of a football player, shouldn't that be enough?

Dude has one of the biggest chips on his shoulders. Guy is from Compton where becoming anything but the top cb in the league is just a dream. Guy went to Stanford a school where alot of guys from where he's from don't ever dream of going and graduating with a degree. Guy was a 5th round draft choice who switched from tight end to wide reciever to cornerback in his junior year of school. When he was in the nfl draft combines he heard that his Stanford coach Harbaugh at the time didn't believe he would succeed which lowered his stock to where he was drafted. Richard Sherman has a vendetta against Harbaugh which equates to the entire 49er team. Lets just be frank here, while they respect one another there is no love or lost among these teams here.

Just my point the dude has a huge chip on his shoulder and will till his career is over.

- One last point while I'm a huge seahawks fan him calling out Crabtree was unsportsmanlike. I don't like condoning this type of behavior, I hate it when Seahawks players stoop to Harbaugh / Kaepernick dickery.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodapop7: I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact that Sherman acted like a dick. I would say that people do disagree whether or not it was fun to watch. In the end, it's entertainment. Sherman was entertaining. Sometimes that's all I ask.