• 77 results
#1 Posted by HistoryInRust (6380 posts) -

IGN reports that both Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire have "reportedly" reached an agreement with Sony Pictures over the future of the Spider-Man film franchise. 

And that future includes not only a "4", but a "5" as well.  Apparently, Sony Pictures is mulling over the option to shoot the two sequels simultaneously as an attempt to minimize overall cost and inconvenience.

After the travesty that was Spider-Man 3, does the world really need another Sam Raimi-delivered smattering of lip service to the fanbase's favorite antagonists?  Are we going to be subject to more melodrama and cliche? 

Will Peter Parker dance again? 

Discuss.

#2 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Epic fail. 

#3 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

The first two were good, as long as they don't fuck up again i'll be fine.

#4 Posted by HistoryInRust (6380 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"The first two were good, as long as they don't fuck up again i'll be fine."
Yeah.  The original two were fine. 

3 was the subject of terrible, thoughtless writing and a clear lack of effort. 
#5 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Gizmo said:
"Epic fail. "
Yeah, I don't have much hope for these sequels. :/
#6 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"The first two were good, as long as they don't fuck up again i'll be fine."
Really? I thought the first one was pretty good but the second one was pretty bad and the third a little better than the second.
#7 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

How about someone comes up with an original idea for a movie and stops making popcorn superhero flicks?

#8 Edited by LCad (269 posts) -

I thought 3 was pretty good other than it dragging on far longer than it needed to.  They had to have been aware of how dumb the dancing and "how's the pie?" and stuff were.  LIGHTEN UP, PEOPLE.

#9 Posted by HistoryInRust (6380 posts) -
LCad said:
"I thought 3 was pretty good other than it dragging on far longer than it needed to.  They had to have been aware of how dumb the dancing was and stuff.  LIGHTEN UP, PEOPLE."
Clearly, they weren't.  Either that, or they were aware and were spitting consciously in the audience's face. 

Raimi himself bolstered Spider-Man 3 as a "dark, gritty" tale of self-destruction and revival in negativity.  The plot followed that loosely, sure, but the tone of the film was broken completely by Peter Parker's absurd Saturday Night Fever complex, Harry Osborn's (rather convenient) head trauma (which, in itself, was pointless, as he came to his senses later regardless), and the cheap dialogue layered throughout. 
#10 Posted by LCad (269 posts) -

Well, then.  I still, personally, don't mind because I'm not looking for it to be a a deep film with relevant meaning.  I guess that's what The Dark Knight is for.

#11 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

I don't think my poor wittle heart can handle 2 more Spider-Man games.

#12 Posted by HistoryInRust (6380 posts) -
Shawn said:
"I don't think my poor wittle heart can handle 2 more Spider-Man games."
Haha. 

Not two more rehashed, glossy versions of Spider-Man 2, at least.
#13 Posted by AttackedCamo (821 posts) -

I think I'm going to pass on this... Maybe they need more Randy Savage?

#14 Posted by HistoryInRust (6380 posts) -
AttackedCamo said:
Maybe they need more Randy Savage?"
Goddamnit, I can only hope.

#15 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"AttackedCamo said:
Maybe they need more Randy Savage?"
Goddamnit, I can only hope."
Haha, indeed, only he could save this franchise! "I'm going snap you like a slim jim, spidey!"
#16 Posted by HistoryInRust (6380 posts) -

Well, one of the quotes is:

"When you know who the villain is, you know who is playing them."

My vote?  Totally going to Bonesaw McGraw.

#17 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1740 posts) -

I never thought that the Spider-man series was that amazing... Good entertainment, though.

I never watched the third movie.

#18 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

Major Epic Fail, they need to stop this shit, the 3 movies were really crappy.

#19 Posted by HistoryInRust (6380 posts) -
VilhelmNielsen said:
"I never thought that the Spider-man series was that amazing... Good entertainment, though.

I never watched the third movie."
Then you have not felt the sensation of brain cells disintegrating within your very skull.
#20 Posted by GP1Mil (116 posts) -

They are filming both 4 and 5 together jesus christ, Matrix 2 and 3 where filmed the same way and look at that ass. Those movies sucked so much buffalo ass that I would rather have a donkey diarrhea in my ass

#21 Posted by HitNRun (344 posts) -

3 was pretty obviously "we're out of good ideas but we need to start shooting in three months."

Nothing about these suggest anything better. In fact, you could infer they'll be at least as bad as 3 by the fact that they're signing a deal for two more films.

Just kill it.

#22 Posted by Solid_SnakeXx (1771 posts) -
Gizmo said:
"Epic fail. "
#23 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -
VilhelmNielsen said:
"I never thought that the Spider-man series was that amazing... Good entertainment, though.

Same. Probably never won't either.
#24 Edited by Oni (2109 posts) -

I liked parts of 3 simply because of my inherent love for Spidey. But damn if that movie wasn´t a total mess. Venom was done no justice at all. Sam Raimi can´t direct for shit, either.

Let´s just give Spiderman to Christopher Nolan and let him reboot the franchise. The thought gives me a nerd boner.

#25 Edited by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

The more there are, the worse they get.

It's all more of the same.
#26 Posted by Iraqi_Gangster (107 posts) -
Gizmo said:
"Epic fail. "
This^^
#27 Edited by Karmum (11519 posts) -

I thought this was known already? It was reported a few months ago how SP4 was going to hit the theaters in like May of 2011.

Alot of waiting for me. :(

Carnage in SP4 would mean an instant watch if it would happen.

