Oh god i spilled broth onto my laptop oh god

• 68 results

So I was eating ramen (first mistake) and, then i spilled a bit of broth onto the keyboard (second mistake). Oh no big deal I thought, so I decided to try and get out what i could by pulling the keys off and using paper towels to soak it up (third mistake) without pulling out the battery (fourth mistake). The computer BSODs, then I really start to freak out. I manage to get all the keys back on except for the space key, which parts are now sitting in a ziplock bag until i figure out what to do. I have now taken out the battery and having it air out.... Anything else I can do? I am freaking out so much right now, I just got this laptop off a friend a few months ago ;____;

@Djratchet said:

So I was eating ramen

That statement combined with your avatar makes me not want to help you.

You should have turned it off and turned it upside down immediately. Don't give it a chance to soak in.

@MysteriousBob said:

@Djratchet said:

So I was eating ramen

You should have turned it off and turned it upside down immediately. Don't give it a chance to soak in.

dont judge my laziness to change my avatar or inability find anything decent to eat, it's 4am... And thanks, I thought upside down was the best way to go as well, so it's like that as we speak. A bit late, so who knows if it will do any good.

What's wrong with his avatar?

Spilled chicken noodle soup on my Macbook once. Wasn't my fault, bed frame broke and it just splashed all over me and the Macbook. Needless to say it became a brick afterwards. Have fun with your current predicament. ^_^

@huntad said:

There's an unpleasant "Anime is for jerks" vibe around here. I'd watch out my anime-avatar-dwelling brother, YOU"RE GONNA GET THRASED

I just ate a couple bags of ramen a few hours ago myself too. As for he other thing, maybe try a blow dryer and/or praying to a god/gods that it turns back on? If not you got a nifty paper weight!

@Zero_ said:

@huntad said:

There's an unpleasant "Anime is for jerks" vibe around here. I'd watch out my anime-avatar-dwelling brother, YOU"RE GONNA GET THRASED

EEK! I'll be leaving this thread ASAP, then!

But before I go, I spilled clam chowder on a keyboard before. It was the worst. Ok, bye!

That's what happens when you eat at your computer.

Laptop abuse. See it. Know it. Stop it

Your own stupidity killed your laptop.

@Djratchet: Do you have an airing cupboard? Leave it in there for a while mebbeh.

This is the kind of stuff that happens when you are into anime and ramen

@dbol said:

Your own stupidity killed your laptop.

Thanks. super helpful advice. Hindsight is 20/20.

@Zero_: WE MUST STOP THE HATE!

@Chavtheworld: i dont know what that is, so no :(

@MysteriousBob said:

@Djratchet said:

So I was eating ramen

Ditto.
No Caption Provided

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Djratchet said:

So I was eating ramen

Ditto.

Godforbid people like anime? Let's quote overused memes that weren't that funny to begin with, right guys? hur durr.

@WilltheMagicAsian: I don't know what you are trying to say, but alright!

• You didn't turn off your laptop immediately.
  • You removed keys and left it running.
  • You attacked it with paper towels.
  • You eat Ramen over your laptop.
  • You eat Ramen.

Pretty stupid.

Your best bet after leaving it dry overnight, is to buy a large bag of rice and leave it in a big tub filled with uncooked rice. The rice should eventually absorb all the excess moisture the towel couldn't.

@SeriouslyNow said:

• You eat Ramen.

Yeah, I kinda got what I did wrong in the OP. Moving on to anything I can possibly do now is what I'm asking. Obviously NEVER EAT RAMEN AGAIN is up there. All it does is cause pain and misfortune.

edit: alright, cool. I will give rice ago if i must.

@Zero_ said:

There's an unpleasant "Anime is for jerks" vibe around here.

Bring them to me, I shall bestow judgement upon them.

@Djratchet said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

• You eat Ramen.

Yeah, I kinda got what I did wrong in the OP. Moving on to anything I can possibly do now is what I'm asking. Obviously NEVER EAT RAMEN AGAIN is up there. All it does is cause pain and misfortune.

edit: alright, cool. I will give rice ago if i must.

But ramen's awesome.

I once spilled a can of pink cream soda all over a mac keyboard. It didn't "break" but it did type a whole bunch of letters at once with the press of a single button... that was fun, kinda.

if you have insurance on your laptop now would be a good time to be calling them for a claim. if not i think your fuck unfortunately.

i once split some milk on my laptop, nothing you can do... ruined. luckily for me i had insurance on it so got a brand new replacement.

