• 97 results
#1 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

Decided to see a Little Pony episode ... Im loving it and laughing and ... D: am I becoming a brony??? Help me duders . I put the blame on Celestia and Luna ... they are so cool looking , so on the same theme have you duders ever fell for a program aimed at gals/dudettes before? I´ll be honest I have too fallen for Sailor Moon (I saw the entire episodes , uncut and uncensored ) , Magic Knight Rayearth , and for Utena (well the movie at least) and for some manga from the Clamp girls , but for tv programs never , which makes me ask you , which ones would be consired dudettes tv programs? sex in the City , desperate House wives or what? (Never liked those tho) Come on dudes its time to confess :3

#2 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3204 posts) -

Eh, it's not a bad show. A lot of the more obsessive and out-there fans have pretty much alienated everyone to the point that it's seen as some kind of horrible affront to all that is to not hate the show, but the truth is there are much, much worse things on TV that people watch every day. They took something that should have been nearly impossible to work with and made it tolerable, and yes, even kinda cool. I mean hell, when told they needed a character to be obsessed with clothing for toy-sales purposes, they gave their bosses the hardest finger they could and made her a fashion designer instead of the brain-dead shopaholic that was expected. The show deserves some respect for things like that, and considering I have a niece that I have to watch pretty often, I very much prefer that she watch My Little Pony rather than half the crap that comes on the rest of the kid channels these days.

#3 Edited by EXTomar (5021 posts) -

Naw you are no more a "brony" than anyone where if you say you aren't then you are not. Just because you like some Star Trek doesn't make you a Trekker or Trekkie or whatever.

I do find the show a fascinating example of how a well built fiction can be built around anything. And the show is an example of "tech retro" which we also see in video games where the technology is powerful enough to produce a much more detailed and fluid show they elected to stick with a specific style and concentrate on using that technical power in other ways.

#4 Posted by Draugen (749 posts) -

You've done effed up, that's what you've done!

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11869 posts) -

IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

Go drink a borderline unsafe amount of alcohol whilst watching wrestling clips online. Then never look back.

Actually, don't do that. I don't want to be responsible for alcohol poisoning.

#6 Posted by BonOrbitz (2398 posts) -

Okay, I've never seen an episode of My Little Pony Bronies. Could someone please explain to me what they hell is going on with that show and why everyone has a hard on for it?

#7 Posted by zyn (2765 posts) -

It's too late. Sorry dude.

#8 Posted by TruthTellah (9612 posts) -

@Aetheldod: You are sliding into the abyss. A place you cannot escape. The Sarlacc is slowly pulling you further and further toward an eternity of ponies.

But do not resist. For you are already dead.

#9 Posted by EXTomar (5021 posts) -
#10 Posted by mandude (2670 posts) -

Watching an episode now, and...I'm disappointed in you, my kinsmen. This is how you entertain yourselves?

#11 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6115 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

Go drink a borderline unsafe amount of alcohol whilst watching wrestling clips online. Then never look back.

Actually, don't do that. I don't want to be responsible for alcohol poisoning.

Fuck that shit, if he wants to remain a duder instead of becoming a dudette he'll have to do it! Do you hear me!? YOU'LL HAVE TO DO IT!

#12 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (402 posts) -

Too late.... you're a Brony.

#13 Posted by mandude (2670 posts) -

Fuck. Time to drink some poitín now.

#14 Posted by _Zombie_ (1473 posts) -

Quick! Go watch Clint Eastwood movies! There's still time!

#15 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (842 posts) -

Shhhhhh. Don't fight it.

#16 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5147 posts) -

You're already dead.

#17 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot: Oh that how I get cured then im in luck I have here a Clint Eastwood Collection ... gonna see me some dirty Harry before its too late !!!!

#18 Posted by _Zombie_ (1473 posts) -

@Aetheldod: Good man. You're safe.

#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -

A sad day for men everywhere.

#20 Posted by psylah (2272 posts) -

You've watched an episode and enjoyed it, therefore you're a furry / pedophile or some combination of the two!

Don't deny it, it's infallible internet logic.

#21 Posted by _Zombie_ (1473 posts) -

@psylah said:

You've watched an episode and enjoyed it, therefore you're a furry / pedophile or some combination of the two!

LOGIC!

#22 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot said:

@psylah said:

LOGIC!

Oh crap ._. you cant beat intewebz logic

#23 Edited by _Zombie_ (1473 posts) -

@Aetheldod said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@psylah said:

LOGIC!

Oh crap ._. you cant beat intewebz logic

Yes you can. You use its worst enemy.. 'Make shit up' logic.