#28 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
Demyx said:
"VilhelmNielsen said:

Same. Probably never won't either."
You are doing yourself a favour - believe
Allow to suggest some more worthwhile investments of time than seeing spiderman 3

1)Removing your genetalia with a spoon
2)Watching paint un-dry
3) Waiting for Tom green to start being funny
4)learn a foreign language
5) Watch adam sandlers new film
6) Awww fuggit - remove toby mcguires genitalia with a spoon and be done with it!
#29 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3885 posts) -

You know, you could have put the words "spider-man sequels" SOMEWHERE in the damn thread title.  Ugh.

And this video says everything that needs to be said about the last spider-man movie:

#30 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

I love spiderman but the last movie was awful. The first 2 weren't that great either. Hopefully the next ones will be better.

#31 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
 Apparently, Sony Pictures is mulling over the option to shoot the two sequels simultaneously as an attempt to minimize overall cost and inconvenience.
lulz wut?
#32 Posted by KillaMaStA (859 posts) -

Im still hoping the next one will be decent

#33 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"IGN reports that both Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire have "reportedly" reached an agreement with Sony Pictures over the future of the Spider-Man film franchise. 

And that future includes not only a "4", but a "5" as well.  Apparently, Sony Pictures is mulling over the option to shoot the two sequels simultaneously as an attempt to minimize overall cost and inconvenience.

After the travesty that was Spider-Man 3, does the world really need another Sam Raimi-delivered smattering of lip service to the fanbase's favorite antagonists?  Are we going to be subject to more melodrama and cliche? 

Discuss."
Parker dancing was the greatest moment in that whole film. The symbiote got him into thinking he's a cool guy, and that's exactly what a dork like Parker would think a cool guy is: Some douchebag dancing on tables in a jazz bar.

Didn't Raimi not even want to do Venom? Maybe if they just let him do as he pleases and not try to shove 90's-era storylines like the symbiotes and clones in the films it'll be good fun.
#34 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -
Oni said:
"I liked parts of 3 simply because of my inherent love for Spidey. But damn if that movie wasn´t a total mess. Venom was done no justice at all. Sam Raimi can´t direct for shit, either.

Let´s just give Spiderman to Christopher Nolan and let him reboot the franchise. The thought gives me a nerd boner."
Dude, making Spider-Man dark and gritty is not an idea that has worked out in the past.
#35 Posted by Dalai (7057 posts) -

Great,the movie industry is taking cues from the gaming industry... endless sequels due to a lack of originality.  Just wonderful... ugh.

#36 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

I liked the first 2 and then three just sucked. I very much disliked 3. I hope they don't ruin a good movie comic series. It's getting old.

#37 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3885 posts) -
TEAMHOLT said:
Parker dancing was the greatest moment in that whole film. The symbiote got him into thinking he's a cool guy, and that's exactly what a dork like Parker would think a cool guy is: Some douchebag dancing on tables in a jazz bar.
Do not try to defend emo spider-man.  Do NOT.
#38 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
TEAMHOLT said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"IGN reports that both Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire have "reportedly" reached an agreement with Sony Pictures over the future of the Spider-Man film franchise. 

Discuss."

Didn't Raimi not even want to do Venom? Maybe if they just let him do as he pleases and not try to shove 90's-era storylines like the symbiotes and clones in the films it'll be good fun.
"
When I saw that scene I felt embarassed to be watching the movie. Venom was in the movie for all of 5 minutes and Spider-Man had the Black Suit on for even less. That movie was shit.
#39 Edited by HistoryInRust (6380 posts) -
SpaceInsomniac said:
"You know, you could have put the words "spider-man sequels" SOMEWHERE in the damn thread title.  Ugh. 
Dude, seriously.  Cry me a river. 

BiggerBomb said:
When I saw that scene I felt embarassed to be watching the movie. Venom was in the movie for all of 5 minutes and Spider-Man had the Black Suit on for even less. That movie was shit."

This is truth.  Even from a Spider-Fan's frame of reference, this film was bad.
#40 Posted by Win (541 posts) -

I....I just....I don't want my heart broken again like with Spidey 3......*cries*

#41 Posted by L (1680 posts) -

I loved Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. 3 sucked, though. Hopefully, two more sequels will be more on the enjoyment scale of the first two.

#42 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

Well they better learn from their mistakes and actually make a good sequel because Spiderman 3 was absolute shit.

#43 Edited by carpei (60 posts) -
#44 Posted by HistoryInRust (6380 posts) -
#45 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -

I still believe that Sam Raimi destroyed Spider Man 3 on purpose. That is the only logical reason I can find for the movie to turn out the way it did.

#46 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Shooting the movies simultaneously really isn't as bad as it sounds.  The Lord of the Rings trilogy was all shot in one big year-long session down in New Zealand.  Kill Bill vol. 1 and 2 were also shot as one movie and later split into two.  Whether or not the world needs another Spider-Man movie is the real question I guess.

#47 Posted by pause422 (6218 posts) -

well I never liked Spiderman to begin with even as a character, but regardless of that and still seeing the first 3 movies...this isn't surprising its happening, but honestly why....

#48 Posted by John (828 posts) -

Im part the the people that liked sm1, 2 and 3. So this is good news for me. :D

#49 Posted by henjin (829 posts) -

No more. Please.

#50 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"How about someone comes up with an original idea for a movie and stops making popcorn superhero flicks?"
I know right? Sadly all the creative juice seems to be in people outside of the movie industry.