@jetsetwillie said:

if you have insurance on your laptop now would be a good time to be calling them for a claim. if not i think your fuck unfortunately.

i once split some milk on my laptop, nothing you can do... ruined. luckily for me i had insurance on it so got a brand new replacement.

That's.... actually a really good backup idea. I think my friend actually bought insurance on it before selling it to me, so I will have to bug him about it.

Awesome thread because I just came home from work and now am eating a large bowl of ramen while using my closed laptop, which is sitting right next to me, as a tray for foodstuffs. I thought about making a picture of it but I'm to ashamed of myself. At least I don't drink out of a jar.

@SinGulaR said:

Awesome thread because I just came home from work and now am eating a large bowl of ramen while using my closed laptop, which is sitting right next to me, as a tray for foodstuffs. I thought about making a picture of it but I'm to ashamed of myself. At least I don't drink out of a jar.

Learn from my mistake! Anyways, this story has a happy ending, at least for now. Computer is working, everything seems to be ok. Now I just need to figure out how to get the space key back on....

Obviously you have to eat your laptop now. Sprinkle some Soy sauce on it for that extra flavor first.

@Demoskinos: how bout some A1 sauce? lol

@Zero_ said:

@huntad said:

we don't like your kind here!

@Djratchet: If we were talking any sort of beef related food then yes... but sans beef I'm not sure I could reccomend steak sauce on anything. Although I do like to order steak as an excuse to use steak sauce. >_>

Anybody that has a problem with ramen either had shit parents that couldn't make it properly when they were kids, or has never been to college.

Anybody that has problems with ACTUAL ramen, not the shitty Maruchan or Top Ramen like you usually find in the States, is just a weirdo.

Glad to hear the problem is solved. I eat ramen quite a lot because college. Thankfully I have a desk that separates my laptop and keyboard (the b and v keys are broken, I spilled coke on the keyboard), so the laptop is safe but hopefully I don't spill ramen juice on that beautiful Apple keyboard.

@SeriouslyNow said:

• You eat Ramen.

You forgot:

• You have a laptop.

This could have been prevented if the OP had a desktop computer.

Good to hear it had a happy ending, tho :)

I've had 3 instances of liquid on electronics.

1. Put an old samsung flip phone through the wash. it survived after 3 days of being aired out.
  2. Spilled a full glass of wine on an old laptop. It shut off instantly, but besides some sticky keys, everything was fine.
  3. My wife (fiance at the time), spilled a microscopic amount of water on an old DS lite. Turned into a brick

At any rate, glad to hear your computer is up and running. I honestly laughed at your first sentence. As for your space key, patience?

The only times I've had problems with water and electronics was -

• My iPod touch got soaked with cranberry juice.
  • Another iPod touch got soaked with Coke.
  • Another iPod touch soaked with Coke.
  • My iPad's multitouch stopped working for a few minutes because of Coke (must've been the fizz confusing it)

All of these times the devices still worked perfectly afterwards. Also shows how "durable" (I suppose) Apple devices are, or how much Coke has fucked me over.

@ShaunassNZ said:

or how much Coke has fucked me over.

tell me about it...

haha. glad i'm not the only one that has had dumb accidents with tech here :)

I had to stop eating around electronics when I noticed tiny food crumbs in every nook and cranny. Not to mention I'm notorious for spilling drinks and dropping valuable items.

Cool story bro-th

I was an unplanned pregnancy... Guess what caused that, chief?

I just love how you call what's in ramen noodles broth. It's cute.

@Mordukai said:

I just love how you call what's in ramen noodles broth. It's cute.

I love the avatar. Crimson.

What I can take away from this thread is dont trust people who eat ramen.

Sorry, I had to.

Take it to a computer repair shop. I broke the keys on my laptop, and they got them replaced.

Once, i was watching Adult Swim with my cousin. He was using the laptop and he just got home. Before that, he was in a bar with his friends. Thirty minutes later, he regurgitates all over his laptop. He lost his laptop and that episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

@Morrow said:

@Zero_ said:

I hate Anime, GET AT ME BRO.

@Mikemcn said:

@Morrow said:

@Zero_ said:

I'm a sis, but there you go *bitchslap* :D

May I ask what made you hate anime?

This is what happens when you watch Anime. Too bad J. Walter Weatherman didn't teach you a lesson about it.

Look at it this way: Now your laptop is tastier!

@Morrow said:

@Mikemcn said:

@Morrow said:

@Zero_ said:

And here we go.

@Cloudenvy said:

@Morrow said:

@Mikemcn said:

@Morrow said:

@Zero_ said:

And here we go.

Spiky Hair killed my father.