#24 Posted by GetEveryone (4531 posts) -

I'm sure the guys/production company that work on it actually have a fairly decent portfolio.

My brother swears by it.

#25 Posted by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

@Aetheldod: You are sliding into the abyss. A place you cannot escape. The Sarlacc is slowly pulling you further and further toward an eternity of ponies.

To be clear, you are not Boba Fett in this scenario. You're one of the clumsy guards with no backstory.

#26 Posted by Animasta (14818 posts) -

WATCH GOOD CARTOONS INSTEAD

MIGHT I RECOMMEND KORRA

#27 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

@Ravenlight: But...but ... Boba its awesome and the rest are lame and ._.

#28 Posted by psylah (2272 posts) -

@GetEveryone said:

I'm sure the guys/production company that work on it actually have a fairly decent portfolio.

My brother swears by it.

Well Lauren Faust, the writer for MLP, also wrote for Power Puff Girls, which was also mega-hyper-awesome, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, which I haven't watched but am told is also quite enjoyable.

#29 Posted by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

@Aetheldod said:

@Ravenlight: But...but ... Boba its awesome and the rest are lame and ._.

Exactly.

#30 Posted by Arker101 (1484 posts) -
#31 Posted by Animasta (14818 posts) -

@psylah said:

@GetEveryone said:

My brother swears by it.

Well Lauren Faust, the writer for MLP, also wrote for Power Puff Girls, which was also mega-hyper-awesome, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, which I haven't watched but am told is also quite enjoyable.

Foster's was quite bad, I always thought; it focused too much on wacky random humor to be very good. PPG was good, but she wasn't the main writer so....

#32 Posted by TobbRobb (4985 posts) -

I hear it's supposedly pretty funny. Haven't watched it myself though. Have too much other stuff.

@psylah said:

@GetEveryone said:

My brother swears by it.

But this track record is undoubtedly strong!

Don't feel bad about what you are watching! I watched all of K-ON!, no shame. Though some might say that's slightly immasculating. I'm pretty sure it's aimed at 13 year old girls.

#33 Posted by stryker1121 (1740 posts) -

@psylah said:

On top of those things, you may have also caught 'teh gay.' Can't forget that, now.

#34 Posted by Hizang (9360 posts) -

I used to have one of those as a child, the ones where you would brush there hair.

GOOD TIMES.

#35 Posted by teh_destroyer (3689 posts) -

I used to watch Telitubbies as a kid, I am pretty sure that scarred my young adult hood growing up for a while.

#36 Posted by Irvandus (3055 posts) -

@BonOrbitz: Speaking from a non brony perspective, it's funny and well made. Apparently it also makes references to a bunch of geeky things.

#37 Posted by psylah (2272 posts) -

@Arker101:

#38 Posted by scalpel (326 posts) -

I saw one episode and it was as boring as any other cartoon.

#39 Posted by GetEveryone (4531 posts) -

@Animasta said:

MIGHT I RECOMMEND KORRA

I do. It's absolutely incredible and follows on from Avatar amazingly well, without feeling at all like cloying fan-service.

#40 Posted by habster3 (3618 posts) -

Ahhh shit, we've lost another one, guys

#41 Posted by PixelPrinny (1076 posts) -

I'll just leave this here.

#42 Posted by _Zombie_ (1473 posts) -

@Animasta said:

MIGHT I RECOMMEND KORRA

I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS AS WELL.

#43 Posted by Arker101 (1484 posts) -

@psylah said:

@Arker101:

#44 Posted by Twinsun (541 posts) -

I guess it might be because of my own insecurities, but both times I've tried watching it to see what all the hype is about, I can't last more than two minutes, if that, it just feel.. Wrong somehow.. Anyone else experienced this?

#45 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -

I've been liking stuff that's meant for boys all my life.

But I will never watch any of this Pony crap.

#46 Posted by TehFlan (1954 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Animasta said:

MIGHT I RECOMMEND KORRA

I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS AS WELL.

Yeah, Korra is probably my favorite television show period right now, animated or not.

#47 Posted by Video_Game_King (36567 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I've been liking stuff that's meant for boys all my life.

I imagine that's because in American culture, it's more acceptable for women to be like men than it is for men to be like women. Underlying sexist principles and such, so on and so forth.

#48 Posted by Harkat (1157 posts) -

Whoever you were as a human is gone. Kill yourself and save the rest of the group from infection, as well as spare yourself from the mutation process. You will be missed.

#49 Posted by gtg12 (69 posts) -

I agree watch some wrestling haha. I don't get what the big deal about the show is.

#50 Posted by supamon (1339 posts) -

At this rate the bronies will outnumber us